Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I'm always conscious of the green-eyed monster when looking critically at influencer posts. However, her latest posts about her Christmas in California has just really made me realise just how frankly tone-deaf the influencer industry is and how it can't possibly survive long term.

We are nearly two years into a pandemic. People have lost loved ones, jobs, been apart from those who they wish to be with. Everything is more stressful and hard. This aspirational content is just so jarring. Who is this inspiring? Who is feeling good about consuming this content? I know I'm not.

This coupled with the frankly borderline unethical way things are not declared, as well as the whole sham that is a membership subscription service for vulnerable people who aren't being offered any qualified support or help outside of a pay wall has finished her off for me. Finally unfollowing.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
You can have the thread title for free but I’ll now be charging you all £19.99 per month to continue seeing my comments. @snoopyboop you can pay just £14.99 as you gave us ‘The Con Corner’.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

Eurgh

VIP Member
She's a plus size account though. It's not really fair to criticise her for being fat.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
I know loads of us have put on weight over lockdown but wow, her and Dani have ballooned.
Excuse you! Callie has been working flat out on the Con Corner, hardly a moment to herself, yoga several times a day, bike rides, swimming in ponds, only eating vegetables from her personal farmers market.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22

Blahblah93

VIP Member
She’s deeply unhappy, so so deeply unhappy and it’s purely because of her weight but she won’t admit it and just do something about it. She’s so caught up in this dreadful body positivity eat ourselves to death movement, she’s neglecting her chances of having a baby, being happy and growing older with no health complications. She’s just so in denial, it’s horrible to watch at this point.
She shares her “healthy ad filled fridge” in hopes that she can keep this sustainable, veggie, farmers market going, low energy costs act up… callie, you have a hot tub, you eat copious amounts of food and buy takeaways all day. You are not saving the planet anytime soon sis. Have a day off.
Not everyone wants a baby? Baby doesn't equal happiness. 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think that's how it looks but he makes her rely on him, typical controlling behavior. I can imagine he's quite critical of her behind the scenes. Just from observations, I'm going to call Dan out on being a narcissist (personal opinion).
CA7F97F9-8D12-4680-8C4F-1B1AAF71DF88.png

All he’s ever done is build a bit of furniture out of scrap wood and do all the skiv work round the house, this horror movie plot twist is not for me 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Uploading a long lens snap of two unsuspecting naked people on holiday without their consent is just not the one hun. Like what on earth is she thinking? Can you imagine the uproar if she thought someone had taken a picture of her and Dan without her consent- even if they weren't even naked? We would never hear the end of it!!!!

Literally baffled!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

RomancingRainbows

So basically she's leaving because she didn't fit in a chair...just say that instead of dressing it up as being 'uncomfortable'. I'd have such a lot more respect for her if she was just brutally honest. I was 33st at my biggest and all I ever thought when I went places was shit will I fit...even after losing a shit tonne of wait it is still imprinted in my brain to worry. She should be honest about this

Reactions: 17

RomancingRainbows

I unfollowed Callie ages ago, during lockdown when she insisted on shilling her granddad and complaining about her money woes whilst buying bikes, pizza ovens and whatever else (probs gifted but still). This latest venture is actually disgusting. Surely it's morally wrong at the very least...neither are qualified in the slightest apart from being plus size. I'm plus size and these are the last pair of idiots I would look up to and aspire to be. They are already proven liars.

• Heart
I don’t know what people think they’re paying for. It’s not as if Callie is the most eloquent or educated on fat issues. She just reposts from more intelligent influencers. She’s not confident, as she has confessed herself, seems to be out of touch with plus size fashion and only posts on insta to bring us a new ad every few days. Why, with her as the face of this, would people have any confidence in quality content?

• Heart
It’s the nothing comes free in life for me… 😂😂 this coming from the queen of bagging herself freebies and she has the nerve to say that! Callie your entire existence is based on freebies and being paid to promote them 😂😂
The first sentence is very “stop being poor” 😂

For context I’ve worked in subscriptions so get it, it’s a challenging market and even if you’re a smaller/nicher player you’re always going to get compared to the big boys like the Netflixes, Disneys, or Spotifys who are making losses or burning through VC cash which not every business can afford to do. So completely get that, but the way to mitigate that is really show its value rather than basically saying eh it’s not a lot for some people???!!

You can tell influencers haven’t had real world jobs because they write and run businesses like young teens :(

ETA - omg NOTHING COMES FOR FREE 😂 the difficult thing is that actually a LOT of online content is “free” but ad supported and it’s a well established mechanism that a lot of consumers are happy with. A new release hardback is only a quid more than her subscription and you’re telling me comparative levels of work have gone into each…? 😬 yikes!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

AllGreyEverything

Sorry late to the party on the con corner chat. It's a ridiculous price. I joined the 5 day challenge thing Facebook group, purely out of nosey-ness. I didn't actually watch any of the events or anything that they did. Had a look at some of the group posts. Was mostly women chatting amongst each other. I'm surprised no one made their own spin off group to be able to keep chatting to each other.

There is 2.8k members in that group but they did say they would be closing that down. In all honesty I think they missed a trick. If they made it more affordable, say £5 p/month, more people probably would have signed up. People seemed shocked at the price.

I laughed when I saw they were looking to hire someone. It's not even been up & running a month & they are trying to fob it off on someone. Probably for a shit wage aswell because of all the ExPeRiEnCe you will be getting.

Confidence corner membership is listed on companies House so keep your eyes peeled for accounts. Will be a long wait but if you are petty like me you will look 🤣

• Heart

JimmyJamJar

Chatty Member
Her bio made me laugh earlier, “London life” she never leaves the bloody house… doesn’t work, doesn’t commute or get out and about in the city. She is a fraud

• Haha
  • Heart
Her mate DV had landed her in it with the posts again. Callie’s all fruit and water and DV shows them scoffing massive cakes in the hot tub and drinking rum slush, not the first time she’s done that to her 😂

• Haha
  • Wow