Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh I haven’t tried the manuka honey one yet. I really like the aforementioned acai berry and the Youth Junkie the best. I quite like the green tea one too, and the Glow Addict.

Agree on the hydrating one, it’s my least fave so far. I don’t think I’ll repurchase that one.

Reactions: 2
Which UFO do you all use? Currentbody have a summer sale on - I'm tempted. Shouldn't really get the UFO2 right now (down from £249 to £244) but would I regret it if I got the regular one which is currently £135 (from £169)? Is the 2 worth the extra money?? Have already discounted the mini. There is a Nuface offer on too if anyone is about to get one of those.

Reactions: 1
No you won't regret the original UFO- that's the one I originally had and would still be using but I got a UFO2 as a birthday present! You can't go wrong with the original, there isn't a massive difference really

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Check if John Lewis still has the UFO2 on for the price of the UFO. A couple of people here bought the 2 that way.

Edit: they must have realised the mistake at JL now as it’s no longer on at that price. but SkinCity has the 2 down to £196 at the moment if anybody’s looking.

Check if John Lewis still has the UFO2 on for the price of the UFO. A couple of people here bought the 2 that way.

Edit: they must have realised the mistake at JL now as it’s no longer on at that price. but SkinCity has the 2 down to £196 at the moment if anybody’s looking.
Ah, too late for me, I have already ordered it now. But thank you :)

Reactions: 2
Ah, too late for me, I have already ordered it now. But thank you :)
I know you’ve already ordered, but just to add to the positive comments on the original ufo, that’s the one I went for too due to the price difference and it’s amazing! I wouldn’t be without it now.

Damn this UFO mask chat has me looking at maybe pordering some Acai masks. Seriously tattle influences me more than anywhere else these days :ROFLMAO:

Reader, I ordered two boxes of mask - Acai and Green Tea.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I haven’t used my UFO for a few weeks! Been trying to keep on top of my NuFace which I enjoy doing on an evening. Feel like it makes my skincare sink in more?!

I also want an LED mask but I can’t afford one atm. Potential Christmas present…

Akaik Current Body will price match. They have it on their site under faq if memory serves.
Thanks - I will check that out and email them if I spy it cheaper elsewhere - will have another quick look around online.

I haven’t used my UFO for a few weeks! Been trying to keep on top of my NuFace which I enjoy doing on an evening. Feel like it makes my skincare sink in more?!

I also want an LED mask but I can’t afford one atm. Potential Christmas present…
What skincare do you apply underneath the gel? Just wondering what is ok to put under it. I just use the Nuface gel and I massage it in then go to bed a bit sticky till it fully sinks in but I haven't been putting anything on first...maybe I should start with a serum or something? I haven't tried putting anything over the top as assumed it would be so diluted by the gel if you see what I mean. I did have a spell of using aloe vera, then rinsing it off (as it dries so tight on my face) so I would use serum/retinol then moisturiser afterwards. I think the Nuface gel does make my skin quite nice and hydrated (and is less messy than the AV) but probably ought to be using something anti ageing/brightening as well I suppose on the nights I use the NuFace (normally about 5 out of 7).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
@MinnnieMouse, I just use the Nuface gel when using the device and wipe off any excess afterwards apply my normal skincare. You should be ok to use any water-based serum/lotion when using the Nuface but reckon this would be quite wasteful/expensive depending on the skincare used as you’d need to apply quite a lot to allow for sufficient wetness for the device to glide over. Although I like the Nuface gel when using the device I get spots from hyaluronic acid hence why I wipe it after use.

Re LED masks, I bought and sold the Current Body LED face mask as I found the level of brightness affecting my eyes in a bad way. Instead I got their handheld ones which is much nicer (and cheaper) to use, I tend to do 20 mins when watching TV in the evening 2-3 times a week.

I’ve also been using RF for face and the below one is available for £100 if you do a google search. I alternate using it with the Nuface. Takes 10 min to use.

The Foreo anti-spot one is amazing if you are spot-prone and I love the UFO 2 as well. I am not allowed any more devices!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Do you mean the Espada? If so, I have that too!

The postman attempted to deliver my Dennis Gross LED body device but I missed it, didn't even hear the bell ringing. Will be available to pick up from the post office tomorrow. Exciting!

Reactions: 4
Sorry, yes, it’s the Espada. I’ve both so many foreo devices, I reckon they owe me some shares in the company.
Exciting about the DG body device. Let us know what’s it like.

Reactions: 3
I've started using my Iris eye massager again and am enjoying it! Was thinking last night I'd love if Foreo invented a UFO for the body

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.