Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Looking for some advice.

I posted last night how I feel down etc. Received some lovely replies.

We are trying to act as normal as possible. I have a nine month old and I’m being a big ignorant with the news now (use this website as my news!) because it really does depress me. I have a friend who is OBSESSED with covid. They won’t go anywhere or do activities with their one year old and it’s all she talks to me about. How on earth do I tell her politely that she is adding to my anxiety and making me feel like tit?!

Just watched the end of the briefing. We are in local lockdown anyway so hoping tomorrow’s announcement is just the same accross the rest of the country.
Urgh that is the worst. Tell her straight but politely that you need a break from covid chats because its consuming you mentally and although you’re being responsible and keeping abreast of guidelines and rules, speculation is making you anxious x

Reactions: 8
Finding this really interesting.
Maybe we need to kickstart the support thread again for people who are struggling with digesting the information, but need somewhere to go for support, I know it died off because it’s easier to come here 🤷‍♀️ but I hate that so many are finding the chat here is making them more anxious

3FEF0A16-DA9C-467E-9D4A-D8DA702AA616.jpeg

Does anyone know what’s going on with Sweden? Their rates are dropping again? Is that because they have less shits breaking social distancing rules in Sweden than we have 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Maybe we need to kickstart the support thread again for people who are struggling with digesting the information, but need somewhere to go for support, I know it died off because it’s easier to come here 🤷‍♀️ but I hate that so many are finding the chat here is making them more anxious

View attachment 249393
Its funny, I used to go on the mumsnet Coronavirus threads, but found them so vicious (the whole forum is, actually) and this one so welcoming. Happy to be a shoulder to cry on for anyone that needs it, if a support thread is established.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So the government has said we must follow the new rules unless the nhs gets congested again and can’t deal with other important things such as cancer treatments and diagnoses, but for the people who don’t follow the rules or get fed up with them and use the example that we must let the viruses continue to spread by not enforcing lockdowns because cancer patients will die in lockdown but surely if hospitals are packed full (if we don’t do anything) then more people will die altogether than just a short lockdown? Can someone please explain the logic?

So the government has said we must follow the new rules unless the nhs gets congested again and can’t deal with other important things such as cancer treatments and diagnoses, but for the people who don’t follow the rules or get fed up with them and use the example that we must let the viruses continue to spread by not enforcing lockdowns because cancer patients will die in lockdown but surely if hospitals are packed full (if we don’t do anything) then more people will die altogether than just a short lockdown? Can someone please explain the logic?
I didn’t hear them say that

Reactions: 1
I missed the Whitty conference - Does anyone have the SparksNotes? :oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Son is negative. Could actually cry I'm so relieved 🎉🎉🎉
I've been thinking about you and your son your update makes me very happy.

I've missed the briefing... I chose to spend my 1st day of all my kids being in full time education (for now 😉) shopping. Which naturally ended up as a pub visit.
Shelves seem OK, queues again at the supermarket which haven't been seen for a while.
Definite feel in the air of been in the calm before the storm

Reactions: 2
People are referring to in the last lockdown they stopped all other NHS services which could cause extra deaths from lack of treatment. Not where they keep them open like they are now suggesting, in which case less cases would mean they are still accessible if services are not overwhelmed by covid.

Reactions: 3
I think they explained everything pretty well in the conference. It was easy to understand and well measured. Prehaps see if you can watch it again as I'm sure the point you're trying to make was covered.

Reactions: 12

View attachment 249393

Does anyone know what’s going on with Sweden? Their rates are dropping again? Is that because they have less shits breaking social distancing rules in Sweden than we have 😆
Swedes have learned to SD and live with it ...The support thread might be a good move as a lot on here seem to need it ..

Reactions: 4
I a
Looking for some advice.

I posted last night how I feel down etc. Received some lovely replies.

We are trying to act as normal as possible. I have a nine month old and I’m being a big ignorant with the news now (use this website as my news!) because it really does depress me. I have a friend who is OBSESSED with covid. They won’t go anywhere or do activities with their one year old and it’s all she talks to me about. How on earth do I tell her politely that she is adding to my anxiety and making me feel like tit?!

Just watched the end of the briefing. We are in local lockdown anyway so hoping tomorrow’s announcement is just the same accross the rest of the country.
I agree with what others have said. The best thing anyone with anxiety can do, is to remove themselves (where possible of course) from the source of the anxiety, be it another person, a place, or the media etc.

I have always suffered from health anxiety, and even though I drive him mad with it at times, I am lucky to live with a medical professional who makes me feel at ease about a lot of things in this current situation.

However a few years ago I had a severe recurrence of anxiety and intrusive thoughts due to terrorism. I had therapy and the first thing the therapist advised was to remove all my news apps, stop reading/looking for stuff on the internet (I was obsessed with doing this and I can now see that even though I was doing it to seek reassurance, it was only fuelling my anxiety). I did what he advised and the difference it made was enormous. So I would advise you to remove yourself from this person for the good of your health and well-being.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
*socially distanced choir
*whispering only as singing projects spittle
you just know it’s gonna be connected to the covid 🤦‍♀️
And there absolutely will be a Zoom reference of some kind, maybe a toilet roll and a bag of pasta for the LOLS!
And a granny crying, it needs a granny crying, a dog in a Santa hat going over to comfort her,

I can taste the bile rising already 😏

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I was surprised there's a lot of women in the 20-40 age bracket being hospitalised with it ,I always assumed it was older people in hospital 🤨

Reactions: 2
you just know it’s gonna be connected to the covid 🤦‍♀️
And there absolutely will be a Zoom reference of some kind, maybe a toilet roll and a bag of pasta for the LOLS!
And a granny crying, it needs a granny crying, a dog in a Santa hat going over to comfort her,

I can taste the bile rising already 😏
Are you going to audition for the Santa dog role?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I've become a covid complainer!! Went to a local pub on Saturday who previously had done really well with measures. No-one was advising by the one way system and pushing past each other to get through the door and there were large groups sat together (15 in one group at one stage). So I took a photo and sent it to their management saying I didn't feel safe and wouldn't be returning until things change.

Didn't really expect much of a reply but they sent a heartfelt apology, said the group I had pointed out are continually refusing to break into smaller groups so they are all being barred. Then they updated their fb last night to thank everyone for their custom, reminding them of the rules and advising anyone not following them will be asked to leave from now on.

I'm not a complainer but we've been hit very hard by Covid, my Dad spent 17 weeks in hospital, 5 on a ventilator, and is now in a care home receiving intensive physio to come home.

😊

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I a
I agree with what others have said. The best thing anyone with anxiety can do, is to remove themselves (where possible of course) from the source of the anxiety, be it another person, a place, or the media etc.

I have always suffered from health anxiety, and even though I drive him mad with it at times, I am lucky to live with a medical professional who makes me feel at ease about a lot of things in this current situation.

However a few years ago I had a severe recurrence of anxiety and intrusive thoughts due to terrorism. I had therapy and the first thing the therapist advised was to remove all my news apps, stop reading/looking for stuff on the internet (I was obsessed with doing this and I can now see that even though I was doing it to seek reassurance, it was only fuelling my anxiety). I did what he advised and the difference it made was enormous. So I would advise you to remove yourself from this person for the good of your health and well-being.
I wad told to block all news outlets etc, I had to download a blocking app on my phone. Facebook, twitter and even tattle was on it for a bit and obscure foreign news sites as I was always googling. I had a month of not watching or reading news, I'd watch the briefings but taut was all I would watch. It was bliss and did me the world of good.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.