Eastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand them wanting to show how things can end for some women , however I felt the events that led to her death could have been a little more well thought out. For a start who -especially someone who is a parent- puts a really sharp kitchen knife blade upwards in the dish washer. No one that’s who.
I understand they want to play it in a way Gray can argue it was a terrible accident - even though we know the truth. But come on! I’d never put a knife like that in the dish washer to begin with, never mind in that position and it behind left open.
To be honest I think it would have ended differently if social distancing measures weren’t in place, as before lockdown we saw him beat her up physically.

Towards the end Chantelle was obviously a shell of her former self and was preoccupied so her not being sensible loading the dishwasher was probably her not thinking straight while she’s thinking of getting out!

Will be interesting to see if Mack & Mia speak up or say they saw her on the floor etc!

Reactions: 9
To be honest I think it would have ended differently if social distancing measures weren’t in place, as before lockdown we saw him beat her up physically.

Towards the end Chantelle was obviously a shell of her former self and was preoccupied so her not being sensible loading the dishwasher was probably her not thinking straight while she’s thinking of getting out!

Will be interesting to see if Mack & Mia speak up or say they saw her on the floor etc!
Id love to know how they explain the storyline to the kids who play Mack and Mia. Theyd have to know what has gone on to be able to act it out but its a hard subject for kids that little to deal with.

Reactions: 3
I understand them wanting to show how things can end for some women , however I felt the events that led to her death could have been a little more well thought out. For a start who -especially someone who is a parent- puts a really sharp kitchen knife blade upwards in the dish washer. No one that’s who.
I understand they want to play it in a way Gray can argue it was a terrible accident - even though we know the truth. But come on! I’d never put a knife like that in the dish washer to begin with, never mind in that position and it behind left open.
A few months ago I think in around January time. There was a scene where Chantelle was loading the dishwasher. She was loading it incorrectly in Grays eyes and he showed her that knives go in pointing upwards otherwise they don’t get cleaned properly.

I’m not sure if that was a bit of foreshadowing and they knew back then how Chantelle was going to die but it does make the whole knife pointing upwards thing make sense. He controlled almost every aspect of her life including mundane things like that. Tbf I’d argue that they put quite a lot of thought into how he was going to kill her, since options are limited with social distancing rules and in the end I think they managed to tie it all together quite well.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
That's classic Eastenders though: the divisive moral dilemma. Was Grey a violent wife beater? Yes. Did he have a large part to play in her death? Yes. Did she play a part in her death by being careless in leaving the knife blade up? Arguably yes. (Although we know she was forced to do so by Grey, he can easily cover that one up!) Should that have any bearing on whether Grey is charged with murder, manslaughter, accidental death etc even if it can be proven he was beating Chantelle?
This is the sort of stuff Eastenders writers get off on: the viewers will be talking and disagreeing over this for ages because it's not just entertaining, it speaks to human nature and makes us think about things we'd never usually consider.
Also, I know people who insist on leaving the sharp knives blade-up in the dishwasher because they reckon they wash better that way :D

I just wash them in the sink, as I find the dishwasher dulls the blade over time.
What would Gray think of that? :oops:
Yes. I’ve often done that too. I don’t use my dishwasher every day. I’ve never put knives or forks upwards.

Reactions: 2
I don’t have a dishwasher. I don’t think I’ll be getting one now... 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The idea of putting a sharp knife up in my dishwasher gives me the heebie jeebies! The smaller knives go face down, the bigger knives go in the upper drawer.

back on topic, just the most incredible but horrific episode, I can’t stop thinking about it and has led me to question certain things in my life. Job done.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Gonna hold my hands up and say I put dinner knives and forks in pointing up 🥺 not the proper sharp knives. I’ll be changing that now.

Reactions: 6
I was thinking more of he could be a suspect.
Omg I hope not 🥺 but this is a good shout you may be right!

I thought grey loaded it when Chantelle was away... The boys in my house do most things bloody backwards!

Last edited:
Yup. Never put a sharp blade knife in the dishwasher. It will ruin the blade. Always hand wash.

Reactions: 1
How long do we think it’ll be before Gray gets rumbled? I can’t see taking that long, he’s got his alibi but the kids will have heard everything.

How long do we think it’ll be before Gray gets rumbled? I can’t see taking that long, he’s got his alibi but the kids will have heard everything.
I don’t know, they did sort of set up for him and Whitney having a thing. Maybe he’ll get with her and there will be a pattern if he starts hitting her. Idk, they just seem to like giving Whitney crappy relationships.

Him getting the alibis is one thing but he looked possessed, especially when he was in the minute mart and Suki is one spiteful cow 😂

I can’t cope with how Kheerat will react 🥺💕

Reactions: 7
I don’t know, they did sort of set up for him and Whitney having a thing. Maybe he’ll get with her and there will be a pattern if he starts hitting her. Idk, they just seem to like giving Whitney crappy relationships.
Let's hope it goes the way of being a lightbulb moment for Whitney to see how her relationships could end up and maybe end in something more positive for her love life wise. We can but hope!

Reactions: 5
You’re right they did set that up at one point. I don’t really want to see Whitney end up in another sad relationship. I mean it makes sense and wouldn’t be totally random if it happened because they’ve got a bit of ‘history’. He’d use the fact that he’s the lawyer for her trial, and if she doesn’t do x then he won’t work on her case anymore. Maybe she finds out about what happened to Chantelle and he threatens her and says if you tell anyone, they’ll both end up in prison and use that to scare her into being quiet (she will inevitably tell someone). Seems like the kind of thing he’d do.

Him getting the alibis is one thing but he looked possessed, especially when he was in the minute mart and Suki is one spiteful cow 😂

I can’t cope with how Kheerat will react 🥺💕
I’m hoping the people who saw him out that night will pick up on how out of character he was being. He was white as a sheet and didn’t have his usual confident demeanour, hair was a mess etc. Certainly not the Gray everyone will be used to seeing out and about. Was so chilling to watch him go through the motions like that though.

Suki will know something is off, the way she was looking at Gray In the shop! She’s a skilled liar herself it takes one to know one. Could be a redemption arc for her especially if Gray tries to frame Kheerat. She won’t be afraid to ask him awkward questions no one would ever ask someone who’d just lost their wife in a ‘tragic accident’, imo anyway.

I’m rather invested in this storyline😂

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
You’re right they did set that up at one point. I don’t really want to see Whitney end up in another sad relationship. I mean it makes sense and wouldn’t be totally random if it happened because they’ve got a bit of ‘history’. He’d use the fact that he’s the lawyer for her trial, and if she doesn’t do x then he won’t work on her case anymore. Maybe she finds out about what happened to Chantelle and he threatens her and says if you tell anyone, they’ll both end up in prison and use that to scare her into being quiet (she will inevitably tell someone). Seems like the kind of thing he’d do.

I’m hoping the people who saw him out that night will pick up on how out of character he was being. He was white as a sheet and didn’t have his usual confident demeanour, hair was a mess etc. Certainly not the Gray everyone will be used to seeing out and about. Was so chilling to watch him go through the motions like that though.

Suki will know something is off, the way she was looking at Gray In the shop! She’s a skilled liar herself it takes one to know one. Could be a redemption arc for her especially if Gray tries to frame Kheerat. She won’t be afraid to ask him awkward questions no one would ever ask someone who’d just lost their wife in a ‘tragic accident’, imo anyway.

I’m rather invested in this storyline😂
Made my blood run cold when he was out and about creating his alibi while she was lying there in agony. He’s a coward, Mitch would kill him.

I tried to put this in a spoiler box but it didn't work!

I read that Suki tells Kheerat to keep quiet when he starts talking about his suspicions 😔

• Sad
  • Angry
That doesn’t surprise me to be honest. She’ll be watching from afar, trying to look for a way she can capitalise on the situation.

I just remembered a small detail from the minute mart scene. Gray said he didn’t want the organic milk because it was ‘too expensive’ but when he realises he has no money on him to pay for the glass bottle of milk he says he’ll pay tomorrow and give her £2 instead.

Bit weird to not want to pay for the ‘expensive’ milk but then seconds later he’s willing to pay presumably more than the organic milk would have cost the next day. Wonder if that was intentional or not. A minor slip up?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.