Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MalletsMallet

It may sound silly as it is a soap, but I feel really knotted in my stomach knowing this is coming tonight.

I think watching it as a viewer knowing what is coming is worse. There were so many points in last night's episode where you were just mentally screaming at her to raise her voice to her family.

I seriously hope they handle the aftermath with sensitivity and real world application and don't play it for dramatic effect.

To anyone who is in a similar situation. Just get out. Belongings can be replaced. There is nothing, absolutely nothing that is worth more than your life. There are enough organisations, services and kind strangers who will help you with absolutely everything you'll need to set yourself back up again. If you have children, never think that you should stay for them. Witnessing domestic violence is far worse than 'breaking up' a family. Go and be safe.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Emmadale

VIP Member
Forgot to post after Friday’s. They’ve got the wrong brother in the police in Walford. Max was able to work out in 5 minutes what Sharon was up to....and even how she was doing it!

• Haha
Reactions: 21

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Eastenders is still very hit and miss for me (mainly miss). I was really sad to see Chantelle die and hope Gray gets found out. I didn't like Kheerat being shoehorned into the story as it takes away from the persistent DV Chantelle suffered for years. She died because Gray is a nasty bully not because she was having an affair and having Kheerat involved muddys the issue.

The actor who plays Kheerat is good but it just didn't ring true with Chantelle suddenly wanting to be with him. I also like the actor who plays Mitch and hope that we can see a bit more from him.

I guess it's probably a good thing that the Taylor boys who usually hide in the attic have gone AWOL along with Bailey 😁

The police story trying to bring down Phil is laughable. Callum, Jack and the dodgy inspector with the weird voice appear to be the only members of the local police force 🤣 I bet anyone watching who works for the police is totally baffled along with most of the viewers.

I find Callum totally cringeworthy and unrealistic on every level. The only good thing about the storyline is that Ben has got his hearing back and we don't have to suffer those awful sound effects any more.

As for Stacey, if she had nicked a few small amounts you could believe it but £40,000 is bloody ridiculous 😁 As if Ruby wouldn't be straight down the police station over that.... oh wait there's only 3 coppers in Walford so why bother 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Tonight’s episode was a toughie - I hadn’t been into the Mick/Linda storyline but tonight was excellent. I hate and love it when EastEnders makes me snuffle into a cushion! I’m so glad he’s finally realised when Katie’s been doing - I had read that Samaritans had been working with them to get the tone of tonight’s episode and right and I think they smashed it.

Bit of a different vibe to the usual NYE in Albert Square though!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

SkinkaareFan

VIP Member
I love it! I'm so happy it's back but so weird with all the subtle covid changes.

It's going to be heartbreaking watching the Chantelle scenes next week but (I don't mean to sound horrible) I'm glad it's going that way because they always show the victim getting away or getting help/revenge and this shows a slightly more realistic outcome. I'd love for EE to do a male DV storyline because there isn't many and it often gets forgotten that it happens both ways.

Never leave me again Eastenders 😭

Also I read that they're calling this series 2 of EE 😂 Only 6000+ episodes in the first 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
i don’t understand why he asked her to marry him, why not just change his will instead?
Ian likes getting married for some reason.
He's already been married 5 times: Cindy Williams, Mel Healy, Laura Dunn, and twice to Jane Collins. He also was engaged to Mandy Salter and Denise Fox.

Unbelievable that he's such a babe magnet 😁

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I understand them wanting to show how things can end for some women , however I felt the events that led to her death could have been a little more well thought out. For a start who -especially someone who is a parent- puts a really sharp kitchen knife blade upwards in the dish washer. No one that’s who.
I understand they want to play it in a way Gray can argue it was a terrible accident - even though we know the truth. But come on! I’d never put a knife like that in the dish washer to begin with, never mind in that position and it behind left open.
A few months ago I think in around January time. There was a scene where Chantelle was loading the dishwasher. She was loading it incorrectly in Grays eyes and he showed her that knives go in pointing upwards otherwise they don’t get cleaned properly.

I’m not sure if that was a bit of foreshadowing and they knew back then how Chantelle was going to die but it does make the whole knife pointing upwards thing make sense. He controlled almost every aspect of her life including mundane things like that. Tbf I’d argue that they put quite a lot of thought into how he was going to kill her, since options are limited with social distancing rules and in the end I think they managed to tie it all together quite well.

Last edited:

Paige7

VIP Member
They are being very weird with the whole Covid storyline, not mentioned at all until Sonia has a little stress out but then flies off on holiday - shops and pub still open, everything as normal and now a party happening, I’d rather they didn’t mention it all or did it properly

Reactions: 18

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Ian's face when Sharon said she didn't love him. 😂😂😂😂 A woman who shagged and loved young hunk Keanu is never gonna fall in love with Ian Squeale.

• Haha

Gggshh

Where's Sharon's baby been this whole time? I've only started regularly watching since xmas day and didn't even know she had a kid who wasn't Dennis till about 2 episodes ago :ROFLMAO: I've been updating myself on wikipedia
The baby has to be a year old almost yet is still content just laying in his pram all the time 😂 don’t know how she’s running a pub and not going upstairs every five mins!

• Haha

Emmadale

VIP Member
Omg
article in the Express saying Suki could be pregnant by Pete (wouldnt let me attach link)

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
“I’m so proud of you for being honest about the dead guy in our fridge” I just can’t😂😂 💀

Kim was on form tonight too.

Reckon they’re setting up for Gray to kill Tina.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
If Phil hadn't had the fight with Keanu the steering wheel wouldn't have been knocked. The boat wouldn't have sunk. He is also to blame for the Denny's death. If I was Sharon I would be plotting a double murder 😂
Or if Sharon hadn’t had an affair with Keanu , Phil wouldn’t have had a fight with him...
So following logic Sharon should do away with herself.

• Haha
Reactions: 16