Eve Bennett - study YouTuber

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also she just assumes that every one in July/August/Sep had relatively normal birthdays? Yes I know the regulations were different then and some may have, but I live in Wales and none of my family were high risk but I can’t remember thinking I was going to have anything other than a “lockdown birthday” in July, we made a lovely day of it but it was totally at home and very much still with COVID hanging over - and that’s before we even get to key workers - certainly not saying “these people have had it worse” more pointing out the sheer assumption she jumps to in order to make her situation sound soooo much worse than it kinda is

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Oxford have told her she has to go abroad and if not she won’t be allowed to do 4th year basically
yeah my friend does spanish at oxford and the modern languages department literally said be patient and DON’T go anywhere until things are clearer and they are probs gonna suspend the 24-week requirement. She’s only going because she wants to and doesn’t care about the consequences 🤷🏾‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Also she just assumes that every one in July/August/Sep had relatively normal birthdays? Yes I know the regulations were different then and some may have, but I live in Wales and none of my family were high risk but I can’t remember thinking I was going to have anything other than a “lockdown birthday” in July, we made a lovely day of it but it was totally at home and very much still with COVID hanging over - and that’s before we even get to key workers - certainly not saying “these people have had it worse” more pointing out the sheer assumption she jumps to in order to make her situation sound soooo much worse than it kinda is
I live in Wales too and our restrictions were never really eased that much, or at least I feel like they weren't

Reactions: 4
Boyfriend has a September birthday and literally all we were brave enough to do was go out for dinner.
My birthday is on Monday, I'm spending it doing Zoom uni and getting pizza from over the road and just being thankful I survived a year! If I were Eve, I'd be even more thankful for getting over covid without any obvious long term health implications.
Her whinging about Oxford is old. I want them to punish her for breaking the rules, that girl needs to be shown on sequences

Reactions: 10
I live in Wales too and our restrictions were never really eased that much, or at least I feel like they weren't
And me! It used to be crazy that in England you could meet 6 people from 6 households indoors but in wales you couldn’t 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
Right? I have a September birthday and it was a few days before a big deadline, and I was working in a public facing job. We had cake in the office and I had a take away with my mum that evening. I haven't seen any of my friends since March. Restrictions technically allowed me to see them, but we were all being careful and avoiding public transport. Eve sounded almost angry talking about people with July, August, September, October birthdays? Meanwhile she was in Berlin, not social distancing at all with little consideration of Covid.

I generally get pretty irritated at these two week long birthdays people seem to have. Maybe it's me being insensitive, but I don't want to hear someone going on about their birthday for about a month in advance. It comes across as boring and self centred.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Right? I have a September birthday and it was a few days before a big deadline, and I was working in a public facing job. We had cake in the office and I had a take away with my mum that evening. I haven't seen any of my friends since March. Restrictions technically allowed me to see them, but we were all being careful and avoiding public transport. Eve sounded almost angry talking about people with July, August, September, October birthdays? Meanwhile she was in Berlin, not social distancing at all with little consideration of Covid.
Eve, if you were actually from the north you’d know, no one there has spent their life normal for some time, they closed restaurants as soon as they could up here, we haven’t been able to mix in doors or outdoors with friends really from the start of September!!! She’s a bleeping joke

My birthday is in July but again because I’ve got some brain cells, I had a zoom party with my friends and made cocktails.... no one unless you’re stupid has mixed and done stuff for their birthdays for ages, what she should be great full for is that she didn’t have to celebrate her 18th in covid or that she wasn’t hospitalised as a result of her covid! Honestly she reeks privilege and needs to get her head out of her own hole because she hasn’t lost ANYTHING as a result of this pandemic, you might think you’re better than West Bromwich but you’re not better than COVID you jumped up bint

Sorry but I’m sick of her attitude

• Heart
Reactions: 15
For a second I thought I shared my birthday with Eve but turns out she's celebrating two days early. And honestly my lockdown birthday hasn't been so mad. It was sad not seeing family but I went for a big walk with my bf, had cake, ordered dinner and watched a movie. She's acting like she'll never have a birthday again when she's been out so much with her friends and travelling round all year like there's no pandemic.

Reactions: 9
yeah my friend does spanish at oxford and the modern languages department literally said be patient and DON’T go anywhere until things are clearer and they are probs gonna suspend the 24-week requirement. She’s only going because she wants to and doesn’t care about the consequences 🤷🏾‍♀️
So eve is lying about being required to go to Spain? I know someone (not at Oxford) who is just spending their year abroad at home and just studying remotely at a foreign uni. How is it essential travel to move abroad for a few months when she has just spent months in Berlin? It’s not safe at all to be travelling at the moment, and surely Spain won’t be letting anyone in because of the new strain and with Brexit. Has she even got a job or internship in Spain? I just don’t understand how she can justify it and I’m sure the government haven’t said it’s essential travel.

Edit: also if I can’t move 2 hours away back to my uni room, then how can eve travel to Spain?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
For a second I thought I shared my birthday with Eve but turns out she's celebrating two days early. And honestly my lockdown birthday hasn't been so mad. It was sad not seeing family but I went for a big walk with my bf, had cake, ordered dinner and watched a movie. She's acting like she'll never have a birthday again when she's been out so much with her friends and travelling round all year like there's no pandemic.
My birthday was in April literally at the peak of the last wave and this is exactly what I did and it was really lovely. I didnt even take the the day off work! Other than not seeing family I didn't feel like anything was different. I get that your 21st is seen as a "big" birthday in the UK but it's my 30th this year and I'm still not expecting to do much seeing as my original plan to go abroad is definitely not happening! We've just got to accept that this is how things are at the moment and Eve definitely isn't doing that. All the moaning is really unnecessary.

Edit: Happy Birthday Super_Berry!

Reactions: 5
We've all had to make sacrifices, so why should Eve be allowed to jet off to Germany, Poland and Spain and not even follow social distancing rules? The fact that she's complaining when she was able to do so much in 2020 is just a kick in the face to people who have actually struggled in the pandemic. And yes, of course, we're allowed to be upset about missing things because of the pandemic even when others have suffered more, but my god I've never heard anyone complain as much as she has... Sorry Eve but people are dying, no one cares about your birthday celebrations being postponed x xx

Reactions: 21
She voted Lib Dem but voted strategically she said, and said she would have voted Labour were it not different circumstances from what I remember.
Eve is a Tory that has either not realised it yet or is struggling to accept it.

Reactions: 11
So when have birthdays been that big of a deal anyways? I mean as a kid they were pretty great but since turning like 14 or 15 they haven't been that special. Yes it a reason to party and have a fun day but it's nothing so special you'd have to talk about it for months and take it way too seriously.

Reactions: 21
So eve is lying about being required to go to Spain? I know someone (not at Oxford) who is just spending their year abroad at home and just studying remotely at a foreign uni. How is it essential travel to move abroad for a few months when she has just spent months in Berlin? It’s not safe at all to be travelling at the moment, and surely Spain won’t be letting anyone in because of the new strain and with Brexit. Has she even got a job or internship in Spain? I just don’t understand how she can justify it and I’m sure the government haven’t said it’s essential travel.

Edit: also if I can’t move 2 hours away back to my uni room, then how can eve travel to Spain?!
Our uni essentially banned year abroad travel in semester 1, they said it was essential travel for sem 2 if your year abroad was a mandatory part of your degree, but they made this decision before the cases skyrocketed again and were very clear that they would support you if you didn't want to travel

Eve is a Tory that has either not realised it yet or is struggling to accept it.
Such a Tory in denial it hurts

So when have birthdays been that big of a deal anyways? I mean as a kid they were pretty great but since turning like 14 or 15 they haven't been that special. Yes it a reason to party and have a fun day but it's nothing so special you'd have to talk about it for months and take it way too seriously.
In Serbia we literally don't even really celebrate them after 18 lol

Reactions: 4
She’s definitely a Tory, they way she acts all high and mighty and how she’s better than everyone else.

Also in her new video she said she wanted to be living up north in 5 years time. If she wants to be a journalist I imagine what she wants to do would be mostly based in London. And I thought she hated going back to a working class area when she comes back from uni so why would she want to move up north??

Reactions: 6
She’s definitely a Tory, they way she acts all high and mighty and how she’s better than everyone else.

Also in her new video she said she wanted to be living up north in 5 years time. If she wants to be a journalist I imagine what she wants to do would be mostly based in London. And I thought she hated going back to a working class area when she comes back from uni so why would she want to move up north??
Manchester has become hugely gentrified from companies being encouraged to move up north to save money and increase profits. It’s an increasing problem for people who have lived in the area/locals because they’re now being priced out of it, Manchester is being turned into the “northern” London

Reactions: 7

Because the north is now like some edgy zoo to middle class kids that want to appear not like the other middle class kids. Where we speak funny and she can pretend to be like us for the cultural experience before trotting to the south.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.