Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
old thread

So lots of conservative MPs say it's a bad idea, making people WFH but allowing them to go out for leisure,. many are saying good for them BUT
You can bet sure as eggs is eggs that the end result rather than easing up they will restrict us even more

Reactions: 13
Interestingly my workplace have sent an email to all employees advising that we continue to come into office and disregard the WFH mandate

(Office job - we all WFH in lockdown 1)

Reactions: 16
It's my last two weeks in this job and there is no one about as everyone has been sent to work from home.

Such an overreaction, clearly all designed to distract from Boris' dodgy dealings.

Reactions: 10
Interestingly my workplace have sent an email to all employees advising that we continue to come into office and disregard the WFH mandate

Still no message from my boss 🙄🙄

Just a holding message saying more info shortly, that was sent over 7 hours ago.

Interesting stance to take. I'm sure they're expecting kickback from some people and would be wise to allow people who want to WFH to do so.

My workplace has said the office will remain open so if people want to come in they can, but those who want to WFH full time are free to. Other than people who can't WFH due to the type of role they do. That seems the best way of dealing with it IMO.

I think my office is doing this too, the CEO has announced they will discuss tomorrow but he hates people working from home.

If people don’t feel safe they should be allowed to work from home, we can do the exact same job at home as in the office?? I don’t understand employers.

Reactions: 6

My husband works for a local authority and have said the same.

I work for central government, and if you need to for business or mental health reasons you can work in the office.

Reactions: 4
My office are doing 1 day WFH and then 4 days in office when most people’s jobs can be done on a phone or tablet to begin with unless you’re a director and need to physically be in for meetings. I find that a bit stupid

Reactions: 6
One of my biggest worries is Drakeford putting Wales into lockdown whilst England aren’t. I live in Wales and my boyfriend and our friends live in England. I’d have to choose between seeing him or staying at home with my parents, which has really messed my mental health up twice already.

I’m travelling 5 hours (by train) up the country to see him tomorrow and I’ve got a party on Saturday. I’m petrified I’ll somehow get locked out of Wales. I can’t handle the stress of it all, it just makes me want to stay at home 🙃

• Sad
Reactions: 7
My office are doing 1 day WFH and then 4 days in office when most people’s jobs can be done on a phone or tablet to begin with unless you’re a director and need to physically be in for meetings. I find that a bit stupid
Agreed. To me, that means they don't trust people can WFH efficiently, which is a bit of a smack in the teeth.

Reactions: 5
My husband works for a local authority and have said the same.

I work for central government, and if you need to for business or mental health reasons you can work in the office.
Central Government here too and the same. Quite a few people have stayed in my office, more than Id have thought but they all have their individual reasons for it which is fair enough 😊

Reactions: 1
Just read guidance planned that for events only a minimum of 25% of all users need to show vaccine passport/LFT/covid recovery info.

Reactions: 2
  • Sad
Reactions: 2
Just read guidance planned that for events only a minimum of 25% of all users need to show vaccine passport/LFT/covid recovery info.
So the venue just needs to make sure at least 25% are vaxxed or negative, then everyone else can just enter freely.
So basically venues don't need to really obide by the passport if they don't want too.

My husband went to Scotland for a lads weekend and he said only one place turned him away, everywhere else let them in no questions asked.

Oh god honestly are people still believing this bullshit about COVID😳😳 wake up

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Our works Christmas party next week has been cancelled. I guess they didn't think it made sense to have a big gathering (this is over 100 people) in the same week that people were being advised to WFH.

I wasn't going anyway.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.