Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Northeast1988

VIP Member
I’m not a stickler for the rules at all but if everyone ignores and does such blatant things as this, everything will end up having to close and we’ll all be miserable stuck inside again so this is really very selfish.
I would love to say to all the people who think it’s all pathetic and rubbish and the restrictions do fuck all

Why don’t you work a week in my shoes as a iccu nurse , give your phone to your patient whose about to go onto a ventilator and say your last goodbyes to their family because they know there’s a good chance they won’t come off it and with visiting banned , good chance they will never see them again

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 36

Gembo

VIP Member
I’m a single mum with 4 kids and I will still see my parents twice a week, being penalised because I have a large family it’s ludicrous and pushed me to the edges of despair last time for what? I’ve not seen a single person test positive let alone die. My boyfriend still stayed 3 nights a week as usual throughout the last lockdown, to no ill effect. I’m afraid most of the country has gotten wise to the fact this doesn’t impose a risk to them, me included. We are supposed to lock ourselves down for the sake of less than 1%. It’s madness anyone is still even complying. There’s more scaremongering here than the daily fail - I feel sorry for anyone still feeling anxious over something that poses less risk than getting struck and killed by lightening. I won’t follow any rules and I can guarantee by next summer me and my family will still be here alive and unaffected and I won’t have a fine to pay.
Ah well as long as you’re ok that’s great.

Lockdown has been hard on everyone. Everyone. Some more than others. I would never judge someone for seeing their family when their mental health is on the edge. But I’m sorry your attitude is selfish. Unless you don’t believe that covid exists I can’t understand why you would be so defiant to what is being asked of you. If you want to see your parents that’s understandable but to say you won’t follow any of the rules I think is just such a bad attitude. Does this apply to all of them? Masks? Increased hand washing? Social distancing?

People with your attitude fail to realise that Boris won’t just turn around and go oh alright then sod it. We are all in this together whether we like it or not. The government may not have done the best job but the fact is the virus is here and saying I won’t follow any of the rules makes you sound like a child. It is that careless attitude that will drive up the number of cases leading to more hospitalisations and more deaths. The NHS then faces being overwhelmed and other non covid cases put to the back of the queue again. This in turn will lead to the government feeling they have no choice but to impose a harder lockdown. Then people will lose their businesses and their jobs. I don’t believe that will be Boris’s fault this time as he is asking us to find the balance to try and save them. I know it’s not how any of us want to live, I don’t and my mental health has suffered as a result too. I worry about job loss. But the only way I can see forward is to follow the rules because the increase in cases and deaths will only make the government clamp down harder and that will be worse for all of us. This is hopefully a short period of our lives, maybe we will be through this by next year, I sincerely hope so. I’m not saying any of this is nice but unlike March we can still shop, dine out, see friends and family. Yes there are restrictions on it but there’s also a pandemic that’s just life. Really getting concerned that the poor attitude you share with others will be the downfall of so many.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 34

JLXRD

VIP Member
I work at a pub and 10pm curfew won't do any thing at all, we will just have a lock in or go to someone's house. We need to live life and stop listening to this pathetic government the sooner more of the public realise the better. No one actually cares anymore and no one listens to the rules.
I’m not a stickler for the rules at all but if everyone ignores and does such blatant things as this, everything will end up having to close and we’ll all be miserable stuck inside again so this is really very selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 33

JLXRD

VIP Member
I need to constantly remind myself that just because a poster on here says we are back in March or that we are going into full lockdown, it doesn’t mean it will actually happen.

Just keep repeating that to myself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31

Ohflogoff

VIP Member
They lost the majority of support when Cummings fucked about on a 409 mile drive while displaying symptoms. If they had cracked down on that, then maybe I might respect them a bit more. 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31

Thank(space)you

VIP Member
My anxiety is getting bad again with all the recent speculation.
I asked my GP for help as it's getting to the point it's causing me physical pain, but instead I was belittled and patronised.

My old neighbour (I've moved recently) who had his lung cancer treatment paused due to lockdown, he died yesterday as his cancer spread like wildfire 😞

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30

Titntat

VIP Member
I've not been very active on this thread for a while. But a massive fuck you to anyone who thinks schools should close. *awaiting warning but I needed to get that of my chest* 😘

• Haha
  • Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I never thought I'd have to use that ignore button as I enjoy hearing a wide variety of opinions, but I think I might make an exception...

• Haha
  • Heart

To Mrs_OG

Im officially one of those people who know someone with Covid.
My nephew (14) got his test results on Friday, positive. He’s on day 7 of symptoms now and is feeling pretty breathless, he can’t sleep as his body keeps abruptly awakening him probably because of his breathing. Feeling angry tbh we are all told kids will be fine and I’m sure he will be but it’s still not bloody pleasant at all when breathing is a struggle. Zero distancing in his school.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

JLXRD

VIP Member
Whitty and Valance to update the public tomorrow morning, per Sky.
Unpopular opinion but that sounds like it will be bloody boring.

If I am getting locked down I at least want Boris in front of a Union Jack giving me another V for Vendetta-esque speech. Then an address from the queen a few days later. I’ll accept nothing less.

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
The big 5 ooh!

7 months on, and we’re pretty much back to square one 😐
Here’s to the next 50 threads 😬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 27

bubbadabut

VIP Member
'Stitch in time saves nine' a brand new entry at number one on this week's Covid Catchphrase Chart, knocking 'tipping point' down to number 2 after just one week in the top spot. 👏

• Haha
Reactions: 26

hnoz

VIP Member
View attachment 249943Schools should close tomorrow especially at level 4!
There are 32,770 schools in the UK so even if your statistic was true, which lets face it you post some pretty dubious things, that means around 4% of schools across the UK have had a pupil with coronavirus - potentially over the past 3 weeks and not even active cases right now.
Hardly a reason to shut schools after children have just been denied a full education for 6 months.

• Haha
  • Heart

Bitofthebubbly

VIP Member
My daughters test came back negative! Such a relief we don’t have to isolate now, and presumably my other perfectly well child is able to go in to school tomorrow?

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
I posted a few days ago about how my usually very healthy, happy and active 89 year old Nan became so depressed and withdrawn in the last lockdown and suddenly seemed very “old”. She’s been so much happier going back to her social clubs and bingo 🤣 spoke to my mum yesterday and she said no matter what happens whether we go into another full lockdown she isn’t prepared to see my Nan like that again and will continue to visit her a couple of times a week for a cup of tea and a chat. She’s happy to go back into lockdown and see nobody else but isn’t prepared to put my Nan through it again.

Iwouldn’t blame anyone for slightly adjusting whatever the new restrictions may be to help their own or their families mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 24