Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve gone and ordered the acai masks, plus some honey and also stocked up on the rose, while current body have the offer on. I’m such a sucker for a deal 🤦‍♀️ But they’ll all be very gratefully received by my face!

Reactions: 7
thanks @usandthem - I will have a good look at the ingredients list on my serums later and see what I have that is definitely water based. Very interesting what you say about LED masks. I haven't decided what to go for yet so that is something else to think about.

Reactions: 2
I've just ordered a microneedling pen from Amazon for my acne scars... they never really used to bother me but since my skin tone/texture has improved so much thanks to my UFO and Nuface I guess I needed to find something else to be insecure about 😜

• Haha
I've just ordered a microneedling pen from Amazon for my acne scars... they never really used to bother me but since my skin tone/texture has improved so much thanks to my UFO and Nuface I guess I needed to find something else to be insecure about 😜
Let us know how you get on! I’ve always been a bit scared of them - afraid I would f it up 😅

Reactions: 6
I’ve taken advantage of the current body deal and ordered some more masks. I’ve not tried the coconut or manuka honey so got them. Also stocked up on the Açai masks as they are my fave!
I’ve changed it up a bit how I use my ufo. I use the mask on the selected one, then I go to the settings, pick a colour and then repeat using a cool setting. Once I’ve done my face, I do my neck and décolletage with either the deep cleanse or anti aging. This way I use all the liquid in the sachet

• Heart
Yeah I’ve just been playing around with the settings and doing what I fancy instead of what is pre-programmed. I don’t think it really matters!

I always do two rounds (all face, neck and chest) to use up all the product.

Reactions: 1
Yeah I’ve just been playing around with the settings and doing what I fancy instead of what is pre-programmed. I don’t think it really matters!

I always do two rounds (all face, neck and chest) to use up all the product.
Snap - twice is the optimal number after much experimenting! Three times is too much, made my skin feel as though it had been rubbed, perhaps because the mask had absorbed before the treatment ended? Once just isn’t enough and the product is wasted.

My masks from current body arrived at lunchtime today, and I only ordered them yesterday afternoon. I think that’s great service. Will be trying the acai berry tonight.

Reactions: 3
Yep, agree - which azelaic acid do you use? In the U.K. you do need one for hydroquinone and Tretinoin, I got the consultation and prescription back today from Dermatica and it’s a mixture of all 3, which you use for 3 months and then have a break.
Dermatica now sells three products that you don't need a prescription/subscription for and I've been using this for a few months. My skin loves it as I am prone to hormonal spots still (despite being 42), have slight rosacea and melasma, it's really helped.

Azelaic Acid 20% Cream

i think the Acai mask for the UFO might be my favourite yet. I used it yesterday and I’m so happy with my skin today.

Saying that, it’s been over a month since I’ve been back on the Medik8 retinal and using the LED mask, so I think I’m starting to see results from both of those, too.

Whatever it is, I’m happy! Also going to double down on my recommendation for watching Dr Shereene Idriss because I feel like swapping my niacinamide product has basically changed the game. The Ordinary was definitely too harsh. The Glossier one is lovely (and much less sticky).
I couldn't use my Current Body LED mask for a couple of weeks recently as I had my semi-permanent brow top up and I really noticed a difference in my skin. Skin is nstantly brighter and happier now I'm back using it.

Last edited:
Oooh, interesting. I've been thinking of getting if for years on acne scarring.

What was your experience?
I paid for 3 sessions , £500.

I had it 3 years ago , on my well behaved but ageing, pigmented skin ,I was promised the pigmentation would fade and diminish over the course of the treatment.

I looked horrific after each treatment, so red I was embarrassed to leave the clinic unless under a big hood, my Husband was ‘ what the duck have you done’.

I’m now 53 and if my age comes up in conversations I’ve had the ‘ what! never! you’re never 50’ so maybe it did work.

Which masks did you get?
I didn’t , have I fucked up?

I paid for 3 sessions , £500.

I had it 3 years ago , on my well behaved but ageing, pigmented skin ,I was promised the pigmentation would fade and diminish over the course of the treatment.

I looked horrific after each treatment, so red I was embarrassed to leave the clinic unless under a big hood, my Husband was ‘ what the duck have you done’.

I’m now 53 and if my age comes up in conversations I’ve had the ‘ what! never! you’re never 50’ so maybe it did work.

Did it actually help with pigmentation?

Reactions: 1
Guys I think i have been using the ufo wrong as have been using it once like with the treatment and then using the rest next day I just put a bit of a wet wipe dried out in the packet in to my fridge to use the rest of it up

I think there’s a mask or two inside the box with the device when you get it, but you’ll need to buy some ufo masks as well. There’s plenty to choose from depending on what your skin needs 😊

Sorry it’s joined my posts...
Guys I think i have been using the ufo wrong as have been using it once like with the treatment and then using the rest next day I just put a bit of a wet wipe dried out in the packet in to my fridge to use the rest of it up
I don’t understand. So are you throwing away the little pad thing after one use but keeping the remaining gel? If so, what are you using to apply the gel with the next time?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Let us know how you get on! I’ve always been a bit scared of them - afraid I would f it up 😅
Will let you all know how it goes. It arrived today and I just did my first session - watched a lot of YT tutorials before hand. I didn't think it hurt too much but I guess that's subjective. Now sitting with a sheet mask on, soaking up all dat hyaluronic acid 😌

Reactions: 5
My UFO arrived yesterday. I tried it last night with one of the Acai masks as I had bought a pack of those along with it. First impressions are that it feels nice and relaxing...my skin felt super soft afterwards and looked very glowy. I *think* my skin does look bright and refreshed this morning, with the annoying red bits less noticeable but that could be in my head. Looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few weeks.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Last night I had an awful stomach ache so after soaking in the bath I got into bed and used the Dennis Gross LED body on my stomach with the 14 minute pain relief setting and then I used the 3 minute LED on my chest. My stomach feels fine today, I've no idea if the pain relief setting contributed to that but I will say that the LED light did feel super relaxing and it's supposed to help with inflammation so perhaps it did do something? Either way, it's early days but I like it so far

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.