Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't think it is really fair to assume that every time Scotland do something which is different to England that the only reason is political and to one up Boris.
NI also brought in the same restrictions yesterday and that certainly wasn't done for political gain.

Not entirely sure what the point of this is. Are you suggesting that before anyone shows any covid symptoms they should stay in their home 24 hours a day? None of those things are against the rules. As long as this made up person got a test and isolated as soon as they started displaying symptoms then I'm not sure what else you expect.

This sounds like classic facebook drivel to me.
I thought it was suggesting we need to be strictly social distancing... To avoid passing the virus on...

Wow. Quite shocked at the negatively this post that I wrote has received. Where's the supportive thread that used to exist?

Reactions: 3
I haven't commented for a while (April last) but I think we all need some of these lol 🤭...
If I take one capsule..it should last the next six months 😄

Resizer_16007939321700.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I thought it was suggesting we need to be strictly social distancing... To avoid passing the virus on...

Wow. Quite shocked at the negatively this post that I wrote has received. Where's the supportive thread that sued to exist?
You posted something that basically implied all of us who have seen family/friends were liable to kill a bunch of people cos of our selfish actions 😂 So yeah not the most supportive thing to post either!

Reactions: 10

Wow. Quite shocked at the negatively this post that I wrote has received. Where's the supportive thread that used to exist?
It’s just a difference of opinion, I don’t think it’s unsupportive to disagree.

I just didn’t like the post as I think it’s overly judgemental and not really applicable when they are all things we are allowed to (and in fact encouraged to) do. I’m not being unsupportive I just find the post to be a bit of a guilt trip.

Reactions: 7
All of these things are allowed? They are not ignoring “the rules”?

Should people feel guilty for doing every day things, or only things which are enjoyable?
I saw it as a reminder to be careful and to adhere to strict social distancing. The amount of people I've seen hugging and taking instaselfies when out for dinner with other households...

My intention wasn't to suggest we shouldnt do the activities that are currently 'allowed'.. but to think about HOW we do them.

What a nasty thread this has become.

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Maybe post your own thoughts and opinions rather than some copy and paste bull you found on social media trying to make everyone feel guilty about seeing their friends and family. It's not a real situation, stop scaremongering people 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I saw it as a reminder to be careful and to adhere to strict social distancing. The amount of people I've seen hugging and taking instaselfies when out for dinner with other households...

My intention wasn't to suggest we shouldnt do the activities that are currently 'allowed'.. but to think about HOW we do them.

What a nasty thread this has become.
I’m sorry if you think I’m being nasty, that’s not my intention. I’m just questioning the point of the post because it just seems like it’s there to make people feel guilt for living their lives within the restrictions and there is enough pressure as it is.

I don’t think people not agreeing with your opinion means the whole thread is unsupportive. Personally I found your comment quite negative and bordering on scaremongering by implying that someone following the rules and also getting tested and isolating after displaying symptoms is still somehow wrong.

Reactions: 8
Today's announcement is just more tinkering around the edges.

We know lockdowns don't defeat the virus.
We know wearing masks doesn't defeat the virus.
We know social distancing doesn't defeat the virus.

So the only sensible solution is to live with the virus; give vulnerable people the option of self-isolating (on full pay), remove all restrictions and let the rest of us go about our daily lives. If we catch the virus, fine: whatever "Dim" Whitty says, we know that the virus is much milder than it was 6 months ago and is so insignificant that most people with the virus don't even know they''ve got it.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m sorry if you think I’m being nasty, that’s not my intention. I’m just questioning the point of the post because it just seems like it’s there to make people feel guilt for living their lives within the restrictions and there is enough pressure as it is.
Thank you. I suppose I just read it and thought that I personally know many people who are breaking social distancing - e.g. close to others whilst out for meals with other households & thought it showed quote well how the virus can spread and affect others. That is all.

Thank you. I suppose I just read it and thought that I personally know many people who are breaking social distancing - e.g. close to others whilst out for meals with other households & thought it showed quote well how the virus can spread and affect others. That is all.
Yeah maybe just the examples aren’t good anymore, as I’m assuming it’s originally from
a while ago and all these things are allowed now.

maybe if the person hadn’t bothered to get tested or had been to a big house party or something I’d take it differently - just the post as it was, the examples all seem like reasonable things to do at the moment.

Reactions: 3
I don’t think people not agreeing with your opinion means the whole thread is unsupportive. Personally I found your comment quite negative and bordering on scaremongering by implying that someone following the rules and also getting tested and isolating after displaying symptoms is still somehow wrong.
Maybe I should have edited the originally post to say 'WHEN THE PEOPLE IN THR STORY MET, THEY DID NOT SOCIAL DISTANCE AND THEREFORE THAT IS THE MORAL OF THE STORY'.

Also, I don't really think that it is scaremongering. Plenty of people are living their lives like this currently, without a care for others (or themselves I suppose). Which is how and why the virus is spreading.

Only today a concerned colleague told me that her friend is covid positive and they were together at the week and 'not distancing' (her words not mine. Is it any wonder that the virus is spreading. I merely posted this as a reminder...

Reactions: 4
I think I understood the point of it and that you weren’t trying to be judgemental, I’m glad we are allowed to do more things than in the March lockdown but we just all need to be a remain mindful, I know myself I feel ‘safe’ around people I know well and have gotten a bit complacent once or twice. I think that was the point your post was making.

Today's announcement is just more tinkering around the edges.

We know lockdowns don't defeat the virus.
We know wearing masks doesn't defeat the virus.
We know social distancing doesn't defeat the virus.

So the only sensible solution is to live with the virus; give vulnerable people the option of self-isolating (on full pay), remove all restrictions and let the rest of us go about our daily lives. If we catch the virus, fine: whatever "Dim" Whitty says, we know that the virus is much milder than it was 6 months ago and is so insignificant that most people with the virus don't even know they''ve got it.
Chris Whitty and Patrick Valance said the virus is not milder than it was.

Reactions: 15
The old someone who knows someone chestnut again... aren’t we all tired of this now

Well if we all thought that way we would be in a right mess wouldn’t we.

A friend of mine knows someone who lost their 16 year old son to covid, no health conditions. I’d rather my teenage children were safe, as well as my husband. 40 is a tad too young to go.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think announcement days always bring out the polarised viewpoints. The majority of people are probably going to adhere to the rules and carry on doing what they’re doing.

Reactions: 9
My daughters test came back negative! Such a relief we don’t have to isolate now, and presumably my other perfectly well child is able to go in to school tomorrow?

• Heart
Reactions: 26
My daughters test came back negative! Such a relief we don’t have to isolate now, and presumably my other perfectly well child is able to go in to school tomorrow?
That’s great news! How long did it take to come back? Husbands and daughters were delivered to the lab this morning according to Royal Mail.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.