Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tublet83

VIP Member
As annoying as it is I still watch it religiously 😂

Anyone else hate the new Ben Mitchell it just me?

Reactions: 16

MalletsMallet

Ah, goodness me.

I think it was very well done. We do have cases like we see in the more high profile media coverage where the perpetrator of DA actively seeks out to kill the other person, but I can imagine that in many cases that extra push, hit, violent shove is what results in the victims death. Looking back, having grown up witnessing it, I can see how 'easily' it could escalate to that situation.

This is Chantelle's story and that of her children. I really hope it goes on to show those in her life and the police competently piecing it together. Because just like we needed to see (for the first time in a soap) the possibility of the worst possible outcome for the victim, we equally need to see that justice can be achieved.

Agree that it should definitely be covered more in schools and young people of any sex and gender educated and empowered.

I might just go and watch the classic scene of Frank Butcher naked but for his dickie bow to lighten things up.

💖💖

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Scotch Mist

VIP Member

I get they want to highlight a terrible situation many go through but we've had enough doom and gloom this year. Will we see Frankie return or is she gone now?
The problem is that I'm really struggling to feel sorry for Mick. All he's done recently is abuse members of his family and mope about looking like he's got constipation. 😁

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Oh my gosh. I know we all knew what was going to happen but I didn’t imagine it happening like that. My guess was drowning or stairs. Chantelle really suffered😭 I felt nauseous watching Grey walk around the square and go to the shop & the vic after what he’d done. So cold and creepy. And the children will have heard the whole thing😢

Hopefully it won’t be long till he gets rumbled. Hoping one of the kids tells an adult about all the shouting and the loud crash they will have heard, which should raise questions about Grey’s version of events and open a whole can of worms.

Great acting all round, eastenders have done a good job with this storyline. Can’t wait till next week now.

• Sad

cosmo girl

VIP Member
I just watched Eastenders. I didn't expect to spend New Years Crying. He was just a little boy :cry: Tonights episode was very well done. Also highlights the fantastic work the samaritans do. I guess they are very busy this time of year. A very powerful episode..

• Heart

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Think EastEnders have done a good job with filming in the way they have. Some clever shots and angles etc.

I must say Letitia Dean is looking even more top heavy than she did before. I've always found her body shape to be utterly bizarre.

• Haha

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
Grey and Chantelle’s scenes give me the heebie jeebies! Both actors are doing a brilliant job. Also how convenient that two of Karen’s kids have gone to live with their dad. Mia and Mackenzie will obviously end up living in the tardis flat at some point.

The comment about Ian ordering a wedding cake for any woman who gives him half a smile was so funny but also true😂

• Haha

Shutterbug99

VIP Member
Did I miss an episode of EE? I'm sure when I watched on Friday Ian was at death's door in hospital with a bleed on his brain. Suddenly he's up and about and back on the Square. A miraculous recovery!

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Emmadale

VIP Member
I didn’t realise Gray had strangled Tina. I thought he stabbed her, I’m sure they had a tussle with a knife? I can’t remember now.

None of these episodes have been particularly memorable for the right reasons.
It was a socially distanced murder...he must have long arms! 😂

• Haha

Apple In My Pie

VIP Member
So heartbreaking. I'm surprised she died in this way because I thought Gray would have had her drown herself in the tub and then claim she committed suicide. Watching Gray go around the square like nothing was happening genuinely made my skin crawl. I'm thinking as the storyline unfolds Gray will try and pin it on Kheerat. I wonder if it will be concluded officially by Christmas?

I really, really wanted to see Chantelle thrive away from him :(

• Sad

MalletsMallet

I know Mick's storyline will be really important and an absolute damming reflection of how care services did and, in some instances, still do fail the most vulnerable.

But, on a superficial level- I just want to take a moment to reflect on a how we're all a little bit Mick at the moment. Coming out of lockdown a little bit fatter, with dreadflul hair and dreading going into the office/ being seen by friends and family 😂😂

• Haha

Isa Drennan

Chatty Member
It's just irritating that he has driven Linda away with his recent actions.
Frustrating to watch, but very realistic!

In severe mental health conditions, commonly associated with abuse, such as C-PTSD and BPD, fear of abandonment is a major symptom. This often leads to “pushing” others away, often as a protective mechanism, to avoid getting hurt 😓

Last nights episode had me in tears! Fantastic depiction of how vital The Samaritans are ❤

• Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
I wonder if they will change Amy’s head at some point, she seems like a decent young actress. This crush on Isaac is so cringe but also somewhat accurate.

Is it just me who is disappointed at the lack of coverage we are getting on Chantelle’s death? I know it was an accident so no real reason for people in the square to be questioning anything but I was hoping to see more of the Taylor/Bakers and Gray’s reaction to how things unfolded last week. Maybe I’m just impatient but I really don’t care about the other stories right now. What we got last night was good but there just wasn’t enough of it for me😆

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Ian "we can work it out"
Sharon "I just tried to kill you" 😁
Classic 🤣

Has Ian gone off to be homeless again?

• Haha