Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs! Family member kicking off about having to wear a mask at work now. Said she can't breath in recycled air and it'll make her really poorly.

Reactions: 4
Ffs! Family member kicking off about having to wear a mask at work now. Said she can't breath in recycled air and it'll make her really poorly.
I've been wearing a mask since April and have been fine, funny that. Can't stand people making up excuses as to why they can't wear one.

Reactions: 17
It's not fun at first but iv been wearing one for months at work and you really forget it's thier once your used to it. I think a lot of staff will feel the same, it really should have been brought in the same time ass everyone else had to wear them.

Reactions: 10
omg i HATE this argument, as opposed to covid making you well?! there is a thread on the mumschat forum here and people are questioning why shop owners should force customers to wear masks. I mean wtaf

Reactions: 5
It's not fun at first but iv been wearing one for months at work and you really forget it's thier once your used to it. I think a lot of staff will feel the same, it really should have been brought in the same time ass everyone else had to wear them.
Agree that it's a bit late to be introducing them but she's going mental over it restricting her air intake 😂

Agree that it's a bit late to be introducing them but she's going mental over it restricting her air intake 😂
Could she be having a panic attack and doesn't know that's what it is?? Maybe wearing it at home and increasing the amount of time will help her get used to it.

Reactions: 1
e
I've been wearing a mask since April and have been fine, funny that. Can't stand people making up excuses as to why they can't wear one.
exactly, I feel bad for NHS workers who wear them for 12 hour shifts while saving lives, someone wearing one to go to the supermarket or in an office is hardly difficult in comparison

Could she be having a panic attack and doesn't know that's what it is?? Maybe wearing it at home and increasing the amount of time will help her get used to it.
No she's just a twit 😂😂
Can't you tell it's not one of my favourite family members?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
To be honest wearing a mask for a whole shift must be crap, I work in a patient facing role but as it’s outpatients it’s only for maybe up to 1 hour at a time then I can take the bloody thing off! Even just wearing them to the shops this week my skin is terrible, haven’t been this spotty since I was about 15!!! Had to buy some clearasil 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’ve been wearing them from March and they aren’t that bad tbf
Other nursing colleagues who have asthma and copd have managed with FFP3 masks too

I feel like this thread may be the fastest moving one yet 😂😂

All schools in my town now bar the one my kids go to have had confirmed cases. I wonder how long it will take to affect my kids school....

I had my kids close together (3 kids within 2yr8mth) literally i have spent 7 yrs talking about how easy my life will be once i got all 3 in full time education. Was NOT expecting a sodding pandemic to be the thing that ruined those plans 🙄🙄
Local lockdown hit days before my youngest started full time so i can't go anywhere or see anyone

Reactions: 8
To be honest wearing a mask for a whole shift must be crap, I work in a patient facing role but as it’s outpatients it’s only for maybe up to 1 hour at a time then I can take the bloody thing off! Even just wearing them to the shops this week my skin is terrible, haven’t been this spotty since I was about 15!!! Had to buy some clearasil 😂
I forget I’ve got mine on after the first hour but tbf I’ve had since March to get used to it

Reactions: 2
there was an article in the paper that these new rules could last 6 months :( its so sad as my family and some long time friends usually have xmas day together in a huge group os around 20, having just my immediate family (i have no grandparents etc) will be so depressing
Oh yea, I know he said for 6 months but this won't be the last update/change in restrictions between now and March.
Christmas is 3 months away, a lot can change in that time, as we've all learnt this year.
Try not to think that far ahead or plan with these current restrictions, as they could be totally different by then and may have changed for the better, we don't know 🤞🏻

I'm asthmatic but have been wearing one, when it's hot I do struggle as I can't 'catch my breath' after wearing it for a while.
But as time goes on, my tolerance has become better, I can wear it for longer and actually don't notice I have it on.
A few weeks ago on the school run, I was smiling at a baby in a pram, he had a puzzled look on his face and then I remembered I had my mask on 🤣 poor kid must've wondered why the crazy lady was staring at him!

• Haha
Nicola Sturgeon acknowledged the 6 month reports, but (if I’m right) said that by acting quickly the way they are, it is precisely what they’re trying to avoid. Compliance will be the biggest issue I think.

On the bright side if I'm going back to working from home and regular covid briefings does this mean I can restart my 4:30pm cocktails?

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I'm the opposite, I love them for cover-up purposes! I only need to put make up on my eyes rather than full face, and they cover up any spots/hide any food detritus in my teeth when I'm talking to someone 😬 :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Nicola Sturgeon acknowledged the 6 month reports, but (if I’m right) said that by acting quickly the way they are, it is precisely what they’re trying to avoid. Compliance will be the biggest issue I think.
Boris said today 'a stitch in time saves nine', his latest little quote. I'm waiting for the graphics on the podium banners to be changed 🤣
It makes total sense though, just hope it works!

• Haha
I'm the opposite, I love them for cover-up purposes! I only need to put make up on my eyes rather than full face, and they cover up any spots/hide any food detritus in my teeth when I'm talking to someone 😬 :ROFLMAO:
Yeah now I’m loving it as it covers the spots it already gave me 🤦‍♀️ What a vicious cycle lol

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I think it's only in Wales that they are starting to enforce travel restrictions to different areas so you should be fine 🤞my bf is going back to his home country for a weeek in Oct (3rd time trying to anyway) and I am worried he will end up stuck there if lockdown gets worse :(
welsh person here and I will see that it is a bleeping tit show here. The areas aren’t on lockdown really cause you can still go to work even if it’s out of the lockdown area. My friend works in a school in the area but doesn’t live there so she has a form to say she’s allowed into the area and then leaves after school, realistically taking corona with her back to her not lockdown town. Ridiculous!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.