Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Listerfiend

Chatty Member
How interesting 🤔 free holiday and Callie’s ability to get up, dressed and leave the house has come back! I’m guessing her anxiety and depression took a separate holiday from the free one she took!

‘I loved learning that aside of supporting local charities like this Plymouth Gin....’

No Callie you didn’t ‘love learning’ that at all 🙄 that’s just basic copy you needed to write for your free holiday and considering this is your ‘job’ you didn’t even write the copy well - ‘that aside of supporting’ - it’s ‘aside FROM supporting’. It’s only a small thing but come on, you’re doing the bare minimum to justify the freebie, at least get the basic copy right!

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Hereforthehottea

VIP Member
I’m overweight and terrified of catching covid even though I’m double vaccinated. Thought Con Cal said she was also scared? Only when it involves day to day responsibilities and not when sitting on an aeroplane?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Maybe she should get a part time job or volunteer. Have some purpose in her life, something to get up for, be relied upon. Maybe that might help get out of a very vicious cycle.
Agree completely. I don’t think full time influencing has been good for any of the plus crowd, it’s been such a slow demise across the board but they’re all suffering for it? Competing with your peers / mates for #sponcon can’t be good for you, having to monetise your vulnerabilities and mental health, and the worst of all is it facilitates a VERY sedentary lifestyle plus a lot of free time to fill so it’s not surprising that binge eating disorders run rife. I don’t believe in diet culture, nor do I believe dieting works, but since this group of women started wfh full time a few years ago they’ve gone from size 18-24 to size 30+. The scariest example being Grace Victory.

I don’t understand why callie doesn’t give it all away and go get a job and get herself on track
None of them could earn a quarter of what they do influencing in the traditional job market. I can’t name an influencer that had a decent career beforehand (happy/intrigued to be corrected there!) in something that actually requires a skill set. They’re trapped & doomed to be miserable.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

hiya_hun

VIP Member
There’s just something that doesn’t sit right with me at all when people charge for courses or whatever to help people’s mental health.... when they have zero qualifications

For a little bit more money, people could have an actual therapy session with a professional. Whilst also having community support within the countless free groups out there.

I think Callie wants all this behind a paid wall so she doesn’t have to put herself out there on Insta anymore. But that kind of defeats the object of this community being about confidence.

• Heart

Listerfiend

Chatty Member
It’s not the fact she’s overlooked, it’s the fact she portrays her place in a very different light! Con Cal strikes again.
She’s shown her garden before and how overlooked they are. She’s also mentioned that they live in a ground floor flat before as well.

“I feel a bit different about Instagram lately...”

Could that be because you’re getting paid as such to share content and show up in the Confidence Corners private group, whereas on your own public platform you don’t?

I will agree with Callie on her next point, she doesn’t seem to offer anything of worth or content when she does post BUT is that an issue? To most people who post on Instagram I’d say no but if you only view Instagram as a tool to make money etc then yes it would be a problem. The fact that it makes her feel anxious when she isn’t posting what she deems ‘worthwhile content’ read-adverts, stuff that makes her money etc says a lot. She needs to take a step back from the ‘influencing’ and just learn to be herself again and post inane stuff that isn’t advertising, that isn’t free gifted shit and that doesn’t have an ulterior motive.

She then goes on to say she’s been struggling personally lately with how she’s been feeling and never wants come on Instagram and fake it. She seems to constantly be battling with her mental health, which isn’t good and whatever she is doing or does to help with that obviously doesn’t work because it’s been an extended time now that she’s been struggling with it. It worries me that she doesn’t want to fake it on Instagram but she’s happy to charge people and offer them ‘guidance’ on the Confidence Corner membership. She should not be offering anyone any type of help, guidance or even suggestions around body confidence, mental health, self esteem etc etc because it’s obvious she struggles with it herself so much.

This kind of ‘wellness’ influencing that the Confidence Corner is now promoting (and charging for!) into really needs to be regulated in some way. You have these ‘Instagram Influencers’ out there charging vulnerable people money and offering them advice and guidance with absolutely NO training themselves. It’s not okay.

• Heart

leoni

Not to keep bringing up this, but just sort of have something to add about the discussions about her fertility / weight. I am happy to see some of you standing up for her. She does actually say in the article I'll link at the bottom, that she wants to start a family, but I also think everything else she says is pretty important because I empathise with her. I don't really know whether or not her wanting a family makes a difference if the logic you preach is her "happiness."

I appreciate that it might seem clear that she would be more comfortable at a lower weight, she has never seemed quite as confident or happy at her size as other plus-size influencers, but I think what divides some of us is whether or not that itself is worth criticising. If anything, I kind of appreciate her honesty at times about embracing who you are, but given we live in a fatphobic society, I wish more plus-size influencers would admit that most of us don't want to be this way- it sucks. Society treats us as sub-human because we're fat.

Even if losing weight would solve all her problems (we know better though, it wouldn't), it's just not that easy, is it? I genuinely believe, given my own experience, nobody in the world chooses to be fat- at best, we just accept it because tackling eating disorders, dopamine addictions, trauma, compulsions and so on isn't easy, regardless of your resources. It does feel like some of you on here are just finding ways around hating a fat person, like her weight is just low-hanging fruit to you. It's okay for people to show their prideful, "good" moments in life, unless it comes to the food they're eating? It's okay for her to show the meals she's proud of making and eating, and not the stuff she isn't- thin people do this too, it's just all of a sudden a fat person eating a vegetable is conspicuous enough to ask questions, questions that are maybe not that important.

If you want to judge her on the basis of her being fat, whatever, but don't reframe it as 'she's holding her happiness back.' Nobody would do this intentionally, you really are just finding a workaround criticising her weight, and I'm sure enough people in her life haven't already done that!

• Heart

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
Can someone tell me what the confidence corner actually does?? Eyebrows is always on about how busy she is with it, inbetween holidays, drinking & online dating. Callie rarely talks about it, disappears for weeks until theirs a freebie event or get away...what are people paying for?!
That is the million dollar question and I think easily answered.....

People are paying to fund 2 incredibly lazy and dishonest women's lifestyles.....!!!

Reactions: 14

Spec

I just do not understand what it's supposed to offer. At all. Two completely unqualified randoms from instagram tell you how to... do what? What IS the product or service? It's just a load of nothing, dangerously uninformed nothing.

• Heart

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
I just don't understand why there is no legislation in place to protect people from this kind of very clever scam. They have chosen a very vulnerable group of women to target and are now taking money off them based on promises and maybes.

These type of chat sessions they are setting up, there is no professional present, just a whole load of people off loading their woes and really receiving no real proper help in return. It would be like going to a group therapy session and the professional trained experts leaving the room and all you are left with are people who unwell trying to find answers!

And the fact they are taking soo much money off people who are clearly desperate for help is beyond immoral and disgusting.

Bagpuss7

VIP Member
PSA - con corner membership scam is open for business again Monday so if any of you guys feel the need to get ripped off by a couple of unqualified jokers offering advice on how to have a life as dysfunctional as Callie Thorpes nows your chance!

Can not believe they have the brass neck to try and fleece more vulnerable women!

• Angry
  • Haha
We’ll i

Callie wants a baby but she knows her body can’t carry a child healthily.
I know that a baby doesn’t equal happiness, trust me, I KNOW THAT. that’s a reason why I don’t have children yet and won’t have them unless I really want to.

But in this case, it’s different. She’s not NOT doing it because she doesn’t want to, she’s not doing it because she can’t. Simple.
Sorry but if you’re her mate or acquaintance and she’s trusted you with this info it’s really quite vile to be sharing it here.

Tbh fertility is such a highly triggering subject for so many people that it feels insensitive to be speculating on it for anyone, she provides us with enough undeclared ads and an active subscription scam to comment on that we don’t need to do this?

• Heart
  • Haha

larabrn

Fucking hell at Callie trying to influence us to buy a shampoo based on her 80-odd-year-old grandad’s skin issues. 😂 Honestly you couldn’t make this shit up.

It’ll be Waitrose prunes next because they cleared up Granch’s constipation.

• Haha

Anon879

The amount she wasted last summer on pizza ovens, hot tubs and whatever else, she could have paid for him to go to see someone privately and he would have been seen by now. But then she wouldn’t have had anything to moan about I suppose

sadoldtroll

Chatty Member
Callie “I’m just filled with anxiety, I mean what if they have my address..”
also Callie: posting this to over 250k followers

• Haha
  • Heart

Minkel

Chatty Member
Is she seriously moaning that granch has to wait to see a dermatologist?? People have died because they cant get treatment for illnesses because of the pandemic...that we are still in! Is she really that shocked waiting lists are so long. She is so fucking annoying!!! Obvs poor granch but poor thousands of other people too who are awaiting treatments! Myself included!

• Heart

Bugalugs

So the ‘Woodland dinner’ was “expensive and not worth the money”. I bet if it had been a PR/AD it would have been AMAZING! Funny how when these things are being paid for out of their own pockets there’s a more truthful element……(she’s probably also trying to get a refund of some kind 😡)

• Heart
Reactions: 13