Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Questions

• Half term lockdown - I approve!

Votes: 181 38.8%
  • Half term lock down - hell to the no!

Votes: 154 33.0%
  • I’m worried about how i will cope over the next few months (physically/mentally)

Votes: 247 52.9%
  • I’m feeling ok right now. (Physically/mentally)

Votes: 139 29.8%
  • This thread has been a massive help to me

Votes: 99 21.2%
  • I read this thread but it makes me feel anxious.

Votes: 114 24.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The big 5 ooh!

7 months on, and we’re pretty much back to square one 😐
Here’s to the next 50 threads 😬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Blimey.

Never thought it would have got this far! Almost Christmas and nothing seems to have got better re Covid.

Wonder if this is life forever now?!

I'm even wondering whether my holidays next year will even happen?!

Reactions: 9
@emmamatthews thank you for your reply on the last thread re my concerns of kids breathing on me! That has helped. I'm surprised the person ahs to be symptomatic to breath and pass it on, but if true I feel FAR better...

In other news, 3 of my husband's colleagues have tested positive for covid. Work haven't told him and we don't believe they will due to confidentially, word of mouth has. Is he expected to go in to work tmoro or isolate? He's been within 2m of 2 of them, despite trying not too. The staff break out room is too small and they all have to hotdesk. Tia for advice.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Just been for a Sunday lunch at my mother in laws (6 of us) and seemed so wrong to leave and say goodbye cos we're not allowed to do this from tuesday in our area :( just felt like crap lol

• Sad
Reactions: 10
@emmamatthews thank you for your reply on the last thread re my concerns of kids breathing on me! That has helped. I'm surprised the person ahs to be symptomatic to breath and pass it on, but if true I feel FAR better...

In other news, 3 of my husband's colleagues have tested positive for covid. Work haven't told him and we don't believe they will due to confidentially, word of mouth has. Is he expected to go in to work tmoro or isolate? He's been within 2m of 2 of them, despite trying not too. The staff break out room is too small and they all have to hotdesk. Tia for advice.
It's my understanding that his place of work need to contact track and trace and give over the information to them. They will then contact anyone who they feel needs to isolate if he doesn't hear from them, he doesn't need to isolate, unless he starts to show symptoms

Reactions: 6
well, the idea of track and trace was so you could isolate, if you had been in contact with anybody who has tested positive. If 3 of your husbands colleagues are definitely positive , then i would suggest isolate. Im not suggesting your husband will of caught it, but stay on the safe side if you can. Thats just my opinion anyway. Does anybody else know more about it on here? I hope you are not panicking x Isnt it works responsibility to have told you ? that doesnt sound very good.

Reactions: 7

Alot of workplaces are not adhering to track and trace. When were they diagnosed and the company informed? I would give the company 24 hours to inform Track/Trace for them to contact your husband which they should as he was within 2m of them. If not, I would confront a manager and ask straight up. Dont need to mention any names but merely ask if this is true and what needs to be done next. Health is not something we should dither with and if the company does not inform him, they're completely in the wrong.

Reactions: 5
Didn’t know how to respond to the poll. This thread really helped me in the early days, actually up until recently, but it feels divisive and stresses me out. I don’t feel I can share as much, but that’s ok, I will keep reading for now because it is still some help.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
well, the idea of track and trace was so you could isolate, if you had been in contact with anybody who has tested positive. If 3 of your husbands colleagues are definitely positive , then i would suggest isolate. Im not suggesting your husband will of caught it, but stay on the safe side if you can. Thats just my opinion anyway. Does anybody else know more about it on here? I hope you are not panicking x Isnt it works responsibility to have told you ? that doesnt sound very good.
I don't know if work can discuss the health of another employee, though most work places can work it out. It all depends on what track and trace advise and the level of contact between the three positive employees.

Government advice is that the positive people will be contacted by track and trace, they then have to give details of anyone they've had close contact with over the last 48 hours. Track and trace will them contact them if they feel there is a risk. They then have to isolate for 14 days, along with their household.

If no contact from track and trace, then there's no need to isolate.

Reactions: 2
Didn’t know how to respond to the poll. This thread really helped me in the early days, actually up until recently, but it feels divisive and stresses me out. I don’t feel I can share as much, but that’s ok, I will keep reading for now because it is still some help.
I agree with you. I used to come here to get reassured but the scaremongering from a few is putting me off at the moment. Hope you're ok x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Alot of workplaces are not adhering to track and trace. When were they diagnosed and the company informed? I would give the company 24 hours to inform Track/Trace for them to contact your husband which they should as he was within 2m of them. If not, I would confront a manager and ask straight up. Dont need to mention any names but merely ask if this is true and what needs to be done next. Health is not something we should dither with and if the company does not inform him, they're completely in the wrong.
The employees who have tested positive will be contact by track and trace any way, even if work don't report it and they will want all close contact that they've had over the past 48 hours prior to testing positive

Reactions: 5
I don't know if work can discuss the health of another employee, though most work places can work it out. It all depends on what track and trace advise and the level of contact between the three positive employees.

Government advice is that the positive people will be contacted by track and trace, they then have to give details of anyone they've had close contact with over the last 48 hours. Track and trace will them contact them if they feel there is a risk. They then have to isolate for 14 days, along with their household.

If no contact from track and trace, then there's no need to isolate.
im glad you could help the poster who asked, i wasnt definitely sure to be honest, thanks x

Reactions: 1
share what
oh ok, well im glad you were able to help the poster who asked, i wasnt definitely sure to be honest . thanks x
I had to double check off the Gov site but to be honest, it's not wholly informative. There's no definition of what they mean by close contact so I'm assuming it's based on social distance and less than 2 metres contact!! x

Reactions: 6
I had to double check off the Gov site but to be honest, it's not wholly informative. There's no definition of what they mean by close contact so I'm assuming it's based on social distance and less than 2 metres contact!! x
yes i would think so, thats why people are getting upset, its very confusing, im glad you stepped in with the information anyhow x

I feel the same. I’ve not voted because it used to feel supportive, now it’s almost ‘cliquey.’ I still keep up to date but don’t find myself bothering to share stuff I’ve found/what I think as much X

• Sad
Reactions: 16
sorry i didnt mean to quote share what at you, i meant to say share what you like x

• Heart
I feel the same. I’ve not voted because it used to feel supportive, now it’s almost ‘cliquey.’ I still keep up to date but don’t find myself bothering to share stuff I’ve found/what I think as much X
Agree, It’s a lot more scary and not as supportive, still post but feel like I’m against the tide these days trying to feel positive and actually think reading might be doing me more harm than good at the min x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.