Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KikiOoMomo

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20230403-174554.jpg

Joe and his fiance celebrating the big news!

I'm sure the wedding won't feature Costco cakes nor a heavily pregnant bride 🤣

Joe looks so much happier than he ever did with Elle. Escaping her (snobby, shopaholic, grifter, delusional, toxic) clutches was the best thing to ever happen to him.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Merry Christmas, my fellow snarkers!

May your baguettes be buttered 🥖
And your Winstons full of mice 🐀
May your cankles fit in your boots, or it isn’t very nice 🦀
From the apple orchards of Seattle, and all across Puget Sound 🍎
First dumped by Chris and Joe, then Rick — but now a Fisherman she’s found 🎣
Baguette will arrive in their lives at a quick clip no doubt, 🥖
And in 2023 we’ll wax lyrical with so much to talk about 🗣
Elle, a mom — it will be such fun!
She’ll trade La Mer for Le diapèrs —and cashmere for baby poop 💩
All the while us Tattlers will be keeping in the loop
Elle, good luck
On the journey ahead
Because it will be hard
From a European Princess to simply just ~ Le mom ~
But even with this baby trap Elle seems to have no qualms
My Tattlers will continue into 2023
With Elle, her mom and wee Gigi, its now the Lecocq Bourgeoisie

Goodnight and good luck, Fisherman!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

KikiOoMomo

Chatty Member
with her old apartment view photo hanging in the background.
She'll be grooming Gigi from birth to snag a man and get that same view one day.

"You must honor your Canadian heritage, Gigi. Bring the sacred Lecocq Belgian waffle recipe back to Vancouver and conquer the city just like Maman did. Make Nordstrom your playground. Spend your inheritance from Nonna. Show them how us European women do it. Put fruit on the waffle. You can even borrow my Chanel tartan bag. 3, 2, 1... sorry, where was I?"

"Are you OK mom? I was saying, I've decided to move to Iowa and live with dad"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24

NopeNotEver

Can you guys imagine having a name like Giulietta Grumstrup? Or Genevieve Grumstrup? It sounds like a mean old lady in a Roald Dahl novel's name lol

• Haha
Reactions: 24

bateauivre

i've finally come out from the shadows to rant about Elle because after following and watching her for years, i genuinely don't get her and i think turning to faith is just the last thing i expected. she always came across as spoilt and a little bratty, but had some decent recipes and seemed like a nice enough, well educated vlogger that was harder to find in the mid 2000s.

how could someone who really had life handed to them manage to fall so far? i remember her talking about growing up in a really affluent area of victoria (BC), going to law school in the uk (talk about foreign student fees), doing her internship in hong kong and getting a really prestigious masters in toronto. we had really different styles and i always thought she was a bit of a brat, but she was different from the cookie cutter beauty gurus that moved to LA to sell me rebranded colorpop or morphe makeup.

i dunno, it just makes me sad that an educated, bright woman who really had the world as her oyster (pearl pun intended) -- managed to make so little of herself. what about friends, or cultivating a rich inner life? what about taking her fashion/jewelry brands to the next level and creating an aspirational lifestyle for her customers? stringing together pearls is one thing but she's limited to the economies of scale, with her social media account she could have created something bigger than herself, a company with a luxury vision and a unique balance in the fashion world.

anyways, thanks for letting me lament. it's a shame because i think at one point i was really cheering on for her, as narcissistic and vapid as she is. even though she was a monster with Joe, heartbreak usually leads to an intense period of growth yet in her case it was stagnation and then regression. i worry about her daughter growing up in a conservative environment and for her sake i hope she finds a way to protect her baby and guide her through life.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
It is sad, nothing feels right to me about Elle's life lately.
It all feels so forced and she seems more miserable than ever.
It's like she still believes all the material things will make her happy she just doesn't get it.
Even Elle's luxury buying resembles her mess of a life. What she gets is never quite what she really wants, but she'll fight tooth and nail to convince her viewers that her life is perfect and exactly what she planned for. You can't convince me that the tartan and plastic boy bags she's bought are her styles of choice when new classic medium flap in nice neutral colors from the boutique exists, and you can't convince me that shotgun wedding with the 40 something fisherman and fishing adventures are her fairytale when she was clearly so much happier with Joe and even Chris and Vancouver Club brunches. She can wax lyrical all she wants but the true is Elle rarely gets what she really wants, and her pathological lying and excessive consumption of things she barely wants aren't getting her there. She's not really happy and has no idea how to be happy with herself and her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

thecatlass

VIP Member
The highlight of vlogmas 2021 was a 30-minute rant about car salesmen not understanding she needs a jewel-toned car.

• Haha
Reactions: 20

Selma

It annoys the hell out of me that she films in that hallway mirror across from the powder room with the door open so the toilet is in the scene.

It amuses me that she wears the diamond bracelet Joe gave her all the time, even on her no makeup days.

She seems to be constantly addressing the hater skeptics. She made sure to mention how happy she is at her new law firm where she does full-time corporate law. Uh-huh. And she goes on about how her life has really come together since moving to Seatyle and everything has fallen into place and she now has everything she wants. Um, sure, okay. Or maybe she's trying to convince herself.

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
So is it weird that Eric seemed willing to be in his ex’s social media but seems to be adamant about keeping off Elle’s?? I mean I get being generally not featured but the fact that even the wedding photos are strategically sans Eric’s face is weird to me. Maybe he’s embarrassed by her?
My pet theory is that he was on the verge of or actually dumped her around the time of that Florida fishing trip, and that's why she was completely silent around then for an entire month, and only popped back onto YouTube to announce a scarf collection and pregnancy. We all know she will usually at least show off a meal she's having, the hotel, or the view of a sunset on her instagram stories even if she's too lazy to make a video. He only came back cause of the baby and now he's stuck with Eleanor whereas his ex was probably not interested in babytrapping him. If he's as religious as her newfound love of the church is pointing towards, then he definitely married her because of the baby. Having a kid out of wedlock, especially with someone you're dumping or about to dump, would be pretty embarrassing for a conservative Christian man,

ccc123000

Chatty Member
I hope Gigi is a cute little baby, and grows up to be a lovely little girl. She at least deserves that, having to deal with a narcissistic mother for the rest of her life.

Reactions: 19

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I follow Joe on Instagram still, mostly bc I liked a lot of his underwater photography. Anyway it looks like he just proposed to his gf on a beach somewhere and the ring looks big. I hope Elle is seething

• Wow
  • Heart

PrePackingPrep

The heart-to-heart while she was wrapping gifts was delusional. She admitted that there were moments she wasn't sure she'd get married or be a mom. She kept using the word unexpected when describing the pregnancy and wedding. Yeah, we know you weren't sure you'd ever be a wife. That's why you pulled the surprise pregnancy stunt.

Elle pretended to be religious when she was with Rick. They had the church booked for a wedding :LOL: Of course, she didn't mention church or religion after Rick dumped her until now. This is the saddest version of Elle we've seen yet.

• Haha
  • Heart

boredstrom

VIP Member
Even with Joe, had they gotten married, Elle would have loved to be in the traditional stay at home house wife role.
I still dream about the popcorn I would have gone through watching Elle's weekly bragfest vlogs if she had managed to lock down Joe and the firm he founded did well.

Sure, Elle would have considered herself a 'stay at home house wife' but we all know the only one staying home would have been the au pair.

Elle would have been doing her boozy weekday brunches with a doll or two, lecturing unfortunate macaroon shop clerks as she smears the display glass with her finger, pointing at which treat they need to box up next for her. She'd be a wife, but you sure as heck can't boss around your personal shopper at Nordy's, get you thrice weekly blowout, or drag the manicurist to William Sonoma to make sure she knows how to match your nails to your favorite Le Creusset 'from home'.

Heck, sometimes I think we're more disappointed it didn't happen than SHE is!

• Haha
  • Heart

Lovely

Chatty Member
I'll never get over her not marrying Rick. He was the Rhett to her Scarlett. The Burton to her Taylor. The, erm...Harry to her Meghan.

Watching that epic shitshow of a couple trying to build a life together would have been bliss. A glorious, unmitigated disaster. Simply *chef's kiss*.

• Haha

KikiOoMomo

Chatty Member
It must be so tiring being Elle and being so special. 😂
Poor thing is about as special and unique as a lawn gnome now that she's relegated to the Seattle suburbs. How ever will our girl stand out among the yummy mummies at the daycare? She can wear her granny's Hermes scarf and talk about putting fruit on her waffles. I'm sure everyone will be amazed at the European goddess in their presence!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

KikiOoMomo

Chatty Member
I just got back from Hawaii (Oa'hu, where Ginette used to live). Couldn't help but contrast Elle's version of the island with what I experienced. It is stunning - the miles-long beaches, the hikes, the botanical gardens, the boutiques and independent restaurants in Honolulu's downtown and the friendly people. We saw turtles coming ashore, took a boat tour, and had countless Mai Tai's. It was incredible.

Watching Elle, you would think Hawaii is nothing but shopping malls and chain restaurants. The designer boutiques she loves to visit are squeezed between the Cheesecake Factory and hordes of tourists in flip flops. The Ala Moana mall is, well, just like another other mall. I don't get it. Why fly to Hawaii and not enjoy it's natural beauty? I'd hate to go there and be cooped up in Ginette's ugly condo. Go to the beach! Go on a hike! Go swimming in the ocean! Going to the mall should be the last thing on your mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 18