What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Im so jealous what you getting?
Pepperoni passion stuffed crust and meateor, buzzing! It’s out for delivery as I type 😋

Do any of you meal plan for the week?
Definitely meal plan, I go through some recipe books and choose 4 recipes and make them through the week and have leftovers. Helps us save a bit of money, we used to go to the shops everyday and buy something which when I think about it I can’t believe it, spent soooo much and was a fat bastard because it was always after work when we were hungriest 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I started in the last 6 months, helps me so much now, don’t have to think about what to make when I’m home & also planning ahead really helped cut costs on the weekly shop. The only stress is sitting down on Friday night and actually deciding on the meals 😂
I meal plan too, its a lot easier knowing what meals you've got in to cook and like you said helps cut cost and waste.

Reactions: 3
This is going to sound so incredibly mumsnet but we had shepherds pie jacket potatoes. Basically shepherds pie filling ( I add a can of lentils and loads of tiny chopped up veg to the mince), bake some potatoes - scoop out the potato and fill the skins with the filling and potato on the on the top some grated cheese, back in the over and served with greens.

Reactions: 12
This is going to sound so incredibly mumsnet but we had shepherds pie jacket potatoes. Basically shepherds pie filling ( I add a can of lentils and loads of tiny chopped up veg to the mince), bake some potatoes - scoop out the potato and fill the skins with the filling and potato on the on the top some grated cheese, back in the over and served with greens.
My aunt does jacket potatoes like that they are lovely.

I’m going to try a vegetarian version of this.😍

Reactions: 1
Works great with fish pie filling too
I love smoked haddock in a fish pie. It’s also good for a fish pate.

I’ve made lots of veggie sauces with red lentils, inc. sloppy joes and bolognese sauce,

Does anyone have any good veggie reciepes. I’m soo bored of the same things. I’ve been a rubbish veggie lately just eat cereal or pizza 😩😂
Elly Pear’s cookbooks are great for veggie recipes - her latest one GREEN is really good and lots of things are quite cheap to make once you have all the bits in!

Reactions: 2
We had McDonald’s so I guess I didn’t cook it.
Saturday treat. Not been able to afford any in a few weeks and today my daughter wanted McDonald’s and she’s been so good this week so I scraped together the pennies and we had happy meals in front of Peppa Pig.

wouldn’t have it any other way! 💓

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Elly Pear’s cookbooks are great for veggie recipes - her latest one GREEN is really good and lots of things are quite cheap to make once you have all the bits in!
Two American vegetarian food blogs I like are Cookie and Kate, and Naturally Ella. (Nothing to do with @deliciouslyella)

Reactions: 1
I had the Amy’s Kitchen organic Spanish Rice and Red bean soup for brunch. It’s salty and very thick so I add water. It’s good with plain yogurt, cottage cheese or sour cream, and plain tortilla chips. But I had another onion platzel. Maybe Amy’s Kitchen would like to take out some ad space on here. 🧐

Last edited:
Tonight we’ve got two different mains with the same sides.

my other half has one of the Higgldy Chorizo and Chicken pies and I’ve got Quorn vegan sausages - we’ve both got the Whole Foods rosemary roast potatoes on the side and I’m gonna have some baked beans and veg too! Can’t wait!

Cous cous and roast veg with feta, falafel and pitta. I can report that Cous cous and toddlers don’t mix.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.