Beyond skincare #2 Beauty devices and procedures

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m going to try it!

My Mam’s hair has got very thin from chemo, do you think it would make a difference with her hair? I’m just thinking it might be a good thing to try since there’s nothing harsh going on her scalp.

Reactions: 2
I think it is absolutely worth your Mum giving it a go! As Dr Shereene says it is the definition of clean beauty!

Let us know how you both get on 😘

Reactions: 1
I think it is absolutely worth your Mum giving it a go! As Dr Shereene says it is the definition of clean beauty!

Let us know how you both get on 😘
Thanks! I’ll test it out on myself first and then I’ll see if she fancies giving it a go. As you say, it’s clean, so I can’t see how it could do any harm.

I am obsessed! Watched the rice videos yesterday morning and immediately went to the shop after to get basmati rice. I didn't have any, boil in the bag is more my speed 😅

Reactions: 3
I love this! Isn’t it such an easy and amazing thing to do for your hair?
It really is! I can't wait til my next treatment but I will be careful not to overdo it

I guess I have to go soak some rice overnight now!
Let us know how you get on!

I made a slight modification to what Dr Shereene recommended- she puts it on overnight and goes to bed with it but I'm not into going to bed with wet hair so I put it on in the morning and left it on for a few hours while working from home. The added bonus of doing it during the day is that is does give a wavy beachy effect as she says in the video so at least that's not wasted!

And I used a deep conditioner after shampooing as recommended

Last edited:
Can anyone please recommend a colour conditioner/wash out toner for brassy hair? I’m a compulsive bleacher 😶 and did a bleach bath before, I put the Matrix blue mask on for an hour but it’s still 💥 on the ends. I don’t want grey hair, just need to knock out the brass whilst I condition for a few months. I don’t know if the moroccanoil range would be worth a punt…

Reactions: 1
Can anyone please recommend a colour conditioner/wash out toner for brassy hair? I’m a compulsive bleacher 😶 and did a bleach bath before, I put the Matrix blue mask on for an hour but it’s still 💥 on the ends. I don’t want grey hair, just need to knock out the brass whilst I condition for a few months. I don’t know if the moroccanoil range would be worth a punt…
I’ve been really impressed with the Philip Kingsley Pure Blonde Booster mask. There’s a matching shampoo too which I have yet to try. I find it more effective than the Pureology one I was using.
People on the Sali Hughes thread were raving about Fanola No Yellow shampoo too. Although some of the reviews on Amazon say it made their hair turn blue.

Reactions: 4
I second the Phillip Kingsley - my hair is going grey and I use this every couple of weeks to brighten

Reactions: 3
I tried the Manuka Honey sheet mask last night. It was a regular sheet mask and you just work the UFO over it for 2 minutes, like the regular smart masks it has a programme on the app. Otherwise you can leave it on for 20 minutes

Honest thoughts are that this was no different to any other sheet mask and I wasn't wowed by it in the same way as the smart masks. I'll be sticking with the smart masks

Reactions: 12
I tried the Manuka Honey sheet mask last night. It was a regular sheet mask and you just work the UFO over it for 2 minutes, like the regular smart masks it has a programme on the app. Otherwise you can leave it on for 20 minutes

Honest thoughts are that this was no different to any other sheet mask and I wasn't wowed by it in the same way as the smart masks. I'll be sticking with the smart masks
Thanks for trying them! I won’t bother then as I’m happy with my UFO masks. I am loving the Manuka honey mask. Skin feels and looks so good afterwards!

Reactions: 5

That’s a bit disappointing isn’t it. I also think they could have brought out alternative treatment masks to the smart ones, otherwise what’s the difference other than you leave it on a bit longer. Thanks for taking one for the team!

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.