Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The first person has died of Omicron. The media are rubbing their hands in glee at this I bet.

No news on age, health, or even if the person was in hospital with something very serious and just happened to test positive.. not that they'll care on giving important information like that

Attachments

Reactions: 19
Love how Boris tried to show some leadership and make the situation better but in typical Boris fashion has made it much worse.

Reactions: 8
Not all covid tests are sequenced to know if it's omicron or delta. What we need is to have the percentage of both and look at numbers in term of hospitalizations and covid deaths.

There is a bit too much hysteria around that new variant. What matters at the end is how hospitals are doing and are they getting overloaded?

I also don't get also the frenzy around lockdowns. No country has applied one without having a very alarming situation in hospitals. It's understandbly a very unpopular decision and governments will resort to it only as a last solution. Unless the situation changes drastically it won't happen!

Reactions: 2
Considering we only starting sequencing what 10 days ago?
Quick turnaround there mind. Infected to death AND sequenced
Just seems very convenient that we have our first death not long after Boris is telling everyone they must get their booster. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but even I can see there's dodgy goings on

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Reactions: 14
Just seems very convenient that we have our first death not long after Boris is telling everyone they must get their booster. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but even I can see there's dodgy goings on
And not just ‘our’ first death. The first death globally!

Reactions: 11
I’m glad there are others on here who have had the 2 jags but won’t get the booster. I’m the same - I don’t really want a booster every 6 months! Especially when the new variants are obviously getting weaker it’s pointless, also how are they going to define “fully vaccinated”? 1 booster? 2 boosters? I’m still going out to my clubs and events with no anxiety, I’m aware I could very easily catch it in those environments but that is a risk I am willing to take.

I don’t see the point in putting your life on hold for years now in fear of a virus that isn’t going away anytime soon! If your scared stay at home but national lockdowns solve nothing. I became increasingly suicidal during the past lockdowns and didn’t ask for help seeing as the NHS MH services are non-existent. The strain on the NHS is caused by underfunding and people abusing the system, covid is clearly not as big as an impact on the NHS as the media makes it seem. It’s all just deflection from solving the actual problem.
The
Has anyone on here not knowingly had covid yet? I've been lucky and managed to avoid thus far
My husband hasnt. Has worked all through in hospitals and isnt vaccinated. Son has never had it either.

Me 👋 I live off grid, don't have anyone in my life, just me and nature as its been all my life. Highly unlikely to ever get it and I'm very fit and healthy so most likely to be ok if I did.
Hope you continue to be healthy, I'm sure a positive outlook goes a long way too 🙂
You live off grid? That's amazing. I always used to think the idea was better than reality but the older I get, the more it appeals

Reactions: 12
I potentially have it now… I was in contact with someone last Monday, who tested positive on the Wednesday. Coincidence or maybe not, I started getting cold symptoms on the wed, still have now. I know I should get a PCR but I haven’t, I’ve done lateral flow tests since Thursday and they have all been negative. I know they are not as accurate but I would have thought if I had it then I would have been infectious enough since then to show as positive on atleast one of the tests. I have been to a local shop but worn a mask but not really been out anywhere else. My feelings are.. and so is my mams… that my parents are fully vaccinated (plus a booster) and have had covid, and wear masks when in shops, they have done all they can in regards to what they have been told to do, and are as protected as they can be… they ARE going to come into contact with covid again at some point and understand that, but have done what they can to protect themselves and want to keep living. If they avoid everyone now who ever has a cold/cold symptoms then it just starts to get ridiculous. Yes, if I see my mam in the next few days I will wear a mask, and I wouldn’t purposely go near someone really old or who I knew had underlying health problems.. but I am not getting a PCR unless I show as positive on the LFT. I know some people will think I am selfish, but on the other hand I know a lot of people will be the same. I am fully vaccinated by the way and have my booster booked.
My boyfriend had covid back in July who I live with, and I stayed negative (PCR and ten days worth of LFT) despite sleeping in the same bed as him (although I did have funny pains in my arms and legs so maybe I did have it then, who knows)
My friend was consistently negative on LFs but had positive PCR. Sadly the tests aren't reliable

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.