Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ahahha

Chatty Member
Hello all

So I have been reading everyone talk about the foreo so I bought a ufo2 from john lewis and a luna play play smart 2 also bought the masks h2overdose, youth junkie and the cannabis one I like the one that came with the ufo I cant beleive how good my skin looks

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Well you guys twisted my arm (didn’t take much!) and I just purchased the Foreo UFO 2. Weirdly it showed as the price for the original one on John Lewis, so I purchased it there... not sure if it will be the 2 that actually shows up but either way I’m happy to have the device!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

MinnnieMouse

My UFO arrived yesterday. I tried it last night with one of the Acai masks as I had bought a pack of those along with it. First impressions are that it feels nice and relaxing...my skin felt super soft afterwards and looked very glowy. I *think* my skin does look bright and refreshed this morning, with the annoying red bits less noticeable but that could be in my head. Looking forward to seeing what happens over the next few weeks.

• Heart

iamthecat

How are people getting on with the Smoothskin Pure? I did my first session yesterday. It felt a bit prickly at times. I just did my lower legs to start but would like to do more areas as I get the hang of it.
Sorry I’m a bit late to this. I bought a Smoothskin Bare+ a couple of weeks ago and I’ve noticed after 3 sessions that my under arm hair is already starting to die off! I’ve been testing the hairs with tweezers (just a gentle pull not trying to pull them out) and about a 1/3 of them fall out straight away.
I’m impressed so far!

mindlessness

VIP Member
I hide from magnifying mirrors! Have been known to cover them in hotel bathrooms with a hand towel. My eyesight is decent so I can pluck my brows with the normal mirror in my bathroom. Something about the magnification just makes me obsess a bit too much, you know?

rosemarina

VIP Member
How’s everybody doing? I’m still loving the UFO2.

I have to admit I’ve completely stopped using the NuFace for a couple of weeks now. It seems like such a faff. I know I need to get back on the horse, though.

Aude

VIP Member
The website Skin City - which sells Foreo amongst other, mainly 'cosmeceutical', brands - has 20% off everything this week plus free shipping to the UK and Ireland.

• Heart

TheSilverFox

VIP Member
How’s everybody doing? I’m still loving the UFO2.

I have to admit I’ve completely stopped using the NuFace for a couple of weeks now. It seems like such a faff. I know I need to get back on the horse, though.
The UFO has made a HUGE difference to my skin. I love it. I used a rose mask last night in preparation for an after school garden party today and my skin looked great despite the fact I'd been up approximately 15 times in the night dealing with little people's various ailments. I am so tempted by the NuFace... is it worth it? I'm 38 and sick of my forehead wrinkles (just got a humongous fringe cut in so that's less of a concern now :ROFLMAO: ) It really shocked me how much the UFO actually improved my skin tone, hydration, red marks etc when I'd spent loads of money on skincare that claimed to do the same but actually did relatively little. I'm all aboard the skincare gadget train now.
🚂 Choo choo!

• Heart

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
I've not bought an advent calendar but the Look Fantastic one does seem good, decent price too. The Birchbox one is £85 and also has the L'occitaine almond shower oil which absolutely top tier but the rest of it is a bit meh. In fact, maybe I should just order the L'occitaine shower oil instead 😂

• Haha

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Just did the Glow Addict mask with my UFO. My skin looks like glass! I am utterly OBSESSED and I cannot thank the wonderful posters of this thread enough! I think this is going to be my go-to before an event.

In other news I am eyeing up a Sensilift thanks to you lot... any reviews?!

• Heart

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
I got some lovely compliments on my “glowing” skin on a Zoom yesterday, despite a) having no makeup on b) having not slept well for ages and c) being stressed in general.

I can only thank the holy trinity of my UFO 2, my Light Salon LED mask and Medik8 Crystal Retinal 6.

I should also shout out to Face Theory’s mandelic acid & niacinamide serum, which I use on the nights I’m not using retinal. It’s lovely stuff. My skin can definitely take a beating but I decided to put the harsher acids on hold while I got back into a retinal routine, so this one is just lovely as an alternative.

• Heart

Aude

VIP Member
Yes! Obviously genetics play a big part and that’s a total lottery, but people who harp on about skin care lovers being consumerist sheep or fools easily parted with their money annoy me a bit.

I do think there is some truth that some skin care fanatics (hi, Hirons’ Freaks group!!) can be like that. Equally though, especially in recent years, a lot of us do a lot of research and understand the basics of ingredients and don’t fall for bullshit claims. I don’t expect any product to stop me ageing, for example, but I do expect a retinol-based product to help increase the cell turnover of my skin and therefore if used properly, I will hopefully see plumper, more glowing skin and a possible reduction in fine lines (over time).

I obviously am quite defensive about this but skin care, hair care & body care is my thing. It’s what I enjoy! Can’t be doing with the holier than thou types when it comes to beauty.
I might have said this before... I'm in my late 60s. I've always looked after my skin, including using sunscreen from my teens, and people assume I'm very much younger than I am. I have two sisters - one a year older, one a year younger - neither of whom has looked after their skin. With either sister, on different occasions, people have assumed I'm their daughter.

I know it's not just about skin - I think body shape and posture make a huge difference to how old you appear to be. And it's not about wanting to look young. For me, 'young' is just a shorthand way of describing a set of characteristics that I find attractive - plump skin, thick glossy hair, good posture etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Brilliant news, you'll love it! What masks did you order?
I just got the Glow Addict, Youth Junkie and H20 one to start with.

I’m very excited. Even if it doesn’t have a hugely noticeable effect on my skin, I think I just really enjoy the ritual of things like this. It’s like a little treat.

• Heart

LyraBalaqua

VIP Member
Aldi have a Nuface knock off for £25 if anyone fancies a go without shelling out £100+ for the OG.

Aude

VIP Member
I received an email from Nuface the other day that said usin over gels wouldn’t give the same effect as theirs helps the current to go deeper or something like that. I’ll attach what I received. I feel like it’s probably a marketing thing though, they want people to buy their gels and keep buying them.
I don't doubt that NuFace needs a conductive gel but I think it's misleading if it's being suggested that you'd get a better result with the NuFace conductive gel compared with another type of conductive gel.

Aude

VIP Member
Amazing @Aude I really enjoyed reading that! Who do you follow for skin care advice now?
HotandFlashy (Angie) is the only person I've kept up with regularly over the past couple of years although I dip into quite a wide range of other social and mainstream media content. I follow Angie because I think her advice is evidence-based - either based on scientific studies or on having thoroughly tested the product/device herself. And, unlike so many others, she's prepared to say when a product/device/procedure doesn't live up to its claims.

I think Alice Hart-Davis is knowledgeable about cosmetic devices and procedures and keeps up to date with developments. In fact, my interest these days is more in devices and procedures than it is in creams and serums (not that I think those are unimportant but I'm not sure there's going to be anything better than what I already use (tretinoin, vit C, peptides, sunscreen)).

I also of course follow the discussion here!

• Heart