Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m confused by the lifestyle thing ? What stops people getting outside ?
I make sure I go outside everyday for at least 30 minutes.
We spend a lot of time in artificial light , even in summer, especially in schools/ workspaces.

Reactions: 6
They can't keep doing this to us. Its devastating. I'm not afraid of catching covid and I'm not afraid of my family catching covid. I'm afraid of what another lockdown will do to me and my family.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Honestly has anyone else just had ENOUGH?!

I’m at point where I don’t care/not scared about Covid but the constant change in rules and announcements is more stressful than the actual ‘issue’ itself!!

Reactions: 25
Anyone here young and immunocompromised? I’m in the severely immunocompromised category due to being on a biologic for Crohn’s disease.

The Omicron variant has tipped my mental health over the edge, the only advice I’ve seen directed towards vulnerable/immunocompromised is that we’re more likely to get severely ill if we catch it even if we’ve had all vaccinations (I’ve had 3) and pretty much telling people to not see vulnerable relatives indoors especially over Christmas so non directly telling us to avoid people..

I’m so fed up, I’m barely leaving the house and am not looking forward to Christmas at all. I wish there was a way of knowing what my risk was compared to someone not immunocompromised my age (I’m 30), in some countries my medication is almost considered a benefit if I caught covid as it prevents the immune system overdrive but in the UK I’m considered CEV and the most at risk.

My illness doesn’t give me any day to day symptoms as it’s under control so pre covid I’d be out partying, going abroad and doing everything anyone my age would be doing. I feel like I’ve been placed into a group which includes really elderly people and where my illness has never held me back it’s now my biggest hinderance. I’ve had enough of being called vulnerable and hate that it’s assumed vulnerable = sick and infirm. I’m in a senior position in my career and before covid know one even knew I had a condition, now I’m constantly reminded that I’m vulnerable or disabled when I would never have considered myself as this. This is also massively effecting my mental health.

I feel like I just need to risk it to improve my mental health but the news and government are constantly freaking me out over what might happen if I caught it.

Sorry for the rant, I’m truly at my wits end, I’ve lost so much of myself and feel like I live to work. What’s the point?
I am also around your age and in the same situation - I am transplanted so I need to take immunosuppressants. I decided to listen to myself and do things according to what feels the best to me. That goes in both ways.

I prioritise my friends and my family because that's the most important to me. But I generally avoid non-needed contacts. Since last year I mostly use my bike to go around, wear a FFP2 when I need to take crowded transports. I did travel but chose quiet places and mostly outdoor activities. I don't restrain myself to go out for a drink/for food when it's possible to sit outside.

Also I am more careful when transmission is high - which wasn't not the case where I live between May and October and that was amazing.

I completely understand what you mean. It's frustrating to be put in a vulnerable category when you are young and otherwise healthy and at the same time many people assume vulnerable people are old or very ill/obese.

I do think it's all about balance - I do want to live many more years in a good health and I am more afraid to catch covid as it could have an impact on my transplanted organ and I would hate to spend years in another process of transplantation than dying. So it makes sense for me to keep some form of measures while making sure I am not missing on relationships, activities and travels. Everybody should see what fits them best.

Would it be a possibility for you to get an antibody level test? I did have one after my second dose and a few months later, I had some antibodies then they lowered quite a lot - and it was decided I should get a booster. Last time it was checked I had a very high level of antibodies. It does help me to know where I am standing even though it's not a perfext answer.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Anyone else think no tests, no pandemic? You would never know it was covid, you’d just think it was the flu and could get on with life.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Anyone else think no tests, no pandemic? You would never know it was covid, you’d just think it was the flu and could get on with life.
Well where I live ICU are full right now. Tests or no tests, the situation would be the same!

Well where I live ICU are full right now. Tests or no tests, the situation will be the same!
Which is normal for this time of year. Getting people to constantly test and having the unvaccinated self isolate if they have come into contact with someone with covid is a joke.. are they going to pay the 10 days of wages that people will loose out on even if they haven’t got covid but are still required to isolate? Paying people’s bills etc? Will they shite!

Reactions: 18
Personally I don’t agree with this stance as testing identifies people who are contagious and isolates the cases = reducing transmission = reducing vulnerable people catching it.

Reactions: 6
Personally I don’t agree with this stance as testing identifies people who are contagious and isolates the cases = reducing transmission = reducing vulnerable people catching it.
But why do people still need to test if there’s now 3 vaccines available? What is the point in the vaccine.

The effect this is having on people’s mental health is hurredous, I’m sorry but mental health over this cornabollcoks in my opinion is more important.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
But why do people still need to test if there’s now 3 vaccines available? What is the point in the vaccine.

The effect this is having on people’s mental health is hurredous, I’m sorry but mental health over this cornabollcoks in my opinion is more important.
People take a test so they can isolate if they have it and stop the spread.

Reactions: 3
Yeah it's just about speeding up the booster rollout which is a good thing, as I know several people who've been struggling to get their booster.

People take a test so they can isolate if they have it and stop the spread.
Which is what people were doing anyway pre vaccine.So why now is there such a push in vaccines and countries making the disgraceful decision of mandating vaccines if it changes nothing and you still need to test?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.