Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just hugged my sister goodbye then it hit me that if restrictions are bought in this week it might be the last time I hug her for a while. Which makes me sound really dramatic I know 😂
We've got a big event coming up tomorrow for the kids but now these restrictions are in play they won't get to see family after it ,only 4 family members were able to attend the event in the first place ,so people were taking them to grandparents etc after it 😣

😬😬 has it been confirmed that Boris is to give an update tomorrow?? and at what time does anyone know?
What's level 4 mean ?

I've just hugged my sister goodbye then it hit me that if restrictions are bought in this week it might be the last time I hug her for a while. Which makes me sound really dramatic I know 😂
Technically, under current restrictions if you’re not the same household you can’t hug anyway 😬😝 (obvs kidding, hug who you want lol)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don’t think they’re going to be arresting people seeing family - honestly do what you have to do. Everyone knows the risks now. I’m still seeing my parents this weekend lockdown or not 🤷‍♀️ Soz world.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
We've got a big event coming up tomorrow for the kids but now these restrictions are in play they won't get to see family after it ,only 4 family members were able to attend the event in the first place ,so people were taking them to grandparents etc after it 😣

What's level 4 mean ?
Means it's all gone to tit again

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
At least grandparents can provide childcare.

I feel so split with this. It helps massively with my childcare situ, but I’m worried that my kids will give my folks the virus. 😣

this tit stinks

• Sad
Reactions: 4
😬😬 has it been confirmed that Boris is to give an update tomorrow?? and at what time does anyone know?
I think he’s addressing the HofC at 12.30 and so I’m assuming it’ll be broadcast then.

My sister and I are taking my mum for afternoon tea at the weekend. None of us live together, but we would drive there in one car. Would this still be allowed under local lockdown?

We are in London, so no idea if we will be subject to any rules by then.

View attachment 249943Schools should close tomorrow especially at level 4!
There are 32,770 schools in the UK so even if your statistic was true, which lets face it you post some pretty dubious things, that means around 4% of schools across the UK have had a pupil with coronavirus - potentially over the past 3 weeks and not even active cases right now.
Hardly a reason to shut schools after children have just been denied a full education for 6 months.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
View attachment 249943Schools should close tomorrow especially at level 4!
A quick google tells me that there are 32,770 schools in the UK, so only 4% have infections. Whilst I think that these figures need to be kept an eye on, closing all schools so soon into the school year and after so long off would be awful. Whilst infection symptoms amongst children remain small, surely limiting household interactions with others should be enough for now.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I feel so sorry for all of you on here who have genuine reasons for fearing a new lockdown :( but for purely selfish reasons on my part, how close do we think we are to non-essential shops closing again? It's just that I have a pile of clothes here at home that I need to get returns on because I couldn't try them on in store :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
There are 32,770 schools in the UK so even if your statistic was true, which lets face it you post some pretty dubious things, that means around 4% of schools across the UK have had a pupil with coronavirus - potentially over the past 3 weeks and not even active cases right now.
Hardly a reason to shut schools after children have just been denied a full education for 6 months.
Ah posted at the same time and yet you said it so much better than I did!

Reactions: 5
I feel so sorry for all of you on here who have genuine reasons for fearing a new lockdown :( but for purely selfish reasons on my part, how close do we think we are to non-essential shops closing again? It's just that I have a pile of clothes here at home that I need to get returns on because I couldn't try them on in store :ROFLMAO:
I don't think non essential retail will close. With social distancing and masks shops are pretty safe places.

Reactions: 5
I don't care what they close tomorrow but please keep schools open. My kids need it and so does my sanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I can't see them closing them if they are "covid secure". But last lockdown any returns were given a longer return period to allow for the fact you couldn't return them. I've used the word return far too much in this reply.

• Haha
Praying schools stay open for all you parents on here. Kids need that structure, forget the education, they need their friends and to be able to play and have a routine😩

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.