Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
I've been told that tonight we're having roasted butternut squash and sweet potato curry. Apparently my husband has turned into Jamie Oliver 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7

50sGirl

VIP Member
Faggots and roasties.
Followed by Apple and raspberry plait.
Had some eating apples that had started to go wrinkly and I didn’t want to throw them out so thought I’d use them up. Also no blackberries so improvised with raspberries. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out, even if I do say so myself. :oops:

C1A80A84-6784-43D8-BAA2-3EEFCBD67B1C.jpeg 493706DD-AB69-47FC-AAF7-F3C92ECA0E23.jpeg

Nelly

We had skinless, boneless chicken thighs, marinated in a mediterranean roasted vegetable packet mix, potato wedges, corn on the cob and side salad, followed again by a slab of coffee and walnut cake, which has now all gone.

Jennyie

I’m going to attempt wagamama chicken katsu curry tonight 🤞🏼
I made it this week although have never been to Wagamama so didn’t know it was from there?!

Tonight was
Slow cooked beef dopiaza (after giving the onions the attention they require first)
Leftover dal from the freezer
Paratha

also had panipuri for starter (most fave Indian street food)

Attachments

• Heart

Blahblah93

VIP Member
Mushroom rice, methi chicken, aloo matar, cucumber, onion and mint salad. All homemade but cooked some shop bought bhajis, naan and poppadoms.

Nom nom nom.

• Wow
  • Heart

101d

VIP Member
Chicken and chorizo jambalaya tonight :) We use microwave rice though cos lazy and normal rice always sticks to the pan... without fail!

I'm hungry!

• Heart

Kaydeelaydee

VIP Member
Bacon, onion and mushroom this....
20200419_173323.jpg

It's called a crustless quiche. If you're a purist, it's not a quiche. It is however an absolute doddle to make and tastes great. Just had with boiled potatoes and baked beans.

If anyone is interested I used the recipe method I found on scrummylane.com

Reactions: 6

Influenced

Chatty Member
M&S something that the husband bought. Like probably the worst thing they sell there knowing him. It's like mecca to me but without fail he will go there and say they have nothing nice 🙄

To be fair I did tell him to get me mini poppadums and the Indian dips so would be happy with that for dinner, plus the rest of the bottle of wine in the fridge possibly followed by the bag of onion rings I also made him buy. Good times

• Haha

Prodcon21

Chatty Member
Moroccan meatballs and cous cous. Never done it before - so might end up with chicken nuggets and chips... 🤣

• Haha

bubbletea123

VIP Member
I made this for us last night. There are two of us and it lasts us three nights.
We make a few adjustments, we don't use the fontina cheese, we do 2 cups of mozzarella instead. We do extra mushrooms, and instead of summer squash, we do eggplant/aubergine. And when we put the pasta bake in the oven, we cover it with foil for the first 15 minutes, then uncover it for the last 15, so the top is nice and crispy but not burnt. We sometimes add some chorizo too.

I make the marinara sauce:
Olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes, inc juice (796ml)
1 white onion (replaces onion in roasted vegetables)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano (or adjust to taste)
1 teaspoon basil (adjust to taste)
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
Pinch of sugar

Heat olive oil, saute onion and garlic until soft.
Add tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, and sugar.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer, cover for 20 minutes. Then simmer uncovered for another 20 minutes.
Season with additional salt or sugar if needed. Remove from the stove and use all of the sauce for the pasta bake.

50sGirl

VIP Member
I had baguette with butter and it was so boring but literally all I wanted 😂
Oh I fancy a baguette now.
Has anyone else found they have way more cravings for things now?
I think it must be psychological because we can’t just pop out for things like we used to, but almost every day I think “aw I really fancy some ____”

hiya_hun

VIP Member
I'm gonna make a fake nandos - wraps, fake chicken, perinaise, salad, spicy rice, peri peri wedges.

Probs one of my fave teas to make and I love having it on a Friday too for some reason....

ChelsLou

First of all, I am so bloody happy that I’m not the only one who likes to ask people what they’re having for tea 😂

I am doing potato dauphinois with steak and steamed veggies on the side. BOOOOM 👏🏻

• Heart

MrsGarcia

Chatty Member
After the kids complained about Dad's curry last night they're getting fish fingers, mash and beans/mushy peas (there's always 1 out of 3 that wants different just to be awkward) and I'm making us bacon and leek risotto after the ungrateful sods have gone to bed 👍

• Heart