Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

wideopenspace

Chatty Member
Honestly has anyone else just had ENOUGH?!

I’m at point where I don’t care/not scared about Covid but the constant change in rules and announcements is more stressful than the actual ‘issue’ itself!!
The mental health fallout is much more dangerous than the virus. I CAN'T homeschool again it almost broke me especially in February/March. If it happens again I'll be on the phone to the school advising the sane.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
Quit your deflection. There’s always going to be a variant and there’s always going to be a booster. There comes a point where you have to say enough is enough now and trust in your immune system. What was the point of getting a vaccine if you’re going to need a booster every time a new variant pops us

• Heart

Littleelf

VIP Member
Am I alone in feeling a rising sense of panic that we are going into another lockdown?
I'm going into hospital tomorrow to be induced with my second baby. I'm fearful that by the time I come out again everything will be locked down, school closed in January. My daughter will be devastated if school is closed, she was crying at having to miss a few days because of chicken pox a few weeks back. My mental health will not be able take home schooling and a new born.

My mind is racing with it all and I'm terrified of another lockdown.

I've been avoiding reading news because it makes me feel panicky, I might also have to leave this thread at least while I'm in hospital as I can feel my chest tightening while reading it. This isn't going to end well surely we can't go through this again

• Heart
  • Sad

SarahGard83

VIP Member
Boris can go fuck himself. Hell will freeze over before I cancel any Christmas plans or stop my family from visiting over the holidays. Enough is enough!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Littleelf

VIP Member
They can't keep doing this to us. Its devastating. I'm not afraid of catching covid and I'm not afraid of my family catching covid. I'm afraid of what another lockdown will do to me and my family.

• Heart

Miranda13

Scotland we've been told no Xmas parties. I can't express how angry I am right now. Terrified of another 4 month lock down from Boxing Day like last year - all for a variant with no one in hospital with it.

WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END?

• Sad
  • Angry
It's very contagious and numbers in hospitals have been increasing. If I can avoid that, I'll do what I can.

I think they probably didn't follow the rules because they didn't care about the consequences of their actions - rather than they didn't think there would be any.
Unless "doing what you can" consists of normal personal hygiene, then you're part of the problem. There is nothing wrong with individuals making personal choices to protect themselves from contagious illnesses, but the issue we have here is people being forced to take extreme measures.

I have no reason to be any more scared of covid than I do noro, strep, flu, glandular fever and all the other bugs that go round. The government know this and that is why they don't follow the rules. But they don't want you to know it, because they want you to comply and carry on being scared of a virus that for most is slightly worse than a cold.

• Heart

cubegame

Just seen about a plan e 🤪🙃
There will only be a lockdown if we allow it.

This time, people need to stay strong.....pubs, restaurants and all other hospitality need to announce straight away that they don't agree with the idea and will all remain open.

If there is a lockdown this winter, we will NEVER have an uninterrupted winter again.

Sea

VIP Member
When I was out this week I overheard 2 people in their 60s chatting 'might be Another lockdown'...'Oh well we came through the other side'..'lockdown wasn't that frustrating or bad'...'it was only 4 months'.
I wanted to shout you 🤬 privileged 🤬s, no doubt it was great for you living in your fancy house and doing your grand piano lessons via zoom*
I meekly shouted 'what about lonely people, kids and those that suffered'. Regardless I said it and they didn't hear.

*Disclaimer I am aware wealthy people suffered in lockdown from loneliness or mental health, but I can't equalise that to working class families on the breadline, cooped up in flats/houses with their children suffering from loneliness or mental health

Last edited:
  • Heart

Cupcakemum

VIP Member
People in the public eye breaking the rules doesn't mean that everything we know about Covid is a lie.
These are the people that are meant to know far more than us. We've had it rammed down our throats that we can kill people if we shared a bench with someone, or walked passed someone outside without a mask, despite tests and vaccines.
They can all meet after flying around the world in close contact at G7 and people excused it with they were vaccinated and tested - but our rules at the time were to socially distance even though we could have done the same.
They can have anywhere up to 4 Xmas parties, but we could get arrested for having an extra person in our house

I'm in no doubt covid exists, but we've still been lied to. If it was that bad then why were the most important people on this planet meeting and touching each other and risking theirs and their families lives?

• Heart

Rainbow1

VIP Member
Honestly has anyone else just had ENOUGH?!

I’m at point where I don’t care/not scared about Covid but the constant change in rules and announcements is more stressful than the actual ‘issue’ itself!!

jackolantern

VIP Member
I didn't see it like that personally. It's a fact that if the NHS is overwhelmed by omicron cases then other parts of the already struggling NHS (mainly due to a decade of Tory underfunding) will have to do what they did last year and stop surgeries and other appointments. They won't have the resources to cope.
While saying the unvaccinated are the ones who will make that happen. That was literally the entire point of his speech. Emotional blackmail because booster rates are dropping. What better way than to isolate you from an entire nation and coerce you by blaming you for cancer patients dying? He’s no fool.

Reactions: 24

Princesst

Chatty Member
They could just reinstate a form of furlough though and that would be enough to appease most people into endless lockdowns and sadly the government KNOW it. Personally I don’t know how much more I can take but also know I have absolutely no choice to just endure it. If the government closes everything what can people actually DO about it?? We’re totally controlled by the threat of going to prison or being fined for breaking the stupid “rules” So much so that even poor Sarah Everard was murdered just because she visited a friend, was walking home
and was made to believe that was something she should be ARRESTED for. 💔 Sometimes I can’t actually believe what has happened since 2019 just blows my mind.

• Sad

Tippingpoint23

VIP Member
Sorry wtf was that boris? Literally caused stress and anxiety with this announcement to say multiple times get your booster (not a booster it’s a 3rd full dose) and we’re going to cancel cancer treatments if you don’t. Nice deflection from the Christmas party saga

• Heart

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
No matter where you stand regarding the vaccine and boosters and passports, the approach the government are taking are giving strength to some really dangerous conspiracy theory groups. And they’re pushing more people in that direction.
Which could be just as dangerous as any variant going by Twitter crazy. 😐