What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I promised by boyfriend we could have homemade pizzas tonight, it’s not even 8am yet and I already 100% CBA 😂🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Is it expensive?
I’ve never looked into it because we are a family of 4 adults.
I think it probably is for a family of four. I get the meals for two option. You can get really good discount codes for the first few orders then it’s full price. Hello Fresh is another company but I think they have all stopped new orders as they have been inundated.

Reactions: 1
I really want a buffet after flossy2019 mentioned it but NOWAY am I queuing to get in a supermarket for some dips and sausage rolls. :giggle:

Jacket potato filled with homemade ratatouille, topped with Parmesan. With a side of 🚀

Reactions: 4
Leftover homemade veg chilli with a side of spring onion cheddar melted on toast.

Reactions: 3
turkey mine chilli for husband and girls (🤢 i hate smell of Turkey mince! but they love it).
beef (chunks not mince) chilli for me ..rest going in freezer.
Choice of tacos, rice , salad or wraps to accompany and grated cheese!

it was delish ..lockdown giving me have time to do proper cooking !

Reactions: 2
Our delivery isn’t coming until tom so it was supposed to be fajitas but the wraps were all bent in the freezer and broke so it was a mess. It was Cajun spice as had no fajita mix and there were only 5 wraps left between 4 of us so I basically emptied the freezer if anything beige and there were small amounts of onion rings/wedges and oven chips shared out 😂 times are hard! And unhealthy!

Reactions: 6
Mediterranean chicken ie chicken with peppers, onion, tomatoes herbs etc and a very non Mediterranean jacket potato 🥔.

Mince n tatties. Old school dining tonight and it was the snooks 💟
aww thats bought back memories !
that used to be our monday night dinner when i was little after our swimming lessons.. meat from Sunday's roast minced cooked in gravy, potatoes and a veg. simple but so tasty

Spaghetti and meatballs. With sundried tomato and basil flatbread tonight.

Oh this sounds delicious, do you have a recipe to share?
basically chop the halloumi into thin strips, dip in egg and then cornflour so it's kind of battered, then either shallow or deep fry until crispy - I shallow fried but deep frying might turn out better! Set aside and then make a sauce - 8 tbsp dark soy, biiig squidge of tomato puree, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, big dollop of garlic puree and 2 tsp of chilli flakes, salt and pepper and big spoonful of brown sugar. Thin with water then simmer until it reduces and thickens. The sauce is a bit of a chuck it all in and adjust to personal taste thing, sometimes I add honey too or swap the puree out for tomato ketchup! Then put the halloumi back with the sauce and that's it! Sooo nice with chicken as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Home made lamb doner kebab with rice n a variety of salad. IT WAS AMAZING! If you want a recipe I roughly followed Gizzie Erskine’s from her recent takeaway IG series.

basically chop the halloumi into thin strips, dip in egg and then cornflour so it's kind of battered, then either shallow or deep fry until crispy - I shallow fried but deep frying might turn out better! Set aside and then make a sauce - 8 tbsp dark soy, biiig squidge of tomato puree, 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce, big dollop of garlic puree and 2 tsp of chilli flakes, salt and pepper and big spoonful of brown sugar. Thin with water then simmer until it reduces and thickens. The sauce is a bit of a chuck it all in and adjust to personal taste thing, sometimes I add honey too or swap the puree out for tomato ketchup! Then put the halloumi back with the sauce and that's it! Sooo nice with chicken as well.
Ooh sounds so good. I’ll definitely give it a go. Thanks for sharing 😋

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.