Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast 🥖

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would highly recommend reading Sisters in Hate. It profiles 3 women who all became super entrenched and influential in the US white nationalism movement. One of the women in particular started out as a mommy/clean eating/trad life blogger. Choice quote from an NPR article about the book:

“These women are so out there, a reader might think. That could never be me. But one of Darby's points is that many white Americans, with their more politely racist views, are closer to these white nationalist women than they'd like to acknowledge.”
Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm going to read it! Thanks to all who responded to my question with your thoughts and personal experiences.

Reactions: 10
I would highly recommend reading Sisters in Hate. It profiles 3 women who all became super entrenched and influential in the US white nationalism movement. One of the women in particular started out as a mommy/clean eating/trad life blogger. Choice quote from an NPR article about the book:

“These women are so out there, a reader might think. That could never be me. But one of Darby's points is that many white Americans, with their more politely racist views, are closer to these white nationalist women than they'd like to acknowledge.”
Another interesting thing (well, in the context of this discussion) is that otherwise politically/socially moderate women tend to become more conservative if they marry conservative men. The theory is that, because their social status is directly linked to their husbands, they need their husbands to be financially successful. And, in the US at least, successful conservative-leaning men are almost always Republicans. I remember this because someone mentioned Elle following Ben Shapiro's sister and he's talked about this a lot (his wife is actually a doctor, although I have no idea if she still practices – I avoid him as much as possible because he gives me the heaves :sick:).

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Another interesting thing (well, in the context of this discussion) is that otherwise politically/socially moderate women tend to become more conservative if they marry conservative men. The theory is that, because their social status is directly linked to their husbands, they need their husbands to be financially successful. And, in the US at least, successful conservative-leaning men are almost always Republicans. I remember this because someone mentioned Elle following Ben Shapiro's sister and he's talked about this a lot (his wife is actually a doctor, although I have no idea if she still practices – I avoid him as much as possible because he gives me the heaves :sick:).
If She starts following Andrew Tate too then we will know the transformation is complete 😅✅

And Peterson and his daughter..

And Candace Owens

• Sick
  • Haha
Another interesting thing (well, in the context of this discussion) is that otherwise politically/socially moderate women tend to become more conservative if they marry conservative men.
We saw this so clearly with Elle. She started all this anti-vax nonsense when she started dating fisherman. Maybe it was some weird attempt to impress him? Now she's following homemaker influencers with five children and lots of SAHM accounts. So much for "attorney by day and entrepreneur by night".

This is what happens when you have no fixed identity/values. I knew she was nutty but she's actually crazy and unhinged. It's scary and hilarious.

Reactions: 18
I believe this is the real Elle
Her channel could really grow now,maybe her 'looks" and style may appear aspirational to the more homely sahm set.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I believe this is the real Elle
Her channel could really grow now,maybe her 'looks" and style may appear aspirational to the more homely sahm set.
For her channel to grow posting videos would actually be required. I think Elle is just ready to give up on YouTube. She has a new red scarf that she never even posted on Instagram or shared in a video plus she never showed the pin that would come with the blue scarf like she promised. She can’t even make content for her resell business I doubt she is driven enough to do it for stay at home mom content.

Reactions: 15
For her channel to grow posting videos would actually be required. I think Elle is just ready to give up on YouTube. She has a new red scarf that she never even posted on Instagram or shared in a video plus she never showed the pin that would come with the blue scarf like she promised. She can’t even make content for her resell business I doubt she is driven enough to do it for stay at home mom content.
She might have to financially.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I still think Rick was/is a trumper and I think that's started her acceptance of that kind of stuff. All the guys like him here in Ohio are trumpers. Moving to FL just enhances that opinion I think.

• Sick
I still think Rick was/is a trumper and I think that's started her acceptance of that kind of stuff. All the guys like him here in Ohio are trumpers. Moving to FL just enhances that opinion I think.
I truly think this is who Elle is, not the guys she meets necessarily. She's voting republican if she even votes.

I truly think this is who Elle is, not the guys she meets necessarily. She's voting republican if she even votes.
True, if you are willing to date someone like that clearly you don't really care. I just think she normally wouldn't have dated guys like that if she hadn't been desparate to get married. Joe was def the better of the bunch but I never got the idea that he really respected Elle much, Chris sure didn't. Those kinds of guys who can't even respect their own partner wouldn't care much about other people either.

True, if you are willing to date someone like that clearly you don't really care. I just think she normally wouldn't have dated guys like that if she hadn't been desparate to get married. Joe was def the better of the bunch but I never got the idea that he really respected Elle much, Chris sure didn't. Those kinds of guys who can't even respect their own partner wouldn't care much about other people, either.
This is where Ginette really failed. Self-worth, respect, and a strong work ethic are taught at home. Not in private school, not in college. Kids need to have confidence in themselves in order to stand up and shut down disrespect whether it be from school bullies or boyfriends.

Elle is a jack of all trades but a master of none. None of her side hustles are niche. She doesn't have the commitment or artistic ability to create anything special that could be marketable or collab'd with a well-known brand.

With the recent news of her "insta followings," I'd like to retract my comment (many moons ago) that Joe messed up Elle with the breakup. She pulled a long con and I think both Chris and Joe realized it after moving in, it's hard to respect a bullshitter and it showed through in her vlogs. I'm sorry I gave her channel any views! I hope her followers catch on soon!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I'm sorry I gave her channel any views! I hope her followers catch on soon!
Anyone who follows her and has not caught on by now is either hopelessly naiive, or they just aren't paying attention. They must watch her videos and accept everything at face value without giving a thought to any of it, then quickly move on to the next shiny object that captures their attention.

Anyone who follows her and has not caught on by now is either hopelessly naiive, or they just aren't paying attention. They must watch her videos and accept everything at face value without giving a thought to any of it, then quickly move on to the next shiny object that captures their attention.
Elle's ridiculous life choices (Rick, Florida swamp, Seattle, unemployment, baby trap, anti-vax, wedding while heavily pregnant) have really whittled down the fanbase to thirsty Karens. These women leave fawning comments about her sophistication and style and do nothing but encourage her. Let's not forget, these same fans were telling Elle how handsome Rick was when he was introduced 🤢🤢. Not exactly a discerning audience!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Ladies, I'm dying over here. Elle is now following far-right, super conservative, sister of Ben Shapiro, proud anti-feminist, "#TradWife" Classically Abby. This gem has brought us videos such as "Why We Should Not Believe All Women" and "Ladies, SEX Before Marriage is Ruining Your Life". Elle didn't get the sex memo but she certainly has embraced the #TradWife nonsense. I'm fully expecting her to start making baking videos and dispensing wisdom on being a submissive, traditional fisherman's wife. What a freak!!!

This is the same woman who told men on dating apps that they could c#$ inside her during a pandemic. 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
A big part of it is the appeal of a simple, easy life. It's hard "adulting" and managing a career, dating, balancing work/life/kids/school is difficult! So watching a homemaker who spends her days baking and shopping at Target and cutting up chicken nuggets for the kids and getting Starbucks in her giant SUV is a nice break from real life.

The TradWife stuff is a bit more extreme and I don't think appeals to that many young people. Many of those influencers support/follow/share white supremacy or evangelical or far-right stuff. Pretty unappealing stuff to most people of all political stripes.
As a working mom with 2 small kids and a mortgage and car payment and student debt etc, it all weighs so heavy on me. I still have to cook and clean and childminde etc. If I could do only those, it would actually be a relief lol. I think this is exactly what makes these so appealing to some.

This is the same woman who told men on dating apps that they could c#$ inside her during a pandemic. 🙄
wait, what? How does this topic come up lol

I can’t believe you found that!!! I’m dead. 🤣🤣🤣

True, if you are willing to date someone like that clearly you don't really care. I just think she normally wouldn't have dated guys like that if she hadn't been desparate to get married. Joe was def the better of the bunch but I never got the idea that he really respected Elle much, Chris sure didn't. Those kinds of guys who can't even respect their own partner wouldn't care much about other people either.
Wouldn’t it be hilarious if Joe was actually politically conservative? 🤣🤣🤣 I don’t think he is as I don’t think his current girlfriend would date him, but if he were I’d laugh my ass off.

Regardless of whether Elle wants to work or not, she is going to have to put more effort in her channel if she is still angling for that 3-4 carat engagement ring and Chanel bags. Fishy can’t afford the lifestyle or image she wants to portray. I guess if she were truly desperate she could get a CZ ring from JC Penney and wear Rebecca Minkoff Chanel dupes (do they still make those anymore???). 🤷‍♀️🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Regardless of whether Elle wants to work or not, she is going to have to put more effort in her channel if she is still angling for that 3-4 carat engagement ring and Chanel bags. Fishy can’t afford the lifestyle or image she wants to portray.
She really needs to get a full-time job. Mostly because of her insanely expensive tastes but also because she has the ability to earn a good salary without putting in a ton of effort (like her cushy Vancouver job). Being a SAHM mom on fisherman's salary and spending her mother's money won't end well. Someone already posted about Elle being resentful about how her life turned out and living on a normal middle-class salary will make Elle even more bitter and resentful. She still doesn't get that her shopping/spending was a factor in Joe dumping her!

Reactions: 12
She really needs to get a full-time job. Mostly because of her insanely expensive tastes but also because she has the ability to earn a good salary without putting in a ton of effort (like her cushy Vancouver job). Being a SAHM mom on fisherman's salary and spending her mother's money won't end well. Someone already posted about Elle being resentful about how her life turned out and living on a normal middle-class salary will make Elle even more bitter and resentful. She still doesn't get that her shopping/spending was a factor in Joe dumping her!
I'm the opposite, I want her to be financially reliant on Fishy, a SAHM on a budget, sort of what she did when she lived with Ricky in the swampland and pretended she was into thrifting and cheap alternatives, it was hilarious haha.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.