Coronavirus Disease Outbreak COVID-19 #108

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still pissed at Chinese authorities for not stopping this bullshit virus. They never clamped down on wet markets. Now Covid has spread across the world with no real sign of let up. How the f*** has China managed to escape these variants? I am highly suspicious of that country right now. It's not normal. We are told they are mask wearing and protocol abiding people, but that makes no sense they are unscathed seeing as China has infrastructure projects and hands in pies across the globe, especially in Africa. Something doesn't sit right with me.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
My daughters main Christmas present is festival tickets. I'll be fucked off it we don't get to go. She already missed out on her Little Mix tickets from Christmas 2019. It's just an absolute tit show.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I'm still pissed at Chinese authorities for not stopping this bullshit virus. They never clamped down on wet markets. Now Covid has spread across the world with no real sign of let up. How the f*** has China managed to escape these variants? I am highly suspicious of that country right now. It's not normal. We are told they are mask wearing and protocol abiding people, but that makes no sense they are unscathed seeing as China has infrastructure projects and hands in pies across the globe, especially in Africa. Something doesn't sit right with me.
I don’t think they’ve managed to escape variants. I don’t think they are being truthful with the number of cases/deaths. On the worldometer site their overall case count stands at 99,679 and 4,636 deaths. They stopped reporting over a year ago I believe.

Reactions: 9
How exactly have China managed to get away with this all……

stull think they were trying to create a virus weapon, and tomato and bat soup. 😕

Reactions: 14
It's not a conspiracy theory that a majority of the gain of function research at Wuhan was funded by the US.

From the article:

* Gain-of-function research refers to viruses being taken from animals before they are genetically altered in a lab to make them more transmissible to humans.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Oh my goodness I can’t believe we are here again thinking about schools closing 😩. I hope to god they go back in January. We are not just talking about education here it’s social and emotional. It’s seriously sooo damaging. My youngest is 5 when lockdown first began she was in nursery then all the time in reception not to mention bubble closures they are so far behind in every aspect. I work with her at home every evening but like her teacher said it is not just educational.
Lol… Try having an older child. A five year old isn’t missing out on much.

I still don't think it originated in wet markets. We will never know tbh.

It's all becoming (or seemingly becoming) all about governments control (Germany and Austria are just the start) and not about a virus at all. Pfizer/Moderna are raking it in. I'm so not a conspiracy theorist but something has never quite sat right with the whole thing to me. I did behave and isolated and vaccinated etc but now I'm just living my life how I can tbh. No mask as isn't worth my MH. None of this is worth my MH (to me of course). I'll manage what I can control I.e my feelings and focus on that rather than whatever BS bumbling Boris crops up with next lol

Reactions: 13
My neighbourhood WhatsApp group give me more anxiety than anything as soon as it’s mentioned Boris is doing an announcement they think it’s a lockdown straightaway 🙈 can’t be dealing with it. Boris can get fucked if he’s gonna close schools after Christmas! As tit as it would be I could deal with a November style lockdown like last year where everything was closed except schools, one of my kids is behind and I feel another lockdown and home schooling she would get even more behind even with the amount of home schooling I did but I’m not a teacher!!

Reactions: 11
I’m not being dramatic when I say that I don’t know how I survived.
I came out of homeschooling and WFH ( and the rest! ) on antidepressants and anxiety medication. I was broken.
I’ve only just started to feel ok.
It's just too much, isnt it? I cannot do it again. I cant.

Early years are pretty important. Its not a competition.

My two were between 4-6 during it all til now, and theyre catching up education wise but my eldest is really anxious and emotional still, and we're facing the behavioural side of things now. During that first lockdown, he refused to leave the house - missing school and his friends was massive to him. He understands more now, which helps, but he is so anxious. 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I'm just here to say I'm preparing myself for a breakdown if they close schools again.
The rest of it can duck off too obviously but they ABSOLUTELY need to stop bleeping around with our kids lives

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I think the major issue is that lockdowns are just crap for pretty much EVERYONE. Absolutely just the worst it could be really. Unless you’re in the super elite where you can basically just do whatever you want.

- For people forced to work from home that are struggling mentally being isolated whilst watching other people get paid furlough to watch Netflix
- People on furlough that don’t know how long their jobs are going to even exist for now
- Old people that want to enjoy what they have left
- Young people that just want to live a normal life as a set time isn’t promised to anyone
- People that are too afraid to go out because they’ve been bombarded with horror stories for 2 years
- People that aren’t afraid of covid but are terrified of the damage it’s doing to people waiting for treatments and having horrendous fines for breaking stupid “rules”
- People who’s kids are being damaged in all the ways possible
- People too afraid to have kids because where the hell does this actually end…

EVERYONE.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I think the major issue is that lockdowns are just crap for pretty much EVERYONE. Absolutely just the worst it could be really. Unless you’re in the super elite where you can basically just do whatever you want.

- For people forced to work from home that are struggling mentally being isolated whilst watching other people get paid furlough to watch Netflix
- People on furlough that don’t know how long their jobs are going to even exist for now
- Old people that want to enjoy what they have left
- Young people that just want to live a normal life as a set time isn’t promised to anyone
- People that are too afraid to go out because they’ve been bombarded with horror stories for 2 years
- People that aren’t afraid of covid but are terrified of the damage it’s doing to people waiting for treatments and having horrendous fines for breaking stupid “rules”
- People who’s kids are being damaged in all the ways possible
- People too afraid to have kids because where the hell does this actually end…

EVERYONE.
Yes yes yes to all of this!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I have a 4, 8 and 15 year old in school, it's been harder for my 4 and 8 year old than it has for my 15 year old even though he's doing his gcses this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I'm just here to say I'm preparing myself for a breakdown if they close schools again.
The rest of it can duck off too obviously but they ABSOLUTELY need to stop bleeping around with our kids lives
Surely the tragic case of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes is evidence to anyone with sense that lockdowns need to be avoided at all costs, especially for those who are in dangerous/vulnerable situations.

I have a 4, 8 and 15 year old in school, it's been harder for my 4 and 8 year old than it has for my 15 year old even though he's doing his gcses this year.
those early years are SO important and formative for a child. Especially as they can’t really work independently or for long periods of time. At least an average 15 year old should be able to do both those things!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
You can come and look after my two toddlers if we lockdown again then 😅 they will be climbing the walls and I won't have the mental strength. Small flat no garden ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 10
We are facing an emergency 🚨 covid alert level is 4! It’s doubling every 2-3days! Tidal wave coming - it’s an avalanche!
So we all need boosters!🙄

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.