Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's this

Reactions: 2
I chose a nurse who had been practicing for 20+ years in this field. She had a portfolio of her work and offered a free consultation. Once I did go to a dentist with not that much botox experience and I looked a bit like Dr Spock with very high eyebrows for a while! Chose someone who has a a clinic or practice rooms and not the backroom of a hairdresser. I would also ask for a subtle look with the option of a top up if you wanted more of an effect (with no extra cost).
It takes about 10 days to work on me and at first I always think nothing is happening. I have hooded eyes and like the lift it gives them as I think that they age me.
In the past I have had it in my chin as it is dimpled and crinkly and I loved the outcome. It was a more streamlined jaw ( I did have some filler in there too).
No one has ever asked me or assumed I have it as its so subtle. I wouldn't say this in real life as it sounds so vain but most people do assume I am in my early 40s - I have looked after my skin but nothing has the same impact as a bit of botox!

If you can ask for a recommendation - this might be difficult as so many people who have it done well dont tell anyone!
This is really useful, thank you 😊 one of my eyes is slightly hooded so I'm interested to know what exactly you had done to fix yours. All I know is that I want to lift one eyebrow slightly to raise the hooded eyelid but not sure how to explain it to a professional!

Reactions: 1
It's this

Oh thank you! Feeling a bit dim seeing as I see that every time I open the Foreo app 🤣

ETA - Fix vs Iris…if you could only buy one which would people go for?

Iris! The fix has to be used with a specific serum whereas the Iris can be used with any eye cream/ serum/ gel. I use it way more

• Heart
Also another question, I have the Aldi dupe of nuface and was using it tonight. I was wondering what is it actually doing? Is it the current tightens muscles or does it cause cells to renew? Or something else? I realised I had no idea what it was supposed to do to me 🤣

This is really useful, thank you 😊 one of my eyes is slightly hooded so I'm interested to know what exactly you had done to fix yours. All I know is that I want to lift one eyebrow slightly to raise the hooded eyelid but not sure how to explain it to a professional!
For my hooded eyes I have it in my forehead, above the middle of my eyebrows and at the tail of my eyebrows. My right eye is more hooded than the left and this lifts and evens them out (its not a drastic change but enough that the excess skin above my eye doesn't 'sit' on my eyelid - if that makes sense). It also means that I can wear eyeliner without it transferring to lid above.

Iris! The fix has to be used with a specific serum whereas the Iris can be used with any eye cream/ serum/ gel. I use it way more
Does the fix work at smoothing the fine lines though? I'm still tempted by it all these months on. Having to use their serum puts me off a bit, I rather assumed I could just run it over the left over primer, or aloe vera as I'm currently using that.

I’m still tempted by it too - although loving my smoothskin! It’s pretty amazing after 3/4 uses! Going to leave it a month or two before I get a new device - deciding on led mask or fix first

Does the fix work at smoothing the fine lines though? I'm still tempted by it all these months on. Having to use their serum puts me off a bit, I rather assumed I could just run it over the left over primer, or aloe vera as I'm currently using that.
They really are two different products. If you've been tempted for months why not go for it?

I'm pretty sure it's on sale on the current body site

They really are two different products. If you've been tempted for months why not go for it?

I'm pretty sure it's on sale on the current body site
I read your reply, thought sod it, and promptly ordered it. It is indeed on sale, £112, and the code CSWelcome got me another £10 off, even though I am registered with them already.

• Heart
I’ve only been lurking so far, but last night I finally caved and ordered the UFO 2! I’ve been resisting the urge for too long, and this thread certainly doesn’t help 😂 I also have the nuface mini which I use almost every day and ADORE! I try to gua sha at least once a week and I’ve also the current body LED mask which I try to be consistent with! My nuface fix doesn’t get much use unfortunately, it hasn’t made much of a difference when I did use it but maybe I should just stick with that too to get a better result? So excited to be part of the UFO 2 family though, anxiously awaiting my delivery!
Side note: has anyone ever gotten Botox in their masseter for facial slimming?

Reactions: 6
As the sensilift is also something I’m eyeing up for my nasolabial folds, I’m wondering what everyone’s experiences with it have been like? Does it actually help?

I’ve only been lurking so far, but last night I finally caved and ordered the UFO 2! I’ve been resisting the urge for too long, and this thread certainly doesn’t help 😂 I also have the nuface mini which I use almost every day and ADORE! I try to gua sha at least once a week and I’ve also the current body LED mask which I try to be consistent with! My nuface fix doesn’t get much use unfortunately, it hasn’t made much of a difference when I did use it but maybe I should just stick with that too to get a better result? So excited to be part of the UFO 2 family though, anxiously awaiting my delivery!
Side note: has anyone ever gotten Botox in their masseter for facial slimming?
Welcome! The UFO 2 is lovely, I hope you like it!

I haven't had Botox in my masseter yet. However, it's been recommended to me by my dentist to address some TMJ/grinding issues (wherein the facial slimming would be a side effect). She estimated for the amount required in my case it would cost approx $1000 AUD (plus of course it would only last the normal botox time). But I am tempted!

Welcome! The UFO 2 is lovely, I hope you like it!

I haven't had Botox in my masseter yet. However, it's been recommended to me by my dentist to address some TMJ/grinding issues (wherein the facial slimming would be a side effect). She estimated for the amount required in my case it would cost approx $1000 AUD (plus of course it would only last the normal botox time). But I am tempted!
Yikes, it’s so tempting my jaw has really widened in the past couple of years from clenching my teeth when I’m stressed or anxious, it’s not giving me headaches or any pain right now but the aesthetics of it is more that bothers me. However maybe it doesn’t bother me enough to spend that amount of money once or twice a year 😬

The Nuface Fix arrived yesterday. I like it, it's time consuming as it's 3 mins per area but you can use it in front of the TV even when not alone as it doesn't beep. I did 10 mins with the mini, 12 (both eyes, forehead and lips) with the fix and then 10 with my LED mask and I was very pleased with how fresh and tight my skin looked this morning. I would say the Fix is a nice to have rather than a must have. The (tiny amount of) serum that comes with it is nice but I can't imagine using it in the morning then applying make up as it's quite sticky and didn't fully sink in. I don't know that I will buy more of that, I'm going to see if I can use it with hyaluronic acid instead around the eye area. I used on the forehead with my banana boat aloe vera and it was fine but I wouldn't use that too close to the eye area as it contains alcohol. Oh, almost forgot, it plumped up my lips a little too although of course this is temporary and I didn't notice that they were looking any different to usual by this morning.

Reactions: 5
I had botox and fillers this week. I can see a difference already. The biggest difference is in my chin. I had botox for the dimples and scrunching and now it is just flat and smooth. I had filler in the area at the side of my chin through a canula which has made a huge difference to my profile (I was starting to look a bit jowly in that area). She also injected a small amount of filler to the side and just above my lips. It has made my lips look fuller. She said it was like providing scaffolding under my skin so it looks better from the outside. I am really pleased with the results so far.

I then asked about some other procedures which she flat out refused to do as I didnt need them, which shows she is ethical.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I want to try Botox and have been googling in our area. I found a Dr who has a lot of experience but I also found a nurse. Would you consider going to a nurse for treatment? What I liked is that she has loads of before and afters of what she has done and she looks really good.
The Dr obvs has more experience but there isn't any photos of his work.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.