What are you cooking for dinner?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Has anyone else whilst we’ve been on lockdown just eaten shite 🥺😂 I made my son a roast dinner tonight and I had a crisp sandwich. Just can’t be arsed

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Has anyone else whilst we’ve been on lockdown just eaten shite 🥺😂 I made my son a roast dinner tonight and I had a crisp sandwich. Just can’t be arsed
Yes, ha ha! Started off trying to be healthy and cook nice meals. Made the kids pasta with homemade sauce but didn’t fancy it myself. Husband ate a pizza and I had scrambled egg and fried potatoes 🤣
I’ve not had a crisp sandwich for ages, I craved them in my last pregnancy 😋

Reactions: 3
Yes, ha ha! Started off trying to be healthy and cook nice meals. Made the kids pasta with homemade sauce but didn’t fancy it myself. Husband ate a pizza and I had scrambled egg and fried potatoes 🤣
I’ve not had a crisp sandwich for ages, I craved them in my last pregnancy 😋
I’ve just lost my passion for food don’t know why. I try and make the best meals I can for my son and boyfriend but I just usually have a little bite to eat or something 😂

Reactions: 2
Usual roast dinner tonight. Sunday cannot be without it in our house.

My meat delivery included a chicken so that roasted, creamed cabbage with breadcrumb and Parmesan crust, carrot and swede mash, steamed kale and sprouts, roast potatoes and we are still eating homemade Christmas cranberry. Had a brilliant veg box delivery this week too.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
It's the constant grazing I need to reign in lol. I generally really like pottering around in the kitchen, but it's definitely feeling like a chore some days.

Pre lockdown, I only ever planned 3 or 4 evening meals in advance for the week. 1 meal would be a meal out or takeout and the others would be decided on the hoof. Planning a whole weeks worth of breakfast, lunch and dinners is bugging the bejeezus out of me 😕😕

• Haha
I had baguette with butter and it was so boring but literally all I wanted 😂
Oh I fancy a baguette now.
Has anyone else found they have way more cravings for things now?
I think it must be psychological because we can’t just pop out for things like we used to, but almost every day I think “aw I really fancy some ____”

Reactions: 6
Please excuse the whining about meal planning btw. I do count my blessings that I'm still on full wages and working from the reasonable safety of my home. Just got a bit of cabin fever I think 😕

I think it must be psychological because we can’t just pop out for things like we used to, but almost every day I think “aw I really fancy some ____”
Totally this 👍

its always the case with not being able to have something isn’t it? When it was sunny I was like oh I’d love to pop to the shop and get some fruit and ice cream 😩

Genuinely curious about whether there's more than 2 ingredients in this? Recipe share please ☺
It’s got chopped onion cooked in butter, add tinned (or fresh) tomatoes, cook down add beans, heat together and fold in cooked pasta and grated cheese. If you google baked bean spaghetti Guardian it will come up. It was in one of the columns in the family section on a Saturday with a story about where it came from.

I’m making Rumbledethumps today as I have cabbage, onion and potatoes plus cheese. Can also use leeks.

Reactions: 3
Lamb roast. Plus homemade mint sauce because we didn't have any but I do have a slightly bug-eaten mint growing by the back door. Muddled in the pestle and mortar with some sarsons vinegar. Worked a treat.

Roast chicken here tonight, in the oven like a normal person and not in a slow cooker like some people on Instagram 👀

Chicken and chorizo filled tortellinis, tomato sauce, with garlic bread. Home made only in the sense that I made this dinner in my home 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Salmon: drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle thyme, salt, and pepper on it. And minced garlic. Cook in the oven at 375/190 for 25 minutes.

We are having it with a tomato pilaf that I made and some roasted vegetables.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.