Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Aude for the title!

All talk of devices and anything else beyond skincare. Continuing on from this brilliant thread:

@prinnygrace hope your Lumea arrived!

Reactions: 7
Thanks to @Aude for the title!

All talk of devices and anything else beyond skincare. Continuing on from this brilliant thread:

@prinnygrace hope your Lumea arrived!
It didn’t 😢😢😢😢😢 I paid for express delivery too😣

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
There's a new video by HotandFlashy comparing the Nuface with the Bear. Typically thorough review by Angie. Overall, her preference is for the Nuface - particularly the Trinity with the ELE attachment if your concern is hooded eyelids.

Finished one of my cleansers last night and have ordered the pixi clarity cleanser, hoping it works well with my Luna mini. It's has salicylic acid so should be good for my breakout prone skin. Has anyone used that range before? I've only ever used the glow range. Really rate the glow mud mask.

There's a new video by HotandFlashy comparing the Nuface with the Bear. Typically thorough review by Angie. Overall, her preference is for the Nuface - particularly the Trinity with the ELE attachment if your concern is hooded eyelids.
I'd agree with Angie there and I feel so validated now 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I used the Tripollar pose on Monday night and am due to use it again tonight (every second day for the first 6-8 weeks)

First impressions:

The gel is sticky but smells lovely
The device needs to be plugged in to use it, the cord is a bit loose so does come out every now and again. So it's best to stay in the one spot
There are three heats, low, medium and high. I put it on high and it does get quite hot! You move it around the same section until the orange light flashes and after that you move to another area.
It's not really a device that you can mindlessly use as you need to make sure the cable hasn't come loose and keep an eye out for the orange light
I just used it on my stomach and inside thighs as to do my whole thighs and bum would take too long
Looking forward to using it again!

I'm quite slim overall but got complacent in lockdown and it all went to my stomach so I'm hoping this helps.

One thing I like about home devices is that when you get them it makes you committed to improving things as a whole- so for this Tripollar pose device to work, I need to make sure I'm eating properly and drinking loads of water which I have been doing

Reactions: 3
What’s the best UFO mask for dry/dehydrated skin? I’ve just used the Manuka Honey one and my skin sucked it up! I have the Mini so limited in what I can use with it.

What’s the best UFO mask for dry/dehydrated skin? I’ve just used the Manuka Honey one and my skin sucked it up! I have the Mini so limited in what I can use with it.
I tried the cannabis one for the first time the other day and the serum stuff was pretty thick, a sort of white creamy mixture. It felt lovely. Although I think they advertise it as calming, rather than for dry skin.

I’ve got rose too, which is specifically for dry skin, but I’ve not tried it yet. I’m sure some of the others will have.

My Lumea arrived!! Just done my first treatment on my legs and underarms. It’s a very strange feeling, not what I was expecting! Doesn’t hurt but it’s weird, a bit like an elastic band flick followed by heat🤣

How are you getting on with the Sensilift?
I did the initial eight weeks and I'm now into using it monthly. My skin always feels amazingly soft after using it and for a few days after.

I can't say I've noticed any big changes in my skin overall but I only had a few very fine lines to start with as I'm only in my early/mid 30s.

With the mini itself the cable is a little lose when you plug it in and inworry that it will fall out (it hasn't yet). I have accidently turned the device off a couple of times when using it as the button is touch sensitive. You are using it properly (both sensors are touching the skin) when the green light comes on but you need a mirror to check this which is difficult.

I think like the NuFace it is something which works as prevention and you will probably see more dramatic results if you are a bit older.

The gel you use with the device is thick and takes a long time to dry on the skin ( I find the NuFace one can dry down quickly). That said you definitely need to wash it off. I like using the device, washing the gel off and going into a UFO mask.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.