Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do one every week or two, have you done more? I’ve been doing it yonks though (for YEARS 😂😂😂😂)
I've done it three times since I first posted about it, the most recent one today! Aiming for once a week, though it was about 10 days since the last one. I must say I love it! Hair feels so voluminous

Reactions: 5
I need someone to tell me not to buy the face one.
If it's in your budget, definitely consider an LED mask! A super helpful blog post on them (it helped me and a few others on tattle while deciding on our purchases!): https://goalstogetglowing.com/2021/01/17/deep-dive-into-led-masks-and-low-level-light-therapy-lllt/

I got as far as buying the rice. I do mean to do it.
Me too! It's sitting in my cupboard waiting for me to try.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Hello all, been following your advice on this thread and bought myself the Smoothskin Pure IPL device. Early days so no results yet but I will report back.

I am looking for some advice for the treatment of small, red, broken veins in the face. I have them on my chin and around my nose and they just make me look red in this area. Has anyone successfully had these removed?

Reactions: 1
I've done it three times since I first posted about it, the most recent one today! Aiming for once a week, though it was about 10 days since the last one. I must say I love it! Hair feels so voluminous
I managed to do it once and loved how my hair felt after it. Been to busy to do it again but will def try to fit it in once a week going forward. Thanks again for the tip x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I managed to do it once and loved how my hair felt after it. Been to busy to do it again but will def try to fit it in once a week going forward. Thanks again for the tip x
I'm so glad you liked it! ❤

I need someone to tell me not to buy the face one.
I wish I had the face one, I have an LED mask that takes 20 minutes so I never bother with it. The Dennis Gross one only takes 3 minutes! I went a bit nuts with devices in the last year or so, but I will get the mask at some point next year I think

Does anyone have any miracle devices for puffy undereyes to recommend? Mine have been looking so bad in the mornings lately.

I guess this is sort of skincare related but I bought myself one of them silk exfoliating gloves (you may have seen them) and my god, a) it scrubs tan off so well b) my body skin has never been so soft and c) it has really helped clear up my keratosis pilaris on my arms. like my arms are really soft now it’s really making a difference

• Heart
A jade roller or gua sha tool to help with lymphatic drainage!
Thanks, I have a roller lying about somewhere that I had totally forgotten about, will give that a go. I don't know where this puffiness has come from, it's like I go to bed looking like my normal self and wake up looking like John Prescott.

Sounds like it's just lymph fluid that's built up! Loads of YouTube tutorials on how to do lympathic drainage

Regarding keratosis pilaris, I've been using The Ordinary Lactic Acid on my arms once a day and it had cleared up my KP completely. Now I'm sure if I stop using it, it will be back but it really works and The Ordinary is so cheap so worth trying!

Reactions: 7
Does anyone have any miracle devices for puffy undereyes to recommend? Mine have been looking so bad in the mornings lately.
I feel you! I get terrible puffy eyes, especially if I’ve drunk wine the night before.

Do you sleep on your side or front? Apparently sleeping on your back helps, so I try to do that (but often fail as I’m a natural side sleeper).

A good facial massage with any tool (especially ones small enough to get under the eye comfortably), and also using your fingertips to just gently kind of pad around the eyes, really helps. Always work in a lymphatic drainage style, so moving the fluid outwards and then down; in this case, you would start at the inner corner of your eyes, work outwards to the ears, then down the sides of the neck.Also, highly recommend keeping your facial massager/roller in the fridge!!

Also, when it’s at its worst, try drinking electrolytes! Sounds absolutely crazy but it really helps and is good for you, especially if you’ve been drinking alcohol (I get the High 5 tablets from Amazon and just use them when I feel I need them).

I actually had terribly puffy eyes this morning (half a bottle of wine last night) and a glass of ice water, a glass of water with an electrolyte tablet, a facial massage with a small little facial roller I have that I keep in the fridge, and I was back to normal very quickly.

Reactions: 6
I saw a video of a lady swearing by icing your face in the morning, to depuff and tighten the skin. Literally a cube of ice, pinch it in a cotton pad then just keep moving it around your face until it melts. It is lovely to do on hot mornings & evenings.

Also I was gifted these little eye massagers, I keep them in the fridge and use them in the morning.

I saw a video of a lady swearing by icing your face in the morning, to depuff and tighten the skin. Literally a cube of ice, pinch it in a cotton pad then just keep moving it around your face until it melts. It is lovely to do on hot mornings & evenings.

Also I was gifted these little eye massagers, I keep them in the fridge and use them in the morning.

Love the ice cube tip, I’m going out tonight and I look knackered so that sounds just the ticket

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.