Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #50

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
6 months of restrictions?! 👀
They’ve said that before I think, takes us up to March which is when winter pressures end in hospitals so it makes sense I guess, hopefully won’t be 6 months of this but maybe they just mean some social distancing and masks will remain until we’re out of the risky zone!

Reactions: 6
So rule of 6 for Christmas Day!!! At least. We are going to need a thread on how the hell we cook a christmas dinner... 😫😫😫

• Haha
Reactions: 7
They’ve said that before I think, takes us up to March which is when winter pressures end in hospitals so it makes sense I guess, hopefully won’t be 6 months of this but maybe they just mean some social distancing and masks will remain until we’re out of the risky zone!
Boris has specifically said the new restrictions will be in place for 6 months, so rule of 6, hospitality curfew, work from home if you can message etc.

Reactions: 2
Personally I do think Boris has tried hard there to strike the balance between driving down cases but keeping things open. I know some of this will negatively effect people and I do think there are areas where it is ok to use common sense, though strictly not in the rules I think when childcare and mental health are issues it’s ok to do what is necessary in a safe way. I know the government have ballsed a lot up but at the end of the day we do have to live with this virus and I sincerely hope people will follow the rules to the best of their abilities.

The likes of the person who was on here earlier saying they don’t care and will have lock ins and just go back to peoples houses, you are part of the problem. I do believe that Boris does not enjoy putting us under these restrictions. If you are being irresponsible and blatantly ignoring the rules you aren’t sticking two fingers up at Boris, you’re contributing to a potential rise in cases leading to a further lockdown that will cost people’s jobs and lives. We do all have to work together here. Just my thoughts!

Reactions: 23
Boris has specifically said the new restrictions will be in place for 6 months, so rule of 6, hospitality curfew, work from home if you can message etc.
Ok. didn’t see the speech just reading summaries online etc

First time on this thread but it's madness to close down ever again. Carry on with the measures to reduce the spread but unless you're old with health issues it's time to get on with life!! It could be years before any vaccine. We will all be meeting on Christmas day.
Screenshot_2020-09-22-12-54-08-085_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Could anyone tell me what the time scale is for being in contact with someone with Covid to then developing symptoms themselves?

Reactions: 1
Could anyone tell me what the time scale is for being in contact with someone with Covid to then developing symptoms themselves?
Isn't it 14 days, I think it was in the beginning which is why the 2 week isolation came In.

There is no set time, people develop symptoms at different rates. The average is around 5-7 days but the incubation period can be up to 14 days.

Last I heard it was up to 11 days with an average of 5.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.