Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

KateESJ

VIP Member
We had McDonald’s so I guess I didn’t cook it.
Saturday treat. Not been able to afford any in a few weeks and today my daughter wanted McDonald’s and she’s been so good this week so I scraped together the pennies and we had happy meals in front of Peppa Pig.

wouldn’t have it any other way! 💓

• Heart
Reactions: 17

coconochanel

VIP Member
I like to read what people cook so what are you cooking or even microwaving for dinner tonight?

I'm cooking chicken pie, mash potato, veg and gravy.

Reactions: 15

Boredofthegram

VIP Member
I’m doing a Xmas dinner tonight. Turkey, pigs in blankets and all the trimmings. Yes I’ve lost it in lockdown 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Han___

This is going to sound so incredibly mumsnet but we had shepherds pie jacket potatoes. Basically shepherds pie filling ( I add a can of lentils and loads of tiny chopped up veg to the mince), bake some potatoes - scoop out the potato and fill the skins with the filling and potato on the on the top some grated cheese, back in the over and served with greens.

Reactions: 12

50sGirl

VIP Member
We are making pizzas later, bread dough now proving.
Had a bit of a baking day today - I made custard creams, then a quiche, then 4 orange curd tarts with the left over pastry.
Mmmm.
Now out of bread flour. :(

B637AA15-CB2F-4E2A-9A28-B55481F04FCC.jpeg DF216345-F768-4351-9B5D-097F34CB971C.jpeg 10853DDF-8CEE-4E52-B3A9-6D1D5F4656BB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Danielle1

Breaded chicken in the shape of lions and nandos perinaise as a sun 😂 masterchef sign me up x

received_257325048628170-1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11

50sGirl

VIP Member
Leg of lamb, etc. Took pic before I put gravy and mint sauce on it. (This is my husband’s, my portion is smaller!)
I’m stuffed!
6B2F1E7D-A714-4F92-A0DE-12D3DBFF4438.jpeg

Reactions: 10

Danielle1

Not been eating "breakfast lunch & dinner" lately only eat when I can be bothered but this is my latest meal 😂 Cheese & Ham toastie that comes frozen in a box that goes in the microave and a big banana x

Timmy the Turtle says Hi he's my bank he has about 57p in him 😂
received_1377308152422854.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9

Emoji

Chatty Member
I’m going to make a paneer and chickpea curry with rice. I’m vegetarian but my other half isn’t, he will eat this though.

• Heart

Nelly

is anyone else just so sick of cooking? 😆
I’m not sick of cooking, I’m sick of thinking what to cook, never cooked so much in my life, everything in our household now revolves around “what are we going to have” for breakfast, lunch and dinner.😳😁 🍳🥪🍲

• Haha

houseofhoop

VIP Member
Does anyone have any good veggie reciepes. I’m soo bored of the same things. I’ve been a rubbish veggie lately just eat cereal or pizza 😩😂
Chickpea and spinach Curry
Lentil daal (there’s a great recipe online I’ll get link for you later)
Using quorn mince you can still make spag bolognese and lasagnas and chilli
Same with Quorn sausages - sausage mash and peas, toad in the hole
Sweet potato jacket with red kidney beans and an avocado salsa
Pasta veggie bakes
we almost always have wholemeal pittas with our meals if they aren’t that filling.
patatas bravas with tabouleh
Greek salad (with feta, olives, Greek yogurt, tatzeki and hummus dips for your pitta)

Also tray bake a load of veg (sweet potato, carrot, broccoli, pepper, red onion, mushrooms) and sprinkle with harissa powder. When done mix with some cooked couscous and feta cubes....really yummy

Last edited:
  • Heart

Flossy2019

VIP Member
Has anyone else whilst we’ve been on lockdown just eaten shite 🥺😂 I made my son a roast dinner tonight and I had a crisp sandwich. Just can’t be arsed

• Haha

LittleMy

VIP Member
Spaghetti bolognese and garlic bread. My son has ASD and normally won’t eat anything but chicken nuggets, but lately he’s turned a corner and has started trying out new things. He’s taken a liking to spag bol, I’m just thrilled he’s eating something that isn’t beige.

• Heart