What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Beans on toast. I am SICK of cooking all the meals, trying to put things together with what we have in the fridge freezerakimg something out of nothing( trying to not go for groceries too often) so I'm having a night off! ( I just also want to say the HE hasn't cooked a single meal since lockdown. 😡 So he can go bollocks😂)

Mac and cheese, comfort food.
I've tried to mac and cheese loads of times but it's never fight. Always bland :(

Reactions: 2
Beans on toast. I am SICK of cooking all the meals, trying to put things together with what we have in the fridge freezerakimg something out of nothing( trying to not go for groceries too often) so I'm having a night off! ( I just also want to say the HE hasn't cooked a single meal since lockdown. 😡 So he can go bollocks😂)

I've tried to mac and cheese loads of times but it's never fight. Always bland :(
The cheese sauce benefits from mustard powder added to the roux. It's my only use for mustard powder though, so i dont know if its a common store cupboard item. The Nigella website has a mac and cheese recipe that uses evaporated milk. Calorific but tasty ☺

Reactions: 4
Slow cooker lamb chops with mixed veg and mashed potatoes tonight and I have to tell you my kitchen smells divine. 😋

Reactions: 5
Salmon for my husband and pulled beef for myself as I don't like fish both with potatoes and assorted veg.

My kids want pasta.

Lasagne tonight with a leafy salad. Even though the ragu was made yesterday it still felt like hard work :p

20200415_172121.jpg

Reactions: 3
Sausages beans and chips simple... think theres only 2 slices of carrot cake left .. I'll be glad to see the bloody end of it lol

Steamed chicken breast and garlic philiy on top, broccoli and potato salad, kids refused the potatoes so oven chips for them 😉

omg thats proper comfort food 😍

chicken Jambalaya tonight for us..
The Guinness definitely gives it more depth than other beers/ales, etc.

I’ve never made Chicken Jambalaya.
If Morries comes good with the rice in my delivery on Friday, I may give it a go.

Reactions: 1
Breaded chicken breasts, chips, and some lovely salad items I got in a veg box delivery from a local supplier.

Reactions: 5
Steak and a salad with new potatoes. Fruit salad and Greek yogurt for pud. And likely some Easter egg a bit later!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.