Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Good Egg

VIP Member
I’ve never known anybody like Charlotte who hikes up Everest to take the bins out by her back flippin door (by Jove she can bore the hind legs off a donkey!!).

Normal person: “I opened the fridge door”

CLT: “I wanted something out of the fridge, but I wasn’t sure if it was the fridge, freezer, cupboard or if infact I needed to pop to the shops and have a mooch down the aisles, not when I mean shops I’m talking where should I go? Asda, Tesco, Morrison’s although I wasn’t quite sure where the nearest Morrison’s is, so I had to charge the tablet, then search on Google to see if there was a Morrison’s near me or infact to see if Morrison’s actually stock Starbucks coffee to start with? pant pant pant so after that I decided to put Stan the man and Day in the stroller and go for a walk, before fist of all taking shots of my feet in my saltwater sandals and maternity jeans... and I went all the way to Morrison’s to get a Starbucks coffee when in actual fact all I needed to do was open the fridge door and get the milk out for my coffee #FML 🤬🤬

Every.flipping.instafuckingstory

Hi I’m new and come here from BrummyMummyof2’s recommendation. Hello 👋🏻 kindred spirits xx

• Haha
Reactions: 41

amy123

“Thanks again for listening to me and giving your advice. We are very, very grateful. And I think that’s the true gift of being able to talk to so many more people. My mum was talking to me about what she remembers when I was little before, and her and Dad had a lot less support and less access to information or other people’s experiences. And it makes a huge difference when you just want to know what it’s like on the other side, and if you’re doing the right thing”

I have been a silent watcher on this thread for a while but it is this comment on her Instagram yesterday that has infuriated me to the point where I have felt the need to post. I have first hand knowledge that the persona Charlotte tries to present is just one big facade and her attempting to insinuate that she is creating and is integral to a supportive and helpful community is an absolute joke.

I have a friend who has a loose connection to Charlotte - a friend of a friend sort of thing. In “real life” too - not on the internet. Said friend had a baby 6 months or so after Charlotte had Daisy and the baby was born with a cleft palate and Pierre Robin sequence too. My friend was obviously distraught - she didn’t have the past experience that Charlotte did with the condition and so was thrown completely into the deep end.

My friend’s friend knows Charlotte quite well and so attempted to connect the two - for the very reason Charlotte tries to justify her living: to give the two women the comfort and support of each other while navigating the paths of their poorly babies. My friend was delighted to not feel so alone, to have the opportunity to forge a relationship with someone who would know exactly how she was feeling and what she was going through. However, Charlotte rebuffed all attempts. She did not even acknowledge my friend’s situation or, it seems, consider that my friend could have helped her as much as Charlotte could have helped my friend.

My friend has since become heavily involved in a cleft palate society and has recommended Charlotte several times as someone with the journalism and social media skills who could help to boost the profile of the charity and make a real difference to those living with the condition. However Charlotte hasn’t taken up any of the offers to make such a worthwhile contribution.

So as you can imagine, yesterday’s self indulgent drama about Daisy’s hearing aids and/or grommets has riled me no end. My friend will tell you first hand that after seeing her child be fed and oxygenated through tubes and operated on before their first birthday something as “minor” as childhood hearing difficulties will instil no fear in her family. Why does Charlotte put it out there at all, certainly if she has no intention of following up the hundreds of vulnerable women whose trust she is exploiting online never mind in “real life”, unless for the sympathy that satisfies her own narcissistic desires or selfish financial gain? It is certainly not for the reasons she likes people to believe!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

BettyCrocker

VIP Member
It is sometimes called flexitime
Why doesn’t she just say he’s off on the Friday then? Instead of this 9 day fortnight nonsense!

“Mark is off today so he’s doing the school run”

instead of

“mark is on his 9 day fortnight, which is so lovely, and it means that because he’s on his 9 day fortnight he can do the school drop off today, which I’m so So grateful for, it’s so lovely of him, he’s on his 9 day fortnight so he’s able to do that for me and I know I’m so lucky to have that support and I don’t take it for granted, he’s such a great Dad, honestly, I’m so lucky. So he’s on his 9 day fortnight, which is really lovely.”

Arghhhhhhhh!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 20

37BBL

VIP Member
The gym video was a bit cringe tbh. I have no time for these vloggers who suggest how we can all squeeze in some me time and giving all these helpful suggestions about if we can sit and watch love island for an hour we can find an hour to go the gym. It isnt that easy charl hun, I have to leave the house by 8am and drop my two kids at nursery and morning club, I dont get home till 530 and hubby doesnt till 630. Once we have bathed and done bed time, there is no spare time. It's very easy to bleat on about how she is fitting this in but the reality is, it is no real struggle for her to go the gym because she doesnt have a actual job like the majority of us.
Winds me up, these morning routine videos they all do, piss off and try getting out the door for 8am looking semi presentable for work and remembering all the shite you have to cart out with you whilst trying to make sure your house is tidy and you've got something out the freezer for tea that evening. These vlogs they all do are not relatable one iota, tidying the kitchen so it's done for when they get back from the school run or putting a wash on so they can hang it out when they're back from the school run....honestly, I'm winning at life if I manage to clear the breakfast table before we leave.
Sorry for the rant there guys!!

Also, I am so sceptical of the product placement in that gym video. Sure and hussle....just seemed a bit ott the way they were included. X

• Heart
Reactions: 20

snickerdoodle

VIP Member
To be honest, as a former big fan of Charlotte, in the grand scheme of things and compared to other *cough* Meldrum *cough* vloggers she’s not really that bad. The problem for me is, I can’t stand the Channel Mum crew as they literally put out the exact same videos all at the same time, and clearly have to put out a certain ‘character’ for Channel Mum. She seems pretty harmless, but comes across as false. Her videos/insta posts are so repetitive that I know just from memory:

Wednesday is a busy day with both kids swimming and Daisy at ballet. Easy meal when Bill has jujitsu. On Fridays Mark works from home (and she loves it). Mark really loves those Nature Valley peanut bars. Daisy really loves brioche. Laundry. Laundry. LAUNDRY. Popping to Waitrose. Costa. She really, really loves the weekend. Mark’s at football.

Whilst I’m here and being petty, I can’t stand these Little House on the Prairie dresses she keeps wearing. Also, according to her daily cleaning video, Mark sometimes doesn’t get time to empty the dishwasher before he goes to work. Erm, what?! Get up 5mins earlier and help your girlfriend out, man!

• Haha
Reactions: 19

Charmed40

Chatty Member
Ok so this is a typical garden day in my life! 2 kids, soaked from the pool and me trying to catch some sun. Kids splash fucking everywhere, all over the windows and washing. One kid runs in and out traipsing bloody grass and mud and slips cuts his head open. Other kid gets burnt and moans for the rest of the day. To end this glorious day they have a full on fight, leave the garden and muggings has to clean up, bath the kids etc etc. I wish I had Charlotte's perfect life i really do! No one is that bloody perfect surely?! 😫🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Mable93

Just seen charlotte Taylor has been gifted a holiday to France. Her post starts with #AdGifted, and she actually says what is gifted (flights and accommodation,everything else they apparently pay for themselves. )

I appreciate she's declared it properly, and I know she's one of the better YouTubers for declaring etc, but for some reason I'm really jealous 🤦‍♀️ Id love to go away but we are so skint with doing the house up that we just can't afford it any time soon 😭😂
Someone make me feel better please?!
Maybe give me a slap?!
It’s a fucking joke!! Nearly all the influencers I follow have been on gifted/ad holidays the past few weeks , hard working people who have actual real life jobs can’t afford it but these company’s throw them out to “influencers” like it’s a bag of sweets!
It’s getting ridiculous now an I’m finding the whole thing with insta mums even less relatable because if we wana go on holiday we have to save to do so like most people! 👊🏻✊🏻

Reactions: 16
To be honest, I see nothing wrong with daisy using a buggies at 3, especially on holidays.
Let's not shame others for parenting choices.

I agree, I feel a bit cheated (not sure if it's the right word?!) About the holiday, the fact she never said anything about it at all, then just one day "oh #adgifted- we're going on holiday"

It's a bit like she knows it will piss people off being gifted a holiday, but by not saying anything beforehand just makes her look more shady tbh.

Queenie

VIP Member
50k has been hit, cue the over emotional soppy posts
Oh god no. 🙄 "What, lil ole me?" "So, so blessed" "Wow, thank you for allowing me to be a stay at home dogsbody, Stepford Wife (actually, not a wife, as Mark will never put a ring on it)" "So so grateful" "I never take it for granted" "You've made it all possible" "Thank you Mark for being in my life even though you treat our home like a hotel" "Who'd have thought when I was a young (not so young, in my 20s actually) single mum (not so single actually with Mark waiting in the wings) struggling with a small baby that I'd have come so so far".
Vomit inducing. 🤢

• Haha
We need a Charlotte bingo.

- mark works from home on a Friday
-she really really fancies mark
- drums her nails on something she's showing us
- she gets milk and eggs from her milk man but bought "extra" this week
-footage of the washing machine going with some romantic music over it

Let me know if I've forgotten anything 😂

• Haha

Yoyolady

Chatty Member
I used to work for a parenting forum and anytime there was sponsored branded work to be done we’d chuck it over to old Charl as we knew she would literally do ANYTHING for ANY fee.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

EmCheese

VIP Member
Tbh as someone who is heavier myself, I don’t tell people when I’m dieting because I don’t want the outside pressure. She doesn’t have to make it public if she doesn’t want to 🤷🏼‍♀️

She’s getting excited because she can hang her washingbout?? She is odd
To be fair, I just skipped up the garden to hang mine out 🤣🤣 something about seeing washing on the line makes me feel like I've got my shit together!

I'm a bit on the fence about talking about her body to be honest...
She puts herself online, so she's always going to get comments on it, whereas in real life no one would ever say it to her because it's just not necessary or kind.
When she was doing slimming world and actively showing her body etc then yeah, fair game comment away.
However, I feel like observations like "She's a pear shape and carries her weight on the bottom so should wear xyz"-----> absolutely fine

Comments such as "She's got fat ankles and a massive lard arse"----> not fine.

But hey, it is a trash forum so 🤷

snickerdoodle

VIP Member
She also said ‘as parents we do it all for our kids’
- what, broadcast every tiny detail about their personal lives, health and home address for literally ANYONE to see all over the internet? I wouldn’t do that for any amount of money or free shit.

Her new vlog is a food haul and she says at the start “I’ve worked with Tesco before but I’ve paid for this myself......just telling you all this because you have to play by the rules”

🤣🤣love her! Was that a tiny wee dig at Reb!

Also Mark made dinner yesterday 🥳
She says this at the beginning of every food haul. To be fair to our Charl, she is a good egg for declaring Ads and previous relationships, can't fault her for that. I don't think even Katie Ellison is as good at it as char.
I Just can't abide Meldrum, I'd rather listen to Charlotte romanticise a 4 hours story about how she put the washing machine on, than listen to meldrum for a single minute.

• Heart
  • Haha