Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Aude

VIP Member
Really interesting question. What age is everyone roughly? And when did you start to take skincare seriously? And did you wish you had started earlier? I’m early forties, started in my late thirties. Not super regimental but deifnitely dip into using my ufo and luma. I have good face tone (and good genes tbh) but I’m beginning to feel bad about my neck! And last one… anyone have any good preventable neck advice for me? 🙏
I'm nearly 70 (always feel surprised saying that) and took skincare seriously from my very early teens. I know I'm unusual in that regard. I just had the horror of getting to look the way women looked at 40 (or even 30) in those days. There were no great older women role models as there are today.

I always kept up with the latest information about skincare including, crucially, the information about the link between UV and skin aging. I have a clear memory of buying my first sunscreen in Boots when I was about 14 and all that was available was a thick white cream, kept behind the counter in the pharmacy section, for people who had a medical allergy to sun. Also countless memories of sitting around the pool with friends and being the only one wearing sunscreen and a hat. I'm always surprised when beauty journalist like Nadine Baggot say they didn't know until the 1980s or 90s that the sun caused visible skin aging. In knew in the 1960s. And, yes, I do feel smug about it!

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Georgethecat

VIP Member
Received my new RF sensilift mini today, excited to try this out. My order was meant to arrive with 1 100 ml bottle of CB RF gel but arrived with 5, and a little cotton dust bag as well. All for £139 , I feel like I've got a good deal on this as they are advertising 5 bottles at a price of £99 and one bottle is meant to be worth £30 on its own.
9569DC73-B3CD-41C6-A168-A87D33FBEE3F.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Shineyshine

VIP Member
I used my UFO with a rose mask last night, did the treatment twice, massaged in the rest of the serum that was left on my face and neck then did nothing else. Went to bed. Took a night off the tretinoin. Bearing in mind my skin is pretty dry at the moment, from the tretinoin. This morning when I got up my skin was still moisturised, plump and glowing. No dry patches, no peeling patches. Nothing. It was wonderful!

I didn’t bother cleansing as I didn’t want to strip my skin and undo the benefits or look of it. I just applied some moisturiser and spf on top.
Next time I’ll get up earlier and do the mask in the morning so there’s at least a chance someone else might see my face 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 14

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Okay, as part of 'deep research', I purchased all three varieties of the sheet masks. I didn't buy any masks in the sale so that's how I justified it! And taking one for the team

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Whatliesbeneath

VIP Member
Bit late to this thread, i invested in nuface mini and the results are great, cheeks are lifted and my jawline is more defined very impressed

• Heart

pheonixrises

I’ve convinced my husband to part with his credit card. Bought the current body Led mask, UFO 2 mask and got the free Luna and used the 20 pound off code. Ordered day before yesterday after reading and lurking on this thread over the last few days. Came to £458 all together and is my birthday present. I’ve wanted to invest into my skincare so now my birthday is coming up I’ve taken the gamble. Ive also had some vouchers to use so ordered the masks elsewhere. Got three different ones plus the Foreo serum. Thanks for all the fabulous info on this thread x

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I tried the Manuka Honey sheet mask last night. It was a regular sheet mask and you just work the UFO over it for 2 minutes, like the regular smart masks it has a programme on the app. Otherwise you can leave it on for 20 minutes

Honest thoughts are that this was no different to any other sheet mask and I wasn't wowed by it in the same way as the smart masks. I'll be sticking with the smart masks

Reactions: 12

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
So my UFO 2 arrived this morning!

my tech-obsessed partner was very intrigued and has even asked me if he can use it one day 😂

My initial reaction was just how lovely it feels, especially when the heat comes on! I enjoyed playing around with it and working it all out.

Just now my partner and his friend who are in the garden said my skin looked incredible and even more youthful than normal 😂 they know I’m well into my skincare so I think for them to have noticed, it must be quite significant. I did also use my Magnitone Lift Off this morning as per usual, and I’ve gone up a level on that so I think that gets some credit too.

I am thrilled you guys talked me into it, so thank you so much! Gratefully receiving ideas of any other gadgets I need to get now, although I have to admit I won’t buy anything that’s too much of a faff because I know I just won’t use it.

• Heart

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Last night I had an awful stomach ache so after soaking in the bath I got into bed and used the Dennis Gross LED body on my stomach with the 14 minute pain relief setting and then I used the 3 minute LED on my chest. My stomach feels fine today, I've no idea if the pain relief setting contributed to that but I will say that the LED light did feel super relaxing and it's supposed to help with inflammation so perhaps it did do something? Either way, it's early days but I like it so far

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
I had botox and fillers this week. I can see a difference already. The biggest difference is in my chin. I had botox for the dimples and scrunching and now it is just flat and smooth. I had filler in the area at the side of my chin through a canula which has made a huge difference to my profile (I was starting to look a bit jowly in that area). She also injected a small amount of filler to the side and just above my lips. It has made my lips look fuller. She said it was like providing scaffolding under my skin so it looks better from the outside. I am really pleased with the results so far.

I then asked about some other procedures which she flat out refused to do as I didnt need them, which shows she is ethical.

• Heart

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Decided to go for the UFO 2 in the end and got a good deal off Current Body. Bought the UFO2 and a pack of Youth Junkie masks and got a Luna Fofo for free.

I’m excited!!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Aude

VIP Member
I'm still using my NuFace about 5x week. I have two NuFace Minis and do both sides of my lower face and then neck at the same time. I always do it when I'm watching something on screen - I couldn't just do it without something to engage me. I feel very content with the way I look these days (hope that doesn't sound odd) and NuFace is definitely part of the reason.

I'm also still using my LED face mask and neck/chest mask (I've got the CurrentBody versions). About 3x week. I can't say that I can attribute any particular benefit to using it but I am convinced that it does some good.

I also like my UFO2 but it hasn't found a regular place in my routine. I use it in the morning on days when I want to look my best - I think it makes my skin look plumper and fresher - but not sure how it fits in elsewhere. (I use Tretinoin at night and think it's probably best left on its own, although I occasionally use an overnight mask over it.)

@TheSilverFox you may of course not want to go down this route, but Botox works brilliantly for forehead wrinkles.

• Heart

rosemarina

VIP Member
I don’t know Angie, I must look her up.

I’ve been making more of an effort with my NuFace, and have been doing a longer routine most evenings for a while now, and I swear its actually doing something! My jawline is much less slack, and I *think* my cheekbones are coming through a bit. (I basically look like a potato so this is as good as it gets.)

I have also recently lost half a stone, so that could be contributing, but I’m not quite as despairing as I was a couple of months ago. I hope everybody else is doing ok.

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
Just did the Glow Addict mask with my UFO. My skin looks like glass! I am utterly OBSESSED and I cannot thank the wonderful posters of this thread enough! I think this is going to be my go-to before an event.

In other news I am eyeing up a Sensilift thanks to you lot... any reviews?!
I've had a couple of events this week and my pre-event routine has been Nuface followed by UFO Make My Day mask followed by 90 seconds UFO cryotherapy. I don't think I've ever looked better.

• Heart

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
Feel like I need to report that I went for a walk today with no make-up on for the first time since I was a teenager :oops: Going to do an açai berry mask now to celebrate this momentous occasion.

• Heart

mindlessness

VIP Member
Damn this UFO mask chat has me looking at maybe pordering some Acai masks. Seriously tattle influences me more than anywhere else these days :ROFLMAO:

Reader, I ordered two boxes of mask - Acai and Green Tea.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Was feeling pretty miserable last night (various life reasons I won’t go into) so decided to treat myself and buy an LED mask.

I went for the Light Salon one as my friend has it and has seen good results, and it’s softer than the Current Body one - I saw Hot & Flashy say that one sits far from her face and leaves marks on her nose.

Anyway, I shall report back! Think I might be addicted to skin care tools now 😂