Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not nervous, I'm kind of resigned to the fact that there will be restrictions and I'm tryibg to make the best of it all. I was really anxious in March, to the point my OCD got triggered and I couldnt go outside so I'm not going to let myself get that ill again. What will be will be, I will get through it.

and now for the first slide 🤣🤣
Ive missed "next slide please"

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Slightly off topic, but had anyone seen/heard reports that Johnson and Simmons were in Italy on 11 September? BBC News questioned Schapps about it this morning.
I’ve seen it mentioned on twitter, think I read he was in Umbria and had the christening done too

Direct from the scientific advisors that the increase in infections is NOT due to more testing. I'm sure the usuals will still deny this until they are blue in the face.

Reactions: 19
I never understand this argument as the news is full of people complaining they aren't getting tested.

Fab news xx
Agree. And I think I have a fairly balanced view of this, I am not hysterical or doom and gloom. The fact is we are not where we were in March/April but to stick your fingers in your ear and ignore a blatant rise in infections will not get us anywhere.

Reactions: 11
Son is negative. Could actually cry I'm so relieved 🎉🎉🎉
So pleased for you!❤

It’s a funny one as I was so relieved when my son was negative too but then stressed again the next day sending him back to school and hoping not to go through the testing debacle again any time soon.

life on the covid-coaster eh?! 🤯

Reactions: 6
So pleased for you!❤

It’s a funny one as I was so relieved when my son was negative too but then stressed again the next day sending him back to school and hoping not to go through the testing debacle again any time soon.

life on the covid-coaster eh?! 🤯
I sang that last line in my head to the style of Ronan Keating

• Haha
Reactions: 12
That felt balanced which was good - only caught the end but I’m glad Whitty acknowledged that the economy does also have an effect on health long term as lots of people want to deny that.

Reactions: 17
Direct from the scientific advisors that the increase in infections is NOT due to more testing. I'm sure the usuals will still deny this until they are blue in the face.
I know now there is a shortage of tests but also back in April I knew quite a few people that had classic symptoms and were told they can’t have a test but to just isolate and assume they have it, and to ring 111 if they got worse. We were only really testing in hospitals and people who were getting seriously ill so surely the fact that now anyone in theory can get a test must account for something in this rise. Plus people didn’t really know much about it and I assume if they had a mild cough or fever would have just carried on their normal day, it’s only now these things are being picked up... plus with all the test and trace going on.

Looking for some advice.

I posted last night how I feel down etc. Received some lovely replies.

We are trying to act as normal as possible. I have a nine month old and I’m being a big ignorant with the news now (use this website as my news!) because it really does depress me. I have a friend who is OBSESSED with covid. They won’t go anywhere or do activities with their one year old and it’s all she talks to me about. How on earth do I tell her politely that she is adding to my anxiety and making me feel like tit?!

Just watched the end of the briefing. We are in local lockdown anyway so hoping tomorrow’s announcement is just the same accross the rest of the country.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Looking for some advice.

We are trying to act as normal as possible. I have a nine month old and I’m being a big ignorant with the news now (use this website as my news!) because it really does depress me. I have a friend who is OBSESSED with covid. They won’t go anywhere or do activities with their one year old and it’s all she talks to me about. How on earth do I tell her politely that she is adding to my anxiety and making me feel like tit?!

Just watched the end of the briefing. We are in local lockdown anyway so hoping tomorrow’s announcement is just the same accross the rest of the country.
You have to be blunt. I had to distance myself from a friend who was always in about coronavirus as it kept triggering me.

Reactions: 11
Looking for some advice.

I have had to drop these friends. Sounds awful but I cant cope with them, and I don’t think they can cope with me either 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.