Callie Thorpe #4 The Con Corner, enabling Callie to make money standing on her head

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No she has said before it's 'their' car but she doesn't drive- DanandI has to do all the driving. Another example of being lazy and entitled. just learn to drive and go and pick Granch up yourself ffs!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
What have him moaning, demanding etc. Some holiday that would be.

Not for us it isn’t!!!
I am sure he would just be fine in a deckchair around the pool. She's always using him after all and it's not like she needed holidays to rest or recover from working hard.

Reactions: 3
So basically she's leaving because she didn't fit in a chair...just say that instead of dressing it up as being 'uncomfortable'. I'd have such a lot more respect for her if she was just brutally honest. I was 33st at my biggest and all I ever thought when I went places was tit will I fit...even after losing a tit tonne of wait it is still imprinted in my brain to worry. She should be honest about this

Reactions: 17
So basically she's leaving because she didn't fit in a chair...just say that instead of dressing it up as being 'uncomfortable'. I'd have such a lot more respect for her if she was just brutally honest. I was 33st at my biggest and all I ever thought when I went places was tit will I fit...even after losing a tit tonne of wait it is still imprinted in my brain to worry. She should be honest about this
There are chairs that I fit in but they are not comfortable, for example the folding camping chairs, I can fit it in fine but the metal frame bruises my legs. I can see her point, why pay to sit in a walk way on an uncomfortable seat?

Reactions: 4
Absolutely a fair point. And my interpretation is possibly wrong, as it's just my interpretation going from past stories of hers etc. Maybe, clarification would be helpful...would Dan and I also have been uncomfortable? Or would Callie have just been uncomfortable as she is plus size?

There are chairs that I fit in but they are not comfortable, for example the folding camping chairs, I can fit it in fine but the metal frame bruises my legs. I can see her point, why pay to sit in a walk way on an uncomfortable seat?

Reactions: 1
Absolutely a fair point. And my interpretation is possibly wrong, as it's just my interpretation going from past stories of hers etc. Maybe, clarification would be helpful...would Dan and I also have been uncomfortable? Or would Callie have just been uncomfortable as she is plus size?
Yeah I see what you mean. To be fair, Dan is tall and not exactly slender so surely he would have been uncomfortable too, but it is the Callie show after all.

Reactions: 1
Maybe, clarification would be helpful...would Dan and I also have been uncomfortable? Or would Callie have just been uncomfortable as she is plus size?
She is clear on that. She says -

“The final straw was the seat was not plus size friendly at all. They were camp-style chairs and I just knew I would be uncomfortable sat in them...”

She then goes on to say -

“It can be embarrassing to be somewhere and feel uncomfortable or in physical pain due to seats/spaces...”

And I completely agree with her on that. When you’re a bigger person you do have to take things like seating and space between tables etc in a restaurant into consideration. I try to scope restaurants and their seating out online before even considering going there because the last thing I want is to feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.

I’ve squeezed my ass into a too tight seat for dinner with friends before (it was a last minute to decision to go and so no chance to scope beforehand) and had bruises on my thighs the next day, it’s not fun, going out to dinner should never be painful.

Reactions: 6
The thing is "plus size friendly" doesn't exist (except in the USA for sociological reasons, or rare other places?). It's just your luck.

Edit : I am talking about amenities (not taste for plus size people 🤣)

Last edited:
I did roll my eyes at the line, 'there was a big line to just to get in which got me all flustered' (I say that as someone who had to queue to get into a restaurant which refused bookings at the weekend).

I understand why she left, re seating, although imagine most of what she complained about - parking and queuing, was readily available information when she decided to book it as it is 'extremely popular'.

Reactions: 2
I totally understand why she left, as I said before I've been in the situation and am by no means in the clear size why to avoid it in the future. I think my problem is, a lot of the time she complete ignores any issues arising from size etc when she could be much more upfront and honest which would help such a lot of people.
I just think the bopo community as a whole could be much more open about this.
I do think it's difficult to ensure there are chairs to fit everybody...and I say this as a women who until very recently was a size 32 (and that was in stretchy clothes). Everybody would have to be on benches too fully ensure it surely? I just don't know really...sometimes I think yes everybody should be catered for and then other times I think surely that's impossible all the time?
This is a whole lot of waffle so please excuse me 🤣

She is clear on that. She says -

“The final straw was the seat was not plus size friendly at all. They were camp-style chairs and I just knew I would be uncomfortable sat in them...”

She then goes on to say -

“It can be embarrassing to be somewhere and feel uncomfortable or in physical pain due to seats/spaces...”

And I completely agree with her on that. When you’re a bigger person you do have to take things like seating and space between tables etc in a restaurant into consideration. I try to scope restaurants and their seating out online before even considering going there because the last thing I want is to feel uncomfortable or embarrassed.

I’ve squeezed my ass into a too tight seat for dinner with friends before (it was a last minute to decision to go and so no chance to scope beforehand) and had bruises on my thighs the next day, it’s not fun, going out to dinner should never be painful.
I totally agree with her too...it's just she barely ever mentions issues like this along with other plus size influencers. I'm actually surprised she has this time. I've often seen people commenting that she could talk more about the logistics of travelling as a plus size person e.g. plane seats, seatbelts extenders and such like.

Wonder if they would have left if it had been a gifted meal?! Press trip or whatever bollocks she normally comes out with?!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I've often seen people commenting that she could talk more about the logistics of travelling as a plus size person e.g. plane seats, seatbelts extenders and such like.
She's supposed to talk about that but you have to subscribe to the Con Corner. It was in the list.

Wonder if they would have left if it had been a gifted meal?! Press trip or whatever bollocks she normally comes out with?!
This !!!!! We have discussed this on here a few times about how she NEVER gives any constructive criticism/ feedback because all her trips are freebies so there is no way she will say anything negative to impact her being invited on more free trips ...and that is mostly why I have a massive issue with liking her ! Her greed completely overshadows everything she does..the orient express trip for example, does she honestly expect us to believe that someone who is at least a size 28 had zero issues on a fancy train? Another free trip that she gave a glowing review too but no way was that the reality! She's fake!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
She's supposed to talk about that but you have to subscribe to the Con Corner. It was in the list.
Which also sucks...so basically she'll talk about it now she's being paid to by subscribers but before she set up the Con Corner she barely, if at all, mentioned it 🤷‍♀️

This !!!!! We have discussed this on here a few times about how she NEVER gives any constructive criticism/ feedback because all her trips are freebies so there is no way she will say anything negative to impact her being invited on more free trips ...and that is mostly why I have a massive issue with liking her ! Her greed completely overshadows everything she does..the orient express trip for example, does she honestly expect us to believe that someone who is at least a size 28 had zero issues on a fancy train? Another free trip that she gave a glowing review too but no way was that the reality! She's fake!
This is the exact point I was trying to make but you've made it much more eloquently! She's never disgusts the logistics of being plus size during all her freebies.

Reactions: 3
I really agree that if she was more open about these sorts of challenges it would be something she could really use to her advantage. But agree that if there is a PR trip involved she doesn't or won't which perpetuates the perception she isn't authentic which is what influencers desperately try to be!

I will say that anyone can see in the restaurant's Instagram page what the chairs are like. I am absolutely not suggesting it's not hard if you are big and have to check these things constantly. It's probably even more the case for those with disabilities and accessibility issues. But I will say she could have seen this might have been a problem beforehand.

I really agree that if she was more open about these sorts of challenges it would be something she could really use to her advantage. But agree that if there is a PR trip involved she doesn't or won't which perpetuates the perception she isn't authentic which is what influencers desperately try to be!

I will say that anyone can see in the restaurant's Instagram page what the chairs are like. I am absolutely not suggesting it's not hard if you are big and have to check these things constantly. It's probably even more the case for those with disabilities and accessibility issues. But I will say she could have seen this might have been a problem beforehand.
Sure we would have had a montage of the ‘delicious’ food that was so ‘flavourful’ along with some wanky music and a grinning Dan&I if it had been free but she didn’t need to post so it’s not an ad but it is.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.