Elle Florence #18 From Joe to Rick, now married to a hick: husband at last, baguette arriving fast šŸ„–

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It annoys the hell out of me that she films in that hallway mirror across from the powder room with the door open so the toilet is in the scene.

It amuses me that she wears the diamond bracelet Joe gave her all the time, even on her no makeup days.

She seems to be constantly addressing the hater skeptics. She made sure to mention how happy she is at her new law firm where she does full-time corporate law. Uh-huh. And she goes on about how her life has really come together since moving to Seatyle and everything has fallen into place and she now has everything she wants. Um, sure, okay. Or maybe she's trying to convince herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Elle should speak in tongues in her next video. She's already fluent in so many languages and it'll be a hit with her fellow churchgoers! Her sudden religiosity feels inauthentic. Maybe it's her last ditch effort to turn her life around? As you say @Selma she is clearly not satisfied with her life and religion might be a way to cope with that. Praise be, Elle... I don't think even Jesus can get you out the hole you've dug for yourself!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Haha is she really going to church? That's hilarious. I hope she repents for all those years of sex without marriage (including when Baguette was conceived lol) and being a selfish twit which isn't very Christian-like.
Was she also wearing a crucifix pendantšŸ¤”šŸ˜‡

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
It annoys the hell out of me that she films in that hallway mirror across from the powder room with the door open so the toilet is in the scene.

It amuses me that she wears the diamond bracelet Joe gave her all the time, even on her no makeup days.

She seems to be constantly addressing the hater skeptics. She made sure to mention how happy she is at her new law firm where she does full-time corporate law. Uh-huh. And she goes on about how her life has really come together since moving to Seatyle and everything has fallen into place and she now has everything she wants. Um, sure, okay. Or maybe she's trying to convince herself.
She is definitely a candidate for joining a cult.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The heart-to-heart while she was wrapping gifts was delusional. She admitted that there were moments she wasn't sure she'd get married or be a mom. She kept using the word unexpected when describing the pregnancy and wedding. Yeah, we know you weren't sure you'd ever be a wife. That's why you pulled the surprise pregnancy stunt.

Elle pretended to be religious when she was with Rick. They had the church booked for a wedding :LOL: Of course, she didn't mention church or religion after Rick dumped her until now. This is the saddest version of Elle we've seen yet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
There are plenty of single women who are more hardworking, interesting, attractive than Smelle. But I don't think half of them are so hell-bent on becoming a Mrs as smelle was. Getting married as such is not an achievement and i wish people understood this. 50% of married western couples end up divorcing because people marry for the wrong reasons. Getting a dude to agree to marry you isn't a success. Success is having a stable, loving relationship (whether formal or not) that both partners enjoy. And so far smelle hasn't been able to achieve that with anyone, so perhaps she should consider what went wrong there before she pats herself on the shoulder one more time while saying 'my husband' (who is nowhere to be seen and seemingly got replaced by the OG husband aka mama spermbrows).

Regarding Smelle's newly found faith, it's another of things she does to appease a guy. Ricky and Fishy are both conservative hillbillies and smelle in her love life desperation was clutching at straws to go for dudes like this. Can anyone imagine a Vancouver yuppie like Chris the English troll or Joe marching to church every Sunday? Methinks no chance ;)
And these two were the dudes she really wanted to live with for the rest of her life - financial stability, prestigious housing, reputable careers, guaranteed lady who lunches life.

Perhaps the upside of having no personality/shopping addiction being your only personality trait is that you accept whatever your other half is into (even if it's fishing or religion) and willingly do it with them lol

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She is definitely a candidate for joining a cult.
Fisherman: "I found this great place to live, get out of the city and be surrounded by lots of fishing and faith. It's down south... Jonestown 2.0"

Elle: "Sound wonderful, husband! Should I paint my nails red to match the Kool Aid or green to match the tropical plants?"

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Personally, and this doesnā€™t warrant an answer, it really bothers me that Smelle or any other woman would compromise her values just to please a guy. Nowhere in her previous videos did she EVER indicate she was remotely religious or belonged to some kind of Christian faith. Funny how she starts following these alt-right nut jobs and Christian trad wives now that sheā€™s wifed up. šŸ™„ It just seems so fake and disingenuous.

Iā€™m atheist and Iā€™d never marry a religious person no matter how desperate I got. And before anyone thinks Iā€™m being judgmental because this guy happens to be Christian, Iā€™d think itā€™d be just as bad if Smelle were religious and married an atheist edgelord. Like how desperate do you have to be to alter your belief system just to say you have someone?!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
The whole comment about her baby not sharing a birthday with someone they know is so stupid. I'm a twin, I've shared my birthday my whole life. Elle I assure you I've managed to survive all this time despite having to share my birthday. I even knew a few kids in school who had the same birthday and you know what that's not the end of the world. She's so stupid

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Personally, and this doesnā€™t warrant an answer, it really bothers me that Smelle or any other woman would compromise her values just to please a guy. Nowhere in her previous videos did she EVER indicate she was remotely religious or belonged to some kind of Christian faith. Funny how she starts following these alt-right nut jobs and Christian trad wives now that sheā€™s wifed up. šŸ™„ It just seems so fake and disingenuous.

Iā€™m atheist and Iā€™d never marry a religious person no matter how desperate I got. And before anyone thinks Iā€™m being judgmental because this guy happens to be Christian, Iā€™d think itā€™d be just as bad if Smelle were religious and married an atheist edgelord. Like how desperate do you have to be to alter your belief system just to say you have someone?!
I think her purchase of that hideous fishing sweatshirt also shows she's drastically changed her belief system. I will give her some credit for being less high maintenance than I can admit I would be by her accepting that house and the kitchen. I will admit I am being a bit ridiculous, but I just would not be able to bring myself to cook in that kitchen. That is my own issue, but I feel like Elle would have been similar based on her apartments in Canada, and yet she has just gone with it (although I guess hygiene isn't ever a big concept for her). She shows it despite its lack of "aesthetics" so that leads me to believe she's not as about appearances as I assume.

Happy lunar new year to all who celebrate!

Elle used to have to rely on her break-ups/getting kicked out life events as her excuse to not follow through on her YouTube or business. Now she has migrated to a new excuse. "I'm TrAdIsHiOnaL!"

"I'm traditional and everything that has happened in my life is so unexpected because I have no core sense of self! Isn't that romantic you guize??!"

Like everyone else, I am skeptical that this new life she has locked down (literally) will make her happy because I don't know that someone so malleable even knows what makes them happy... I suspect that the pull of buying things (her longest-standing true love), the tens and tens of thousands of dollars she loved spending on her career woman image and lifestyle ...that pull on her psyche will be strong. That itch isn't going to get scratched at Walmart. The novelty of her coveted married woman identity will wear off. Caring for a baby will exhaust her. The new church friends will see her for the narcissist she is. Aquatalia will come out with new styles of boots. And what will she do? Can't escape to Hawaii to be spoiled by mom anymore! Building a career... Too hard after moving to the U.S. and doubling down on this tradwife charade and putting all her eggs in the fisherman basket. How long will Elle tolerate pretending to find fulfillment in housework and traditional Christian marriage roles (which suck for women a lot of the time)? She's about to get what she thought she wanted and... newsflash! Cosmopolitan (marginally), spoiled, self-centered, indulged, only child who has never worked hard outside of studying for exams is not... going to love the mundanest of mundane domestic life! Oh tit!

Once the cognitive dissonance boils over, there will be more dramatic developments for this one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Casually dropping in "church" and a "new community that's embraced her" hint at what's coming next. I'm sure we'll hear more of church life if she decides to come back to youtube. Take Elle's timeline and double it- her next video post will be in June/July. Or perhaps a goodbye video because she's found a new community to sell her scarf and jewelry collection to. There are varying degrees of participation when it comes to religion. Maybe Elle will be the special occasion churchgoer? :) To each their own.

I felt happy when I saw Elle holding the baby, maybe because I didn't see her with a family of her own anytime soon. I thought she'd continue her cycle of moving, dating, nordy haul, Vlogmas, Hawaii - well into her early 40's. So good on her. I wish she had talked about her labor experience. I think we would have heard more if she actually had to go through labor and hours of pushing. Traditionally the first does not come swiftly. So I think it was a planned c-section. To me, swift means she signed in, put on the gown, and 45 minutes later had a baby in her arms. Nothing wrong with a planned c-section. But she never addresses real life - only cashmere and dual-chrome pearls for this lady!

And the video is way too long. Why didn't she post two separate videos? The end of vlogmas (mid-Jan) and a birth story/update a few weeks later. We all know her community would have watched both with anticipation!

Either way- I'm looking forward to seeing a chubby baby Gigi. She was the highlight of the video!

She mentioned going to church and is wearing a cross necklace and weirdly mentioned a ā€œcommunityā€. Sheā€™s definitely drunk the Kool-aid Fishyā€™s been making.
OMG, I missed the church mention and cross necklace when I skimmed through her video. Not surprising. Religion is where a lot of lost people find a home. I never, ever heard her reference church or religion in any prior videos, at least not in her life prior to Fishy. So now she is a born-again virgin?! I bet this is where her friend who received the scarves came from.

She's the new Hilary from Old World Home.
Or the new "Inspired by Nikki." šŸ¤®

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Elle pretended to be religious when she was with Rick. They had the church booked for a wedding :LOL: Of course, she didn't mention church or religion after Rick dumped her until now. This is the saddest version of Elle we've seen yet.
I wouldn't take booking a wedding in a church as a sign of being religious. I think she just wanted the traditional church wedding and found a place open to everyone. Some places will require you to meet the priest but you don't need to regularly attend, just say you're Christian and pay the fee.

In any event wearing a crucifix is quite a leap from booking a church wedding. Will the next video be her favourite bible verses? She's nuttier than peanut butter.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She won't. Apparently, she has her dad's eyes :LOL:
Thank God!!!!

I wouldn't take booking a wedding in a church as a sign of being religious. I think she just wanted the traditional church wedding and found a place open to everyone. Some places will require you to meet the priest but you don't need to regularly attend, just say you're Christian and pay the fee.

In any event wearing a crucifix is quite a leap from booking a church wedding. Will the next video be her favourite bible verses? She's nuttier than peanut butter.
It will be of Gigi's baptism

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5

I just have to step in here for a moment. Plenty of people marry outside of their belief system, whatever that may be. My husband is an atheist and I have deep spiritual beliefs. We completely respect one another and have had zero issues over these differences. Neither one of us was desperate, as your post seems to imply we would have to be in order to tolerate each other.

Reactions: 4
The whole comment about her baby not sharing a birthday with someone they know is so stupid. I'm a twin, I've shared my birthday my whole life. Elle I assure you I've managed to survive all this time despite having to share my birthday. I even knew a few kids in school who had the same birthday and you know what that's not the end of the world. She's so stupid
She was meaning Ā« sharing a birthday with Jesus Ā» maybe who knows this girl is crazy!

She won't. Apparently, she has her dad's eyes :LOL:
You canā€™t tell at 3 weeks! Sounds desperate to have a girl with light colored eyesā€¦.

Reactions: 6
She was meaning Ā« sharing a birthday with Jesus Ā» maybe who knows this girl is crazy!

You canā€™t tell at 3 weeks! Sounds desperate to have a girl with light colored eyesā€¦.
Never forget how Elle insisted Ginette was more Italian looking than she was or something like it was an insult in a vlogmas video. Elle would be foaming at the mouth to give birth to a blonde blue eyed child with ā€œpale European skin.ā€ I donā€™t even want to go into what that all impliesā€¦

Iā€™m not shocked sheā€™s turned into a Bible thumper. Always thought Elle would sell her mother if it meant having the chance to get married, so why would something like values or religion hold her back?

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.