Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Praying schools stay open for all you parents on here. Kids need that structure, forget the education, they need their friends and to be able to play and have a routine😩

• Heart
Reactions: 20

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Back in the beginning I was all for schools closings and was going to pull my two out the day before closures were officially announced.
I now feel the complete opposite and that schools must stay open above everything else. They need that social interaction. My son is like a different child since going back and my daughter is loving seeing her friends. It would break them if they closed

hnoz

VIP Member
I don't even know why people are panicking about buying things for christmas, it seems just as pointless as panicking about food. Online shopping exists with next day delivery, you are always going to be able to buy what you need. No need to panic, rush out and fill a load of stockings in September unless thats how you usually do it!

Also I'm starting to think we should put a ban on people listing the grocery/household items they are "stocking up on", all it does it add to the panic and shortages. Don't brag about it online, you're literally causing the problem. 🙈

Meangirl815

VIP Member
I'm home. I'm drunk. Do ya know something.... I needed this. I'm glued all day every day to the news. My entire focus morning noon and night is covid. I currently give no shits. Selfish absolutely but 100% what i needed.

It's kinda feels like it's becoming a problem again. I had expected the 'middle part' to be more.... Normal. I expected a hard winter but thought the bit inbetween would feel a bit more 'normalised' than it turned out to be

Just catching up now on Whitty And Vallances speech from earlier. Whilst munching pickled onions and regretting every life choice I've ever made 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart

birdiefly246

VIP Member
he followed it up with this, it wasn’t about his daughter, it was a turn of phrase done poorly basically saying we are killing kids by sending them back to school🙄

View attachment 248771
this has made me beyond angry and I’m not really one to get wound up. Some people have no choice but to send their kids to school. People have jobs and houses and bills. To scare people by saying something like this is disgusting and irresponsible. I hope twitter take action!!

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
Let's say you woke up with a terrible cough, a fever, and severe body aches. Immediately, you rush to the doctor and unfortunately, you’re diagnosed with COVID-19. For the last two weeks, you’ve been unaware that you were infected and you’ve ignored "the rules." You've gotten together with some close friends for pizza, had a few people over, even visited a park and a beach. You figured, “I don’t feel sick. I have the right to keep living my normal life. No one can tell me what to do."

With your diagnosis, you spend the next few days at home on the couch, feeling pretty crappy; but then you’re well again because you’re young, healthy and strong. Lucky you. But your best friend caught it from you during a visit to your house, and because she didn't know she was contagious, she visited her 82-year-old grandfather, who uses oxygen tanks daily to help him breathe because he has COPD and heart failure. Now, he’s dead.

Your co-worker, who has asthma, caught it too, during your little pizza get-together. Now, he’s in the ICU, and he's spread it to a few others in his family, too--but they won't know that for another couple of weeks yet.

The cashier at the restaurant where you picked up the pizza carried the infection home to his wife, who has MS, which makes her immunosuppressed. She’s not as lucky as you, so she’s admitted to the hospital because she’s having trouble breathing. She may need to be placed in a medically-induced coma and intubated; she may not get to say goodbye to her loved ones. She may die surrounded by machines, with no family at her bedside.

All because you couldn't stand the inconvenience of a mask; of staying home; of changing your familiar routines for just a little while. Because you have the right, above all others rights, to continue living your normal life and no one, I mean no one, has the right to tell you what to do.

#SocialDistancing = It’s not about YOU!
#WearAMask = It's not about YOU!
#StayHome = It's not about YOU!
#GetTested = It's not about YOU!

Written by Anonymous.
jesus wept.

so the moral of the story is,
stay indoors for the rest of 2020 and most of 2021 and don’t fucking breathe you selfish murdering bastard 😬 you killed Kenny granny

Facebook really needs to die a death if that’s where this is from 😂

• Haha

or JusRollWithIt

VIP Member
Didn’t know how to respond to the poll. This thread really helped me in the early days, actually up until recently, but it feels divisive and stresses me out. I don’t feel I can share as much, but that’s ok, I will keep reading for now because it is still some help.

• Heart

nbt

VIP Member
Sat here waiting for Boris with my Doritos and dip. Fuck it, I’m having an evening of wallowing and feeling sorry for us all, then tomorrow I’ll get my shit together again and continue with life as best as possible at the moment...

• Heart

Monkeybum

VIP Member
I've become a covid complainer!! Went to a local pub on Saturday who previously had done really well with measures. No-one was advising by the one way system and pushing past each other to get through the door and there were large groups sat together (15 in one group at one stage). So I took a photo and sent it to their management saying I didn't feel safe and wouldn't be returning until things change.

Didn't really expect much of a reply but they sent a heartfelt apology, said the group I had pointed out are continually refusing to break into smaller groups so they are all being barred. Then they updated their fb last night to thank everyone for their custom, reminding them of the rules and advising anyone not following them will be asked to leave from now on.

I'm not a complainer but we've been hit very hard by Covid, my Dad spent 17 weeks in hospital, 5 on a ventilator, and is now in a care home receiving intensive physio to come home.

😊

• Heart

Lucyloulucy

Chatty Member
And tbf nobody really goes out until 10pm anyway up here as it doesn’t liven up here

And I wouldn’t be going out getting blotto if I knew I had to be back home by 10pm
I’m 33 and I love nothing more than getting blotto and being in (my own) bed by 10pm 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19

hnoz

VIP Member
Direct from the scientific advisors that the increase in infections is NOT due to more testing. I'm sure the usuals will still deny this until they are blue in the face.

Urghh I don't want to appear on a downer here, I was following these threads from the start and then recently I started feeling angsty over it all again so picked up reading the threads again. Thank you all for some great balenced reading.

Basically my daughter had a bad cough for a day or two last week.. I kept her off school informed them and went through the shit show involved in getting her a test ( no home kits available nearest test center in Wales (( I live in Manchester)). Inform other mums about what's going on in a group chat and some so called friends say I could be responsible for the bubble going down and insinuate I should have lied and just said my daughter was being sick as it will mess thier lives up if she is posative . My eldest daughter watches my youngest ( she's 20 and uni hasn't started) and my employer and work mates make me feel like a diseased rat and moan that I will pass it on to them or not pull my weight as I will have to have time off ( I informed them of the situation. And they said I could go in and just my daughter had to isolate) .

My daughter tested negative and lasted a whole 3 days in school. Tonight I received a message at 9.30pm saying that someone in her year has tested and the whole year has to isolate for 14 days. Mum's are calling out children they think are responsible for it angry in group chats. It could be anyone's child its insane and like that matters it is what it is . I've been in the same job for 20 years and I just feel like I can't win. I'm damed if I do and damed if I don't. My other daughter is 18 in a week and I hit 40 we had so many plans which quite rightly should be scrapped. We will be lucky if I can cover the morgage now. I just dont see how this limbo the goverment are putting people into is fair. How are family's able to manage with younger children?

I do understand I am being moany and that people are dying, it's just the rules totally fuck you up out of the blue and you just feel like you can't win and let everyone down. I also have elderly separated parents that don't seem to understand the rules and want me to go round and take them out or entertain them as they feel down and isloated. I think as this virus ensues I am disliking fellow humans more and more

Last edited:
  • Sad

JLXRD

VIP Member
I would love to say to all the people who think it’s all pathetic and rubbish and the restrictions do fuck all

Why don’t you work a week in my shoes as a iccu nurse , give your phone to your patient whose about to go onto a ventilator and say your last goodbyes to their family because they know there’s a good chance they won’t come off it and with visiting banned , good chance they will never see them again
Exactly, there’s also this side of it which is completely horrific 😞

and the various other horrid situations caused by if numbers do rise, women finding out about miscarriages alone, late diagnosis for stuff.

When someone needs to break a rule to see a family member for the sake of their mental health, (or because a rule is stupid: see bench sitting on a walk in March example 😂) I have sympathy and understanding but don’t really understand the whole deliberately breaking them just as a middle finger to them being imposed.

Northeast1988

VIP Member
The term Covidiot was invented for you ! you've obviously got :poop: for brains 🥴
Think I missed the lecture at university where they say colds make the lungs fill up with inflammatory material and they are unable to get enough oxygen to the bloodstream, reducing the body’s ability to take on oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide thus causing death and autopsies show their alveoli stuffed with fluid, white blood cells, mucus, and the dead cells of destroyed lung cells

monga

VIP Member
Think I missed the lecture at university where they say colds make the lungs fill up with inflammatory material and they are unable to get enough oxygen to the bloodstream, reducing the body’s ability to take on oxygen and get rid of carbon dioxide thus causing death and autopsies show their alveoli stuffed with fluid, white blood cells, mucus, and the dead cells of destroyed lung cells
I know one on here is lacking in oxygen to the brain :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

btw

Anyone here a uni student/have uni aged kids?

My sister is due to return next week and has today found out that all of her lessons for the first term are online and could well be so for the full year.

She’s committed to her uni accommodation for the year and so now potentially faces the full confined to her small room to study. She has no idea who her new flatmates are. If they don’t get on there will be no escape.

It’s made me realise that I’ve barely heard a thing about uni students returning and when I have it’s been negative. If schools and work places have accommodate people by making them COVID secure, why has the same not been done for lectures etc?
2nd year uni student here✌🏼 Received my timetable today and I’m in uni with face to face contact once a week for 2 hours. I have 6 hours online so a total of 8 hours and only 2 hours being face to face. Uni students have been massively forgotten about and the only way they are remembered is the negative areas such as freshers being a reason for outbreaks.

Personally I think it’s awful that students will be still be charged full tuition fees when the level of teacher is drastically less!