Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast 🥖

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is this "push present" really a thing? When did that start? Elle has to be rewarded with a material gift for "providing" her husband with a baby? "You gestated and pushed a baby out your vagina, so here is your reward" ?? Seems kind of creepy and regressive to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Is this "push present" really a thing? When did that start? Elle has to be rewarded with a material gift for "providing" her husband with a baby? "You gestated and pushed a baby out your vagina, so here is your reward" ?? Seems kind of creepy and regressive to me.
Didn't Elle once say that her mom got herself a push present after she had Elle? Apparently, it runs in the family!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Elle is close to giving birth and her whole pregnancy has felt so off... it's almost like she suddenly became private and didn't want to show off. It's sad to me she didn't have a baby shower or even any mom-to-be friends. Regarding the "push present", of course she'll get one as a reason to justify more shopping. I don't know why she doesn't just come out and say she buys things because she likes them. Trying to find reasons rings hollow and just reinforces that she is a shopaholic who tries to hide how much she buys (remember the Chanel tartan bag that suddenly appeared?!)

Reactions: 11
Elle is close to giving birth and her whole pregnancy has felt so off... it's almost like she suddenly became private and didn't want to show off. It's sad to me she didn't have a baby shower or even any mom-to-be friends. Regarding the "push present", of course she'll get one as a reason to justify more shopping. I don't know why she doesn't just come out and say she buys things because she likes them. Trying to find reasons rings hollow and just reinforces that she is a shopaholic who tries to hide how much she buys (remember the Chanel tartan bag that suddenly appeared?!)
It is sad, nothing feels right to me about Elle's life lately.
It all feels so forced and she seems more miserable than ever.
It's like she still believes all the material things will make her happy she just doesn't get it.

Reactions: 10
It is sad, nothing feels right to me about Elle's life lately.
It all feels so forced and she seems more miserable than ever.
It's like she still believes all the material things will make her happy she just doesn't get it.
Even Elle's luxury buying resembles her mess of a life. What she gets is never quite what she really wants, but she'll fight tooth and nail to convince her viewers that her life is perfect and exactly what she planned for. You can't convince me that the tartan and plastic boy bags she's bought are her styles of choice when new classic medium flap in nice neutral colors from the boutique exists, and you can't convince me that shotgun wedding with the 40 something fisherman and fishing adventures are her fairytale when she was clearly so much happier with Joe and even Chris and Vancouver Club brunches. She can wax lyrical all she wants but the true is Elle rarely gets what she really wants, and her pathological lying and excessive consumption of things she barely wants aren't getting her there. She's not really happy and has no idea how to be happy with herself and her life.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don't think Elle ever does anything just for the satisfaction of accomplishing it. Every new development in her life is celebrated with a handbag or shopping spree. I think that caring for a baby will bring up a lot of Elle's entitled attitude/victim mentality. She will expect to be praised for her effort but it will probably be hard for her to recognize that her husband and mother are doing just as much if not more.
I don't believe Fisherman will buy her a push present. However, I do believe Elle will buy herself something expensive. I also think Ginette will give Elle something generous.

I agree, I think Ginette will get her something "for being so resilient" (ie, birthing a human being). :D🤷‍♀️

• Haha
  • Sick
I agree, I think Ginette will get her something "for being so resilient" (ie, birthing a human being). :D🤷‍♀️
This is her chance to get a new Chanel bag from the boutique! Who knows when the purse strings will open again, especially once Baguette comes into the picture and eats (and poops) away all of mama G's savings.

• Haha
Do we want to start a wager on what her ‘push present’ will be?

Also — Do you think they’ll get a Tiffany’s tiara for Baguette… or will she simply just inherit Elle’s heirloom silver spoon…. 🥄 👑
I mean the dude married Elle Florence. What the hell more of a push present can she ask for?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
So vlogmas was the one video up until her birthday and nursery tour? I’m sure we will get the Ellemas special announcing the birth of her daughter. Why even call this vlogmas?

Reactions: 9
This is her chance to get a new Chanel bag from the boutique! Who knows when the purse strings will open again, especially once Baguette comes into the picture and eats (and poops) away all of mama G's savings.
In one of her videos, maybe the Chanel "horror" story, Elle said she was planning on walking into the boutique on her 30th birthday and buying a brand new bag. That never happened (instead she threw a country music BBQ party in her mom's living room) but maybe this will be the opportunity to fulfill that wish of buying brand new, classic Chanel at full price and having the smug satisfaction of strutting down the street with a giant Chanel shopping bag.

• Haha
  • Wow
In one of her videos, maybe the Chanel "horror" story, Elle said she was planning on walking into the boutique on her 30th birthday and buying a brand new bag. That never happened (instead she threw a country music BBQ party in her mom's living room) but maybe this will be the opportunity to fulfill that wish of buying brand new, classic Chanel at full price and having the smug satisfaction of strutting down the street with a giant Chanel shopping bag.
Fisherman is about to find out the true meaning of 'Chanel "horror" story' . . . he married it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
But at that point she already had at least two Chanel bags she bought in the boutique 🤔 the WOC and Boy.

Reactions: 2
Wouldn't it be amazing if Elle had a beautiful long lost sibling.
You mean, one whom her father actually acknowledged? That would be a hoot!!

She will strut down the street with said bag, and no one will notice or give a flying f*ck.

Reactions: 6
At this point, a push present would be really impractical and quite excessive. With the wedding band, shotgun wedding expenses, nursery "splurges," baby expenses / birthing expenses...that can't be cheap. So many major life changes within months of each other, pushing for that push present just might be pushing her luck (puns intended).

At this point, a push present would be really impractical and quite excessive.
Well... Mount Nordstrom was impractical and excessive (and tacky!) but that didn't stop her. Elle has no concept of money, she just spends other people's. Her mother bankrolling her every whim doesn't help, it's given Elle champagne tastes when she needs to adjust to living on fisherman's Bud Light salary.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Poor fishy has no idea what he's gotten himself into. There is no way Mr 40 years old, has no property, and enjoys fishing in the swamplands of Florida can keep up with Eleanor's expensive Vancouver Club tastes. I predict that she'll eventually revert to her old ways even though she might be compromising her spending and pretending to enjoy his interests for now. She'll be drowning in cashmere purchases, 100 dollar candles, and designer (even if secondhand!) bags very soon again and fisherman will have to take it unless he wants his daughter to grow up without a daddy. I can just imagine Elle insisting that Baguette need to use the nicest cashmere blanket that Nordstrom has to offer, and how she as in Elle needs to join the Seattle equivalent of the Vancouver Club so that Baguette can have the right friends (and that she can lunch with the other moms). Everything will be framed as "for the baby" but we know it's all about Elle.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.