Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Hello! I’ve lurked these threads and decided to join in.

You all are making me want to buy a UFO but I’m just not sure it would make much difference to me to justify the cost? I don’t want to sound like a braggy bitch but my skin is really quite good (the only thing about me that is, trust me😂). I get the odd hormonal bump around my chin a couple of times a year, and I have a very slight bit of redness on my cheeks, but other than that, it’s happy and clear and I keep it well hydrated. I do my own at-home facials and they work for me.

Is it worth investing??

I also wanted to say that I have the Magnitone Lift Off (someone asked in the last thread) and I personally love it. I’ve never tried the NuFace so I can’t compare, but my results with the Lift Off were brilliant. I forgot to do it for a few weeks while moving house and now I’m back on it and I’m astonished all over again. Definitely defines my jaw, plumps my skin and softens my forehead lines (I haven’t had botox in sooo long).

Another cheaper manual tool I love is the Nurse Jamie Uplift. I got one in the Cult Beauty sale years ago, and it’s my go-to for a proper decent facial massage. It’s more aggressive than a jade roller as it has the tourmaline knobs, but it doesn’t hurt. Love it for stimulating the blood flow in my face and getting me a nice glow!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Libertine1975

VIP Member
I went to a pub today and the waitress thought I was 22 or 23...I'm 33 and 34 in a couple of weeks so feeling pretty smug about that.

I've been using the current body LED mask most regularly recently. I wake-up early for work and use it after washing my face listening to a podcast whilst doing it.

I'm trying to use my Nuface every evening after work and my UFO2 two or three times a week. Fallen off the wagon with the Sensica recently.

turkeydinosaurs

Absolute waste of time. My skin is no different whatsoever to what it was before. I’m glad I won the treatment and didn’t pay.
I take it all back. My skin is honestly glowing now 😩 like people have been commenting how good my skin looks who don’t even know I’ve had anything done

• Wow

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
OMG you guys, I was just idly browsing through Beauty Bay and I spotted that they're selling the UFO sheet masks. They're available in green tea, Bulgarian rose and manuka honey. No new flavours but still. I'm going to take one for the team and order a box, maybe manuka honey. Only three in the box though

I’m the same tbh. I love the concept of it and I do like using it but it hasn’t really made any difference to my skin, however I think I have problematic skin so I’m not blaming it on the UFO. I’ve stopped using it for a while as I’m trying to simplify my skin care at the moment in a bid to find out what works for me, think I was guilty before of trying too many products a couple of times and then moaning about not seeing results. Was buying anything I saw recommended somewhere and it was getting silly and expensive. I’m going to keep my ufo though as I’d like to use it again in future for the pampering side of it and I think the cooling feature will be nice in summer but I probably wouldn’t at the moment replace it if it broke.
For me with the UFO it was all about finding which masks suited my skin. I was super underwhelmed when I first used it with the night masks, the shimmer ones the same. I don’t think it’s changed my life but it certainly makes my skin glow when I need it to

jarv

VIP Member
I think I am about to take the plunge and buy a foreo UFO 😁 will get a pack of youth junkie and maybe matt manic? I feel like I have so many issues with my skin, it's definitely aging, it can be quite oily, dull, uneven skintone, get spots and have big pores around my nose.

• Heart

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Walked home in the heat (damn that weight gain😡) and I had a face as red as a beetroot .

Showered, used H2 overdose and my skin drank it up , loved it !!

So tempted to do it again before bed 😁

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
There's a new video by HotandFlashy comparing the Nuface with the Bear. Typically thorough review by Angie. Overall, her preference is for the Nuface - particularly the Trinity with the ELE attachment if your concern is hooded eyelids.

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Hows everyone getting on with their devices?

After months and months of testing I can confirm that the Nuface is better than the Foreo Bear. That being said, I'm still glad I got it as it's much quicker. I now alternate between the two and have switched to using microcurrent in the morning

I really really need to get back into using LED but it's hard to find the time.

I fell out of the habit of using my IPL over the summer. I tried to tell myself that it was down to it being summer and not wanting to expose treated skin to sun but in reality it was just laziness. Anyway, I was getting a bikini wax yesterday and the beautician asked if I had had laser. This must mean the IPL does work at keeping the hair less thick etc even if it's not been used so I'm going to get into the habit of using it again!

prinnygrace

VIP Member
My Lumea arrived!! Just done my first treatment on my legs and underarms. It’s a very strange feeling, not what I was expecting! Doesn’t hurt but it’s weird, a bit like an elastic band flick followed by heat🤣

under the ivy

VIP Member
I’ve been doing NuFace solidly 5x a week for a month now. I can see an improvement in my cheekbone area and jawline so going to stick with it!

I used a Glow Addict mask on the UFO yesterday (went out of date on the 19th - was fine). I also had a Simple sheet mask so I used the UFO with it. Set it to red LED, heat and vibration +1. It did seem to make the serum sink in more!

off topic but if you’re into make-up, Lisa Eldridge has a documentary on BBC iPlayer about the history of make-up. I love Lisa and her make-up techniques.

Ahahha

Chatty Member
Guys i just found a discount code for 35 percent off for ufo2 mask its CHLOEADAIRBH for look fantastic also works on olaplex ect I know it could be a influencer but money off is money off and more money off more masks

Last edited:

judgejohndeed

VIP Member
I’m now obsessed with the Clarisonic Mia Prima brush thing that came with my Current Body LED mask…I stopped bothering with my skin the last few months tbh and it was pretty bad, I constantly had one stress spot at any time and just looked really dull etc. In the space of about a week my skin looks amazing again, hard to say exactly what has done it as I’ve also been using the hyaluronic acid that came in my mask pack and swapped my cleanser to a La Roche Posay one.
Unrelated to gadgets but has anyone tried the red peeling face mask from The Ordinary? I used it the other day and it was horrendous, I took it off after 5 minutes because it was stinging so much and it left my face red for hours!

• Heart

prinnygrace

VIP Member
Thanks to @Aude for the title!

All talk of devices and anything else beyond skincare. Continuing on from this brilliant thread:

@prinnygrace hope your Lumea arrived!
It didn’t 😢😢😢😢😢 I paid for express delivery too😣

• Sad
  • Angry

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I have decided to repurpose my Aduro LED mask, I have never really gotten into the groove with using it but don't want to waste it so I've decided to use it for hair instead. This morning I put the straps on my chin and used it as a cap. Will see how it goes!

Reactions: 8

xyzcba

VIP Member
You've all made me really tempted by the IPL now. I'm ghostly pale with medium brown hair but mainly pretty fair/fine on my body. I did start having laser on my armpits and then stopped going halfway through the course. Debating getting a Philips now or just starting another course...
Hi All,

I'm new to this thread, I'm a skincare junkie so loving reading your comments.

I've got the Philips Lumea and it is literally lifechanging. I have dark hair, not especially thick but for example I would have to shave my legs every few days in the summer. The Lumea is a bit of a faff to do I found, and you have to commit to it (I think it's every 2 weeks for the first 8weeks, then once a month for 6 months I think, then just maintenance as you feel), but for me it's 100% worth it. For example going on a 2 week holiday and not having to worry about regrowth! The hair that comes back now (because I've not used it in a year probably) is light and fine somehow, so not really even noticeable.

Georgethecat

VIP Member
Last night I used my Luna, bear and ufo2 rose mask! They are such a good combo for a pamper night. Also used my Philips lumea on my legs for the first time in years... Actually didn't take as long as I remember so will stick with that rather than buying a more modern version.

Loving the air wrap reviews, I really wanted to try one, even more when I found out that they have a hairdryer attachment and it's basically the only tool you need, my hair is past my shoulders , fine-ish and naturally curly if I do CG method on it , hate that I use heat on it so often, I have cut down loads in the last year and noticed a huge difference in my hair health!

Universal

Chatty Member
@Universal @Aude thanks both. I wasn’t 100% sure on the difference. I might go for it 👀 it’s definitely the prevention I’m looking for and some forehead lines. Is there anything you’d suggest looking out for or questions you’d ask a practitioner before deciding?
I chose a nurse who had been practicing for 20+ years in this field. She had a portfolio of her work and offered a free consultation. Once I did go to a dentist with not that much botox experience and I looked a bit like Dr Spock with very high eyebrows for a while! Chose someone who has a a clinic or practice rooms and not the backroom of a hairdresser. I would also ask for a subtle look with the option of a top up if you wanted more of an effect (with no extra cost).
It takes about 10 days to work on me and at first I always think nothing is happening. I have hooded eyes and like the lift it gives them as I think that they age me.
In the past I have had it in my chin as it is dimpled and crinkly and I loved the outcome. It was a more streamlined jaw ( I did have some filler in there too).
No one has ever asked me or assumed I have it as its so subtle. I wouldn't say this in real life as it sounds so vain but most people do assume I am in my early 40s - I have looked after my skin but nothing has the same impact as a bit of botox!

If you can ask for a recommendation - this might be difficult as so many people who have it done well dont tell anyone!

• Heart