What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Using up some stuff I’ve got in the fridge. So, it’s cheese and tomato omelette, rocket salad and crinkle cut oven chips

Reactions: 3
Does anyone have any good veggie reciepes. I’m soo bored of the same things. I’ve been a rubbish veggie lately just eat cereal or pizza 😩😂

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any good veggie reciepes. I’m soo bored of the same things. I’ve been a rubbish veggie lately just eat cereal or pizza 😩😂
Chickpea and spinach Curry
Lentil daal (there’s a great recipe online I’ll get link for you later)
Using quorn mince you can still make spag bolognese and lasagnas and chilli
Same with Quorn sausages - sausage mash and peas, toad in the hole
Sweet potato jacket with red kidney beans and an avocado salsa
Pasta veggie bakes
we almost always have wholemeal pittas with our meals if they aren’t that filling.
patatas bravas with tabouleh
Greek salad (with feta, olives, Greek yogurt, tatzeki and hummus dips for your pitta)

Also tray bake a load of veg (sweet potato, carrot, broccoli, pepper, red onion, mushrooms) and sprinkle with harissa powder. When done mix with some cooked couscous and feta cubes....really yummy

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m vegetarian and have started a total sugar ban as of 30 December. This means everything I eat has to be done from scratch, I’m im running out of ideas...help me!!
Turkish lentil soup. Delicious. There are many recipes out there. Served with lemon wedges on the side.

Reactions: 3
I made gumbo from the Jamie Oliver Veg book, all the recipes in there look amazing so will try a new one each week. They are mostly very cheap and healthy too. Bf had a chippy tea 😭

• Heart
Had a massive chicken and pepper fajita with sour cream and home made wedges. Delicious, currently unable to move :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 1
We had the 5 ingredient fish curry from Jamie Oliver here, although in this case it was a 6 ingredient one as I added mango chutney too.
I'm not normally a fan of Jamie to be honest. I find a lot of his recipes can be quite bland.
Had it with rice, naan and poppadoms.

Rib eye steak, (+ peppercorn sauce) sweet potato wedges & salad washed down with a bottle of Malbec 👍

Marks and Spencer Plant Kitchen Dirty Fries, accompanied by an onion platzel.

Do any of you meal plan for the week?
I started in the last 6 months, helps me so much now, don’t have to think about what to make when I’m home & also planning ahead really helped cut costs on the weekly shop. The only stress is sitting down on Friday night and actually deciding on the meals 😂

Do any of you meal plan for the week?
Always!

I always say to my partner ‘what are we eating next week?’ The day before Aldi (it does his head in😂) so I can make a list. I only do it because I never had the right ingredients for stuff and always ended up with wasted veg.

We have 0 waste now 90% of the time 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.