Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My work place was handing out tests a while back.... I never took any.... I didn't even take a test when I had covid.... I already knew it was covid, so why bother testing just to see it in writing.. I just did my time staying in, until allowed back aat work.

Reactions: 8
My work place was handing out tests a while back.... I never took any.... I didn't even take a test when I had covid.... I already knew it was covid, so why bother testing just to see it in writing.. I just did my time staying in, until allowed back aat work.
Because it might not have been Covid? Just a thought.

Reactions: 1
Not everyone will know it is Covid-19 so why not take a test (which takes very little time) just to be sure. The concept of testing is not hard to understand so I am not quite sure why it is questioned when people test/why they test.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
If you're isolating it doesn't really matter if you test it doesn't change anything unless you're ill enough to need hospital treatment .

Jings!!! Where to start with this extraganzia!!!

Nicola and her Tsunami, defer your Christmas party, obviously desparate to impose a lockdown but she can't because there's no furlough, Jason Leitch wafting on about one person at a party infecting 60 people, then NS nearly fainting when somebody said can one child not infect a whole class - splutter splutter we'll protect schools, and yes, keep taking your vaccines and booster even though I'm saying there will be a Tsunami 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

At one point today, I was sure NS was going to lose it - she was definately struggling to keep her composure and it looked like her 2 side kicks where asking if she was okay.

And of course, part of the craziest thing up here in Scotland, is that 2 hospitals have been badly affected because of staff 'caught' covid on a staff night out and are now isolating!!!

I work with older people and we've decided to go ahead with our celebrations, but get everyone to do a LFT. Mainly because we wonder what lies ahead and this might be the last time we can enjoy ourselves!!!

I really feel that people won't comply this year. Everyone I know is saying that they'll carry on their Christmas plans as normal because we're all expecting a lockdown on Boxing Day.

Reactions: 10
I work for events and since this new variant has come out, ive think ive had like several mini brealdowns each day at work. Due to the fact the general public are vile human beings!!!
We as a venue havent caused anything, we havent had restrictions set on us.

So sorry to sound so blunt but as a business, we need to make money so until we are told to stop hosting parties, we arent. But people dont like this, they want to cancel but signed contracts to confirm they fully understand theres a zero policy on refunds due to cancellation of your own accord or if you are ill including covid. Refunds will only be given if we as a venue can not host parties and want a full refund 8 hours before their party!!!!!! When we say no, ive been sworn at, threatened, called every name under the sun, been told to go to hell and even i hope you get covid.
We as a business cant afford to refund everyone as they dont feel like coming. As we have paid for the food, drinks, dj, lighting, staff etc. Its not right you call a few hours before and expect the world.
We are trying out best to keep people safe as much as we can without then getting abuse as we cant force people and theres no policies for us fo fall back on. And what makes me laugh is we have people asking what we are doing to keep people safe. Weve encouraged face maks when its not the law, encourage lateral flow testing etc and keep social distances when possible. But yet tonights party was out the window, no one cared!!!! Yet weve ben dealing with calls after calls of people being concerned so we added this measures but people werent in the slightest bothered in the end.
I saw people drinking from the wrong glass, sharing cigarettes, up close to people and these are people they dont know. Just happened to be sharing the same party and made mates. Its crazy

please please please be kind to people working in hospitality right now. We have suffered more than anyone through out and never get a break from it. We are most likely to suffer more and the industry to struggle again. Personally im more than happy for Boris to cancel parties to save the abuse im getting everyday to keep people safe but we cant keep living like this, we need to keep going

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Not everyone will know it is Covid-19 so why not take a test (which takes very little time) just to be sure. The concept of testing is not hard to understand so I am not quite sure why it is questioned when people test/why they test.
I haven't once questioned why people take tests, I just said why I never bothered getting a test, I knew it was covid as my son had tested positive for it, my symptoms started few days after him, so why waste time on a test to let me know what I already knew..... I had to isolate anyway as he had covid, so just had to add a few extra days on for when my symptoms started.

Because it might not have been Covid? Just a thought.
My son was positive for covid, he lived at home, I lost my sense of smell and taste so knew it was covid.

Reactions: 5
I haven't once questioned why people take tests, I just said why I never bothered getting a test, I knew it was covid as my son had tested positive for it, my symptoms started few days after him, so why waste time on a test to let me know what I already knew..... I had to isolate anyway as he had covid, so just had to add a few extra days on for when my symptoms started.

My son was positive for covid, he lived at home, I lost my sense of smell and taste so knew it was covid.
Sorry that wasn’t directed at you, it was meant generally. Not everyone will know that it is definitely Covid-19 so they’ll take a test to determine it is or not. I hope you’ve both recovered since having it.

Sorry that wasn’t directed at you, it was meant generally. Not everyone will know that it is definitely Covid-19 so they’ll take a test to determine it is or not. I hope you’ve both recovered since having it.
No worries, yeah we were both fine thanks, son is asthmatic but was fine, I was fine also we did our time at home then went back to work when allowed.

Yeah I don't get this at all. I wfh most of the time and live alone but go out a lot at weekends. I tend to test end of the week so I never worry I've unknowingly spread covid then again mid week to check I haven't caught it

My Dad nearly died of it, spent a month on a ventilator and a year in hospital then care home so if it gives me peace of mind I'm not potentially inflicting that on someone else I'm happy

Reactions: 12
Yeah I don't get this at all. I wfh most of the time and live alone but go out a lot at weekends. I tend to test end of the week so I never worry I've unknowingly spread covid then again mid week to check I haven't caught it

My Dad nearly died of it, spent a month on a ventilator and a year in hospital then care home so if it gives me peace of mind I'm not potentially inflicting that on someone else I'm happy
So sorry to hear your father was so unwell from it, I hope he is doing okay now. Yes I think many test for the reasons you mention as well, it takes very little time and effort to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So sorry to hear your father was so unwell from it, I hope he is doing okay now. Yes I think many test for the reasons you mention as well, it takes very little time and effort to do.
Ahh thank you, he's doing amazing 🥰 He came home in April needing 24 hr care, peg fed with a tracheostomy recently removed. He now has no care (except us 😊) , peg removed eating a normal diet and his trachy hole is almost healed. It's been a long hard road and we count ourselves so lucky considering his things could have been.

So anything I can do to ensure I don't put someone else through that I will do. Equally I want to live my life so testing gives me some comfort to be carry on doing that

• Heart
Reactions: 13
People who use the phrase ‘covid isn’t over just because you’re over it’ honestly need a slap, so self righteous 😂

I saw this on an influencers story (obvs voted no) but the fact that 1/3 of these people secretly want a lockdown is absolutely vile. Not only are you saying you want people to suffer the mental effects of lockdown, but you also hope things get bad enough covid wise to warrant it? Griiiiiim. Is sitting at home for months again really that appealing to some people?

I can only assume these people have nothing going on in their life or something and /or don’t want to go to work?

7F7B358E-FF0A-477B-AA6A-B0AD3D949F52.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Ahh thank you, he's doing amazing 🥰 He came home in April needing 24 hr care, peg fed with a tracheostomy recently removed. He now has no care (except us 😊) , peg removed eating a normal diet and his trachy hole is almost healed. It's been a long hard road and we count ourselves so lucky considering his things could have been.

So anything I can do to ensure I don't put someone else through that I will do. Equally I want to live my life so testing gives me some comfort to be carry on doing that

Goodness, it sounds like it was a tough and long journey but happy to hear he is on the mend. 💪🏻

I am the same, I go out and about but take the precautions.

• Heart
I work for events and since this new variant has come out, ive think ive had like several mini brealdowns each day at work. Due to the fact the general public are vile human beings!!!
We as a venue havent caused anything, we havent had restrictions set on us.

So sorry to sound so blunt but as a business, we need to make money so until we are told to stop hosting parties, we arent. But people dont like this, they want to cancel but signed contracts to confirm they fully understand theres a zero policy on refunds due to cancellation of your own accord or if you are ill including covid. Refunds will only be given if we as a venue can not host parties and want a full refund 8 hours before their party!!!!!! When we say no, ive been sworn at, threatened, called every name under the sun, been told to go to hell and even i hope you get covid.
We as a business cant afford to refund everyone as they dont feel like coming. As we have paid for the food, drinks, dj, lighting, staff etc. Its not right you call a few hours before and expect the world.
We are trying out best to keep people safe as much as we can without then getting abuse as we cant force people and theres no policies for us fo fall back on. And what makes me laugh is we have people asking what we are doing to keep people safe. Weve encouraged face maks when its not the law, encourage lateral flow testing etc and keep social distances when possible. But yet tonights party was out the window, no one cared!!!! Yet weve ben dealing with calls after calls of people being concerned so we added this measures but people werent in the slightest bothered in the end.
I saw people drinking from the wrong glass, sharing cigarettes, up close to people and these are people they dont know. Just happened to be sharing the same party and made mates. Its crazy

please please please be kind to people working in hospitality right now. We have suffered more than anyone through out and never get a break from it. We are most likely to suffer more and the industry to struggle again. Personally im more than happy for Boris to cancel parties to save the abuse im getting everyday to keep people safe but we cant keep living like this, we need to keep going
I work in the music industry and my business has been hit HARD so you have all my sympathies.

We have a massive tour that’s meant to kick off in January that we’ve already rescheduled a few times. If it doesn’t happen (and it’s looking more and more likely it won’t now), our business and employees are totally fucked 😞.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
If you're isolating it doesn't really matter if you test it doesn't change anything unless you're ill enough to and need hospital treatment .
If someone is unwell, they are unwell whether or not they test and they are still unwell if they test and get a negative result.

Some people must think a negative test is magic and cures all non covid ailments.

I won’t go for a PCR now. It won’t be long til the whole uk has to isolate for 10 days with a positive household contact. Sod that disruption. We will do LFT and keep ourselves to ourself if we get a positive but the essentials, ie taking kids to school, will be done and im not having the whole house being captivated if one of us is Ill. No PCR= no record of it in the system = no isolation and disruption
Only an idiot would be doing a PCR. Even doing a LFT is unnecessary. Omicron is quite obviously a cold...remember no confirmed deaths anywhere in the entire world and no hospital admissions in the UK.

I'm looking forward to three weeks in the Canaries starting next week....we'll be on that plane whatever and won't be testing on the way there or on the way back.

It's not March 2020 any more. The government seem to think it is. Thankfully they won't last as long as our Xmas holiday.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.