Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And now we're getting threatened with plan c. duck off Boris and co.
Plan C is to scare you into complying with Plan B. Plan C will eventually be implemented anyway it’s inevitable. They’ve got this mapped out for the next 5+ years. Just stop complying

Reactions: 23
My husbands Christmas meal out has been cancelled by management. However as it is up to staff to arrange it then get given money to pay, they are all still going as table is still booked and also why let down the independent restaurant and lose them money. They can't dictate what people do in their own time with their own money at the end of the day

Reactions: 18
My husband got £35 worth of vouchers yesterday instead of the planned Christmas party. He's actually buzzing about it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 18
So from what I’m seeing because my fathers side of the family has some family in South Africa is that omicron really isn’t causing them an issue. But the big difference there is that their population doesn’t have as many elderly people as we do. Our 65-90 population is different from there’s and more of them here and the reality is that is where the deaths are and they are more likely to need medical care. The worry is that Omicron will hit that population hard here, pile pressure on the NHS and because it’s so transmissible it will rip through care homes and geriatric wards etc.
it kind of makes sense.

I was pro the first lockdown. We had no freaking clue what covid was and what it would do. Now we have more of a handle on it, I totally object to being threatened with being locked away. We’ve followed rules, vaccinated, etc. I don’t want anyone to die or get sick but why in the hell aren’t we looking at care homes, how we look after our elderly and what we can do to stop trashing the economy and people’s lives rather than just this constant threat of the NHS falling over and “protect granny”… (incidentally, I’m too old and don’t have grandparents any more, but I do have teenagers who simply can’t be shut up for months again)

Am I making sense? Do I sound horrible?

Reactions: 21
I think we’re definitely looking at a lockdown I think the schools have had a heads up already going by the Google classroom message and now McBride has made this statement

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Omicron, see also Moronic and No Crimbo!

Plan B, C and probably D has been on the cards for ages. Less deadly than previous so why the big hype. Boris has spent so much so far he has to follow it through...

He needs to duck off now surely!

Reactions: 7
I agree same with people being vaccinated, and whatever their reason for having it - to go on holiday, to protect grannie etc. It’s nobody’s business. Tbh I’m not interested either way 😂
Work are being really intrusive with vaccinations at the moment yet we aren't allowed to discuss salaries!

So what I earn is to absolutely be kept private but my health and medical history is up for discussion and debate.

Plan B, C and probably D has been on the cards for ages. Less deadly than previous so why the big hype. Boris has spent so much so far he has to follow it through...

There's no B in Omicron?

Unless I've missed the point

• Wow
Reactions: 11
The checking in with the app was so moronic and pointless.

And I don't know whether I'mve been incredibly lucky or just everyone has turned the app off but I've had it on for literally months and never got a ping.

Reactions: 6

No matter who is there it would be the same. Might even have someone new in (planned) who says "OK enough mucking about, we are now doing this...

Reactions: 7
I think we’re definitely looking at a lockdown I think the schools have had a heads up already going by the Google classroom message and now McBride has made this statement
What do you think a 'lockdown' would look like for us? We already need vaccine/tests to get into bars and restaurants anyway, WFH was never removed, masks never gone ... I don't really know what the next step is, unless its closing businesses but thats not possible with no money from Westminster.

Reactions: 3
No matter who is there it would be the same. Might even have someone new in (planned) who says "OK enough mucking about, we are now doing this...
Yes very true - nothing is as seems through the media, it's all planned and calculated

Work are being really intrusive with vaccinations at the moment yet we aren't allowed to discuss salaries!

So what I earn is to absolutely be kept private but my health and medical history is up for discussion and debate.

There's no B in Omicron?

Unless I've missed the point
Good point! My mistake

Reactions: 3
I hope plan c isn't closing schools, I don't think I can take that right now although I think the crap behaviour at home is linked to not liking school 🙃

Reactions: 6
What do you think a 'lockdown' would look like for us? We already need vaccine/tests to get into bars and restaurants anyway, WFH was never removed, masks never gone ... I don't really know what the next step is, unless its closing businesses but thats not possible with no money from Westminster.
There’s talk of hospitality closing? We already have all the other measures like you say and they’re not making a difference they could go all out lockdown again depending on how much strain hospitals are under as we’re the only part of the UK with virtually no health service ( pre covid)

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.