Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Half_Pint_1213

I'm a total tattle lurker and I've never posted anything before but following this thread for a while. I'm sort of shocked at how Trisha has managed to grow such a flourishing community on insta when her message is so flawed. If she wants to pivot her page into a lifestyle, cookery page then that's grand off you go and do that. But she is preaching this message of constant reset to an audience that presumably are looking to lose weight or get healthier.

Her message would seem to me to be nearly dangerous for people who are struggling to lose weight. The constant going off plan then reset message is harmful to those who have an unhealthy relationship with food. If these people are following Trisha and taking on what she is saying at the moment, this is what they're learning: she's lost 2 stone since Xmas and yet has had how many days 'off plan' as she puts it and 'reset' afterwards with no repercussions for her weight loss journey, her mental health or her relationship with food.

Sorry but this cannot be true. Either she is in a severe calorie deficit when on plan which has enabled her to drop the weight, which she has not been clear about, or she's lying about going off plan so frequently which I don't think is the case. If anything I'd say she goes off plan more often than she says. I mean we heard all about this artisan Easter egg she ordered on line but when asked to show it at Easter turned out she'd already secretly binged on it the second it arrived. So her audience will be left puzzled when they mimic these behaviours she shows of one or more days a week off plan followed by instant reset, but aren't losing weight.

If you think about it, off plan and reset is basically another way of saying, binge then purge. And if you do that, you're eating in a disordered way which won't result in healthy weight loss and more importantly is detrimental to your mental health and absolutely will result in a worsening relationship with food and therefore further issues for you down the line. To see Trisha held up as a paragon of healthy living and a person who's lifestyle is to be praised and emulated is frankly disturbing. So much progress has been made in areas of disordered eating and weight loss but Trisha is doing her best to drag us backwards to the old days, not show positive and healthy behaviours. Which is fine if that's how she personally wants to do it, but not acceptable when she's held up as an example for so many struggling with these issues. I think Trisha has her own struggles and clearly has a lot of issues with food and I feel for her on those fronts. I don't think she's helping herself with her carry on online, and I think she's dug a hole for herself now that her 'transformation' is her only way of generating income for herself.

Sorry that this post is so long but I've been observing what's going on for a while now and wanted to share!

• Heart
Reactions: 57

brandambassador

VIP Member
The point is being missed for that poster. This isn’t about Trisha having an egg or not. It’s that she will come on Easter week & forget what she told us about buying her €40 egg and she will say she doesn’t want chocolate this year as she’s reset and realised it’s not helpful to her. So every other overweight person following Trisha will then feel bad about their Easter egg (which we know they shouldn’t ) but it’s the lies, the mixed messages, she lied about doing half a million steps in Oct/Nov she still lies. She’s often say she walked for 2 hours and did 5km... this kind of thing. Lots of her stories don’t add up because they are lies. I walk to my office it’s 1.8km it’s about 1000 steps, 10k steps for me is about 6-7km... Trisha isnt walking at a snails pace. The numbers don’t add up on walks, calories or the scales. Nobody is fat shaming Trisha. It’s lie shaming instead. I’d have more respect for someone to come on saying they’re struggling & they’ve a stone put on because at least we could trust them. Trisha has kept this act of a giant reset since January but outside of her filtered photos , she looks very different on videos or TV3 6pm show. She’s telling so many lies so that you’ll buy her book. And that is so wrong. Daly dish isn’t pretending to have lost any weight to try sell her book. She’s desperately trying to get SP for all acts of her day. Her breakfast, vitamins, bed, make up, skin care, workouts, clothes, water!!!!, and everything else. Her followers aren’t her transformers they are currency to her. And she’s a big dirty liar of a con woman so yes, we will talk about her buying an Easter egg because we are due a big reset again after Easter yet she will backtrack on the egg story. This is the wrong place for anyone who thinks poor Trisha is being fat shamed

• Heart
Reactions: 41

brandambassador

VIP Member
Recap for anyone living in the dark on this ...

Feb 2018 - started weight loss journey
Feb 2019- lost 100 pounds , shouted a LOT
March 2019-Jan 2021, did not lost a further pound, put back on 70 of the original 100 lost (admitted by herself ).
Sold a book based on her transformation, continues to shout at everyone to just walk, eat healthy, beat the bulge etc and finally admits, in Jan 2021, 23 months after the initial weight loss, that she did not lose any weight in 2020 and in fact ate her way through it. Yet she continues to accept money for paid corporate wellness talks (who takes wellness talks from a secret eating obese fraud?) , sells her book despite not even following her own food plan, has sold her soul to meaghers pharmacy. Continued to accept money for advertising fiit classes, protein shakes and exercise gear in 2020 despite now admitting all she did was eat her way through it. Got too big (literally and metaphorically) for her boots and left her cheffing job. Food presentation is questionable anyway.

Jan 2021- came out in paper that Trisha has another book due in May, the 21 day reset. Coming from the one who hasn’t been able to stick to a reset in 23 months and has only now admitted this but continues to try and make money from it.
Has said nothing about the book as she is an absolute laughing stock on Instagram pretending to be into her reset . Sending mixed messages, collecting a Chinese ‘ for her sister’ but then a passive aggressive talk on food shame, ‘garlic chips for her mother’ but the next week they were for Trisha, came on to confess she had a twirl and then made a comparison to having a car full of wrappers and eating in secret.. is this the woman you want to buy a book from on a 21 day reset?

big fat con

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40

Taylor17

VIP Member
We have is it a Cork thing on the julie thread and now is it a country thing here. The "thing" is always common as muck behaviour too. If we were saying is that a fat thing or is that a single mother thing there would be uproar. Maybe there's people on this thread who have never met a person from another county or from outside the town/city they were reared so that's why they have such a small minded narrow opinion and think that all country people literally only come down from the mountain to get the shopping once a week and we are all a bunch of roaring, shouting oafs

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31

Gym+coffee

She just answered a question saying she will share her weight when she feels like it.. that’s not now a weight loss account works unfortunately hun

• Haha
Reactions: 31

Julesffs

I eventually figured out why she doesn’t respond to DM’s or has them ‘turned off’
There’s no engagement aka no income in them
So she asks for q’s under a recent post to be able to prove high engagement to brands
An absolute money grabbing b***ch not one bit interested in transforming anything except her bank balance!

• Wow
Reactions: 29

Indiepop

God forgive me for saying because I really don’t want to be a hater and I do think fair play to her for losing 2 stone and sticking at it and it’s great to see her happier but my God if there’s another ‘here’s fat Trisha and I wish I could tell her how much I love her’ before and after photo, I’m gonna lose the plot!

Reactions: 29

Julesffs

I’m back to thinking whoever convinced her to go on the Late Late Show halfway through her journey did her enormous harm.
She got caught up in the freebies, looking better - which she did. But 2 book deals, schilling products that have no bearing on transformation is not helping her now.
And the Stunhuns and groupies with the ‘you’re killing it/ smashing it’ comments every day can’t help.
Love yourself and be positive by all means but change the name of your page to Trisha Lewis and take your chances without trying to convince people you’re the next weigh loss guru.

Reactions: 27
Sorry but shes a cheeky bitch... I loved following Trisha at the start.
She built her following on weekly weight loss updates accompanied by pounds of butter for visualization... so she now gets ads because of her followers....

Now shes telling her loyal followers to not dm her.. not ask questions... about anything.. nah fuck that now... that's cheeky as fuck in my opinion....

Remember it was your followers who got you to where u were at... actual cheek of her

Reactions: 27

Newca

Self confessed ex trisha fan here 🙋‍♀️ (embarrassingly)!! Totally fell for her tripe. Bought the book the first week it came out, not a bad book tbf but holy fuck she is full of shit. Nothing lost in years and this crap with saying the scales doesn't define me.... Emmm it's a weight loss journey you're on your followers are on with you. The greed the ignorance, ignoring and turning off dms just proves how rude she is. Her poor family must be in a heap living with her and worried about her. Highly immature and not funny stories at times verging on bizarre some of it. Zero calorie counting, breakfast alone must be 700 calories plus.
Beat the bulge my hole. Your halo is slipping more like hanging off, I never agreed with the comments on this thread before even found them disgusting but now I see the light! Cop on trisha, and don't mortify yourself with a second book without losing anything since the first only gaining.

Reactions: 26

Astral

Isn't it just proof how the power of persuasion can work.
She's a page set up calling it her transformation. She initially puts in a fair bit of effort, gets a good following and interests from sponsors. She reaches a milestone, manages to create big furore about it and gets more attention. Everyone involved thinks she's wonderful and are fully convinced she's going to reach her goals.
She starts to struggle and put on weight but she keeps it a secret and runs the page like she's still on the same mission. She even launches a book, it seems to take off really well despite their been no mention of any further loss from her.
Lockdown hits and she piles on more weight but this time can admit it eventually as half the country are in the same boat and can sympathise. She talks about resetting many many times. Some people start to notice she looks heavier others believe in her, it's a transformation page why would she lie.
Christmas comes and with it talk of another book and roaring at her followers not to wait until the new year to start.
New year arrives and she confesses to having eaten her way through 2020 including over Christmas, piled on weigh and is resetting.
Week one, there's lots of activity, she's very sore though and has to force herself to exercise in a moderate way. She drops a half a stone, big celebrations, but won't say where she is now weight loss wise. The following week weigh in day arrives with no update as to how it went. The week goes on and she is very quiet on line telling all about been allergic to walking, moaning about the weather and having a lazy day.
Today arrives and she's on our national TV cooking and talking about her transformation.
She looks lovely and happy and is clearly in a much better place than 3 years ago but she is not hugely different than when she started.
But look the presenters love her, she has 173K followers, lots of sponsorships and two books, she really must be transforming herself, she says so, they all believe her, it has to be true.

Name the children's fairytale that this little modern day tale is based on please?

• Haha
  • Heart

brandambassador

VIP Member
I’ll be annihilated for saying this but wow, that is a lot of hatred right there🙈 very harsh!
No you’re entitled to your opinion, we are all friends here. I have a best friend of 20 years, morbidly obese. Has thought about surgery. Tried all the diets. Lead to fertility issues & then years of miscarriage and loss for her before finally her lovely 4 year old boy. She then became a Trisha fan which in 2018-2019 was super. She was motivated by her, lost a few stone, bought the book etc. But Trisha has become a fraud. She sold her book everyday in 2020 on her stories. Came on roaring about water and walk and resets. Now we all know that was a lie & she’s turned the story into self love. So now my friend has started to do the same. ‘At least I can live myself’ - and listen, I’m here for that. We all love my friend. But she has serious health issues due to weight. She’s not even 40 & can’t walk more than door to car. I fear a heart attack some day for her. She idolises Trisha because Trisha has plastered HEALTH all over obesity & it’s obvious to anyone with one eye or a good guide dog that she’s not following her reset. She’s making money & fools out of people like my friend & she’s actually playing with lives. And we all know Trisha isn’t directly responsible for my friends health, but she has a large (and large number) audience who watch her glorify obesity & allow themselves to do the same. She’s a fraud.

Last edited by a moderator:

Influenced

Chatty Member
She worked in 1 restaurant serving broadly the same menu give or take, so at least the same cuisine for her entire culinary career. Her lack of skills, diversity, taste is apparent from any of her food stories I have seen. There is no respect for provenance. Its the cheapest shite meat and veg from Aldi. Nothing local, nothing interesting. What she knows about food you could fit on a postage stamp. She George foremans boiled eggs for the love of christ.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Pioneer

The biggest problem I see with Trisha is the fact she is promoting the very thing that has made her obese. Trisha still equates food with having a good time, hence the great resets are needed every time she enjoys herself. She gets out walking most days but it's not something she looks forward to most of the time.
I really think working around food isn't helping her either, that's all well and good when the weight is lost but buying ingredients and cooking dishes is a recipe for binge eating.
She needs to move away from food and create new interests. Food, especially sugar is incredibly addictive and she has a very big problem with it. It's like putting an alcoholic behind a bar and asking them not to drink, it's very few that would manage it.
Trisha has sadly set herself up for failure and created a monster by her focus on food when in reality she needs to get away from it, at least until she's a healthy weight.
I've lost a lot of weight, my problems around food are all in the past. I never struggle to keep it off or count calories, drink water or worry about how many walks I get in. I put it down to a mental change, focusing on health and getting involved with the kind of activities that I actually enjoy instead of pounding the roads in frustration trying to reach some magic step number.

Reactions: 24

square_spoon

VIP Member
It's quite difficult to like her anymore, everything seems to be for sale and her channel has become like some kind of pound shop where you're there for one thing but they try to flog you a zillion random other pieces of tat while you're in there. She's clearly struggling with her weight loss (assuming she's even trying at all) but other slimmers who aren't really trying either are gonna lap that kind of stuff up...'oh look Trisha is eating healthy and pounding the pavements too and her weight isn't going down either!!!!!!!!!!' :rolleyes: I say that as someone with a significant weight issue myself..and one of the greatest barriers to people actually succeeding is irresponsible dishonest 'gurus' like her peddling anything that lines their bank account under the guise of being 'real' and just like one of us. She's lost all credibility and likability over a few short months but she'll have her army of deluded people who aren't really trying either defend her to the last, because their scales aren't moving either while they down the twirls and porridge breakfast buckets. I do hope she succeeds on a human level because her health is compromised at her size and in some ways she's only human like the rest of us are. But her lies are irresponsible and harming other people and that's where my sympathy ends for her and whatever struggles she's enduring. Oh, and if she has such an issue with people criticising her content she can refund me the price of the book I wasted last year....

• Heart

square_spoon

VIP Member
I was the same, bought the book and was rooting for her, she was a bit mad and loud but kinda harmless. Then as she changed and everything became an ad she sort of turned into that OTT loud lunatic friend/acquaintance we all know that's probably a little troubled and you put up with because it's easier than trying to talk to them (because they won't listen anyway - like someone else we know!). Honestly I'd love if she just took a break from social media to focus on herself and get better, whether that's weight loss or it isn't she is seriously into self-sabotage and there's something more going on there with that than meets the eye. Becoming a full-time 'influencer' means she's not sound Trisha who happened to have lost weight, she's Trisha the weight loss 'guru' and it changes the dynamic completely (and that's aside from the fact she's not losing any weight at all). Everything is about the next euro and it's become a job rather than a joy for her. For her own sake I do hope she takes some time out to focus on herself and getting things back together because it's only a matter of time before she crashes and burns, probably quite spectacularly, and I'd actually hate for that to happen for her on a human level.

That said, she blocked me a couple of weeks ago when I liked the post of that woman who made the comment about Trisha not bothering to know the calories in things. I thought it was appalling she almost goaded people into piling onto that woman when she made a very valid point, and to see her 'transformers' tearing this woman apart in the comments was utterly disgusting.

Patchamatcha

Binge and purge, is spot on, very unhealthy msg for any ed sufferers who follow her, tbh i think this has all been in the works since her 1st book, put on covid weight, which a fair few have, than reset and go again, great concept for a book, except i really doubt the reset should happen every single week..ya know like a lot of others i really root for trish the funny clumsy relatable Trish, but the flogging mattresses and toothbrushes Trish i have zero interest in, the Trish who will not take anything onboard but the lick arses comments and praise, I seen a lot of myself in the poor auld trish posts, that fat girl eating food for 4 ppl in my car parked in an industrial estate, that girl who always put herself down in public before anyone else had the chance, there too are pics of me looking enormous and dead behind the eyes, afraid to sit on a barstool in case it collapsed, but guess what i dont keep looking back to move forward it has taken me yrs to understand this and ya know what I'm good, i exercise for me, i eat sensible 80 %of the time, if i veg out i dont "reset" i dont feel guilty i enjoy and move on cos life is so short,i take no notice of clothes sizes if it fits great it can be a 14 or an 18, all stores vary crazily.. i really hope she takes the bull by the horns, gets a proper job, gets back to the gym eventually, develops a healthy lifestyle and quits the gram,comes back in 18 mnths and blows us all away, cos the real Trish deserves this.

• Heart
Recap for anyone living in the dark on this ...

Feb 2018 - started weight loss journey
Feb 2019- lost 100 pounds , shouted a LOT
March 2019-Jan 2021, did not lost a further pound, put back on 70 of the original 100 lost (admitted by herself ).
Sold a book based on her transformation, continues to shout at everyone to just walk, eat healthy, beat the bulge etc and finally admits, in Jan 2021, 23 months after the initial weight loss, that she did not lose any weight in 2020 and in fact ate her way through it. Yet she continues to accept money for paid corporate wellness talks (who takes wellness talks from a secret eating obese fraud?) , sells her book despite not even following her own food plan, has sold her soul to meaghers pharmacy. Continued to accept money for advertising fiit classes, protein shakes and exercise gear in 2020 despite now admitting all she did was eat her way through it. Got too big (literally and metaphorically) for her boots and left her cheffing job. Food presentation is questionable anyway.

Jan 2021- came out in paper that Trisha has another book due in May, the 21 day reset. Coming from the one who hasn’t been able to stick to a reset in 23 months and has only now admitted this but continues to try and make money from it.
Has said nothing about the book as she is an absolute laughing stock on Instagram pretending to be into her reset . Sending mixed messages, collecting a Chinese ‘ for her sister’ but then a passive aggressive talk on food shame, ‘garlic chips for her mother’ but the next week they were for Trisha, came on to confess she had a twirl and then made a comparison to having a car full of wrappers and eating in secret.. is this the woman you want to buy a book from on a 21 day reset?

big fat con
Good recap. One thing I would add is she has no accountability for any weight loss and there has been none and no proof as she won’t admit her weight as she has in the very very distant past. She continually lies and misleads so you can’t believe a word out of her mouth. There is and hasn’t been any “Transformation” and even if she says she lost 7 lbs we can’t believe a word she says. Anything remotely asked re weight which is why people follow her is deleted and blocked.

She’s been through multiple gyms and private trainers and still three years later there’s no progress. She has every sponsored advert she can get but honestly why would you buy ANYTHING she is BEING PAID to promote when just look at her?? She’s not losing weight, she’s rude as hell, and has no business being a poster child for weight loss. It’s an absolute joke. Her celebrity “friends” tolerate her. Not one of them has the guts to say what’s really going on which is nothing. She doesn’t have a job, she lives at home with her parents, she’s still the same weight as at least two years ago if not bigger.

This past year, she’s got a new car, brought out a “book” hasn’t practiced what she preaches, had a podcast now doesn’t, tried to sell subscriptions to an online magazine called wait for it....RESET!!!! 😂😂😂😂 That lasted only one time. and is promoting anything and everything. This turned out to be longer than I expected. I’d have more respect for her if she just said I’ve failed. I’m starting again and this is where I stand. There’s not enough therapy in this world for her.

brandambassador

VIP Member
this absolute fraud wont even pay the 11-16e a month for zoom to be able to go over 45 mins!!! her classes are 45 mins because thats the free zoom limit. imagine she wouldnt even give 11 euro to bring it up to the hour. what a big fucking fraud

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23