Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Freddo10

Go to your Christmas parties, see your families and friends, give them the biggest hugs! wear a mask if you want too or bloody don’t if you don’t want too!

honestly I don’t know why people are continuing to believe this utter crap now. Last year when people were dying alone, spending Christmas alone, families not allowed to be together, only one parent allowed to be with their seriously ill/dying child, women having miscarriages and having to go through the awful news of being told nothing was found on a scan alone, people giving birth alone! I could go on… yet all along these fucking arseholes were partying, laughing and joking! It’s utterly disgusting and people STILL continue to comply with their bollocks.

• Heart
Reactions: 66

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
I work with doctors as part of my job, a lot of them are A&E doctors. The ones I've spoken to have said A&E is absolutely overrun. Not with COVID, but with people who can't see their GP. Perhaps the government should address that issue

• Heart
Reactions: 55

SarahGard83

VIP Member
As someone who is currently having treatment for blood cancer I'm seriously worried that my treatment will stop again like it did during the first lockdown. I'm hanging on by a thread as it is.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48

Princesst

Chatty Member
I think the major issue is that lockdowns are just crap for pretty much EVERYONE. Absolutely just the worst it could be really. Unless you’re in the super elite where you can basically just do whatever you want.

- For people forced to work from home that are struggling mentally being isolated whilst watching other people get paid furlough to watch Netflix
- People on furlough that don’t know how long their jobs are going to even exist for now
- Old people that want to enjoy what they have left
- Young people that just want to live a normal life as a set time isn’t promised to anyone
- People that are too afraid to go out because they’ve been bombarded with horror stories for 2 years
- People that aren’t afraid of covid but are terrified of the damage it’s doing to people waiting for treatments and having horrendous fines for breaking stupid “rules”
- People who’s kids are being damaged in all the ways possible
- People too afraid to have kids because where the hell does this actually end…

EVERYONE.

• Heart
Reactions: 42

jackolantern

VIP Member
Get boosted for a variant that has killed no one, so WE don’t kill the cancer patients by denying them treatment to manipulate you into making us more money.

There, fixed it for ya.

Reactions: 41

HannahF

I work for events and since this new variant has come out, ive think ive had like several mini brealdowns each day at work. Due to the fact the general public are vile human beings!!!
We as a venue havent caused anything, we havent had restrictions set on us.

So sorry to sound so blunt but as a business, we need to make money so until we are told to stop hosting parties, we arent. But people dont like this, they want to cancel but signed contracts to confirm they fully understand theres a zero policy on refunds due to cancellation of your own accord or if you are ill including covid. Refunds will only be given if we as a venue can not host parties and want a full refund 8 hours before their party!!!!!! When we say no, ive been sworn at, threatened, called every name under the sun, been told to go to hell and even i hope you get covid.
We as a business cant afford to refund everyone as they dont feel like coming. As we have paid for the food, drinks, dj, lighting, staff etc. Its not right you call a few hours before and expect the world.
We are trying out best to keep people safe as much as we can without then getting abuse as we cant force people and theres no policies for us fo fall back on. And what makes me laugh is we have people asking what we are doing to keep people safe. Weve encouraged face maks when its not the law, encourage lateral flow testing etc and keep social distances when possible. But yet tonights party was out the window, no one cared!!!! Yet weve ben dealing with calls after calls of people being concerned so we added this measures but people werent in the slightest bothered in the end.
I saw people drinking from the wrong glass, sharing cigarettes, up close to people and these are people they dont know. Just happened to be sharing the same party and made mates. Its crazy

please please please be kind to people working in hospitality right now. We have suffered more than anyone through out and never get a break from it. We are most likely to suffer more and the industry to struggle again. Personally im more than happy for Boris to cancel parties to save the abuse im getting everyday to keep people safe but we cant keep living like this, we need to keep going

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Sorry wtf was that boris? Literally caused stress and anxiety with this announcement to say multiple times get your booster (not a booster it’s a 3rd full dose) and we’re going to cancel cancer treatments if you don’t. Nice deflection from the Christmas party saga
I'm sat in tears worried my treatment will be cancelled. This can't happen

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Considering we only starting sequencing what 10 days ago?
Quick turnaround there mind. Infected to death AND sequenced
Just seems very convenient that we have our first death not long after Boris is telling everyone they must get their booster. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but even I can see there's dodgy goings on

• Heart
Reactions: 39

Hope96

VIP Member
Keir Starmer: We must all play by the rules...

Shame the govt fail to stick to the rules eh and what a shame you are shite at holding them accountable every Wed. Fuck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Barbie2020

VIP Member
How is vaccinating everyone for Covid more important than cancer treatments/surgery? I just can’t cope with where the world is going anymore.

I’m pregnant and have decided not to have what will now be two booster jabs before my baby is even born. I don’t trust them and would rather take my chances.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

Freddo10

Anyone else think no tests, no pandemic? You would never know it was covid, you’d just think it was the flu and could get on with life.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Pixipoppy

VIP Member
An elderly patient of mine today said he would rather die of covid than have another Christmas without his family :cry:

• Sad
  • Heart

monga

VIP Member
People in the public eye breaking the rules doesn't mean that everything we know about Covid is a lie.
If the people in charge of the country don't lead by example why should the rest of us put our lives on hold to protect the very thing they have no respect for ....

• Heart