Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WhatABore

VIP Member
Doctor has just come in and confirmed she has a throat infection, ear infection and pneumonia

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

WhatABore

VIP Member
Update nobody asked for on the 4yo.

Currently they've seen she has a uti and ear infection.
They think there's something else though. She's had bloods taken and an xray because she hurt her knee last week and still can't walk properly. So they're concerned it's an infection in the joint.

Her heart rate is currently sitting at 165bpm 😩
We were supposed to go back to a waiting room but she's fallen asleep on the bed after doing her bloods so they've left us in here!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15

WhatABore

VIP Member
Kids really know how to embarrass you.

Got our own room with a bathroom.

Gone to pee told her ill be back in a minute.

Nurse has come in whilst I'm mid pee.
"Where's mummy?"

"she's in there. I think she's gone for a big poo"
😑😑
Fml.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

WhatABore

VIP Member
@WhatABore how are you both?xxx
We're doing okay thank you.
I feel a bit better today.
For now 😂

She's still sleeping so I'm hoping it's her trying to catch up and not her getting worse.

We've had 3 lots of student doctors come around and ask if they can listen to her back.
I've had to decline. I feel bad declining as theyve all got to learn somewhere but I just don't want to wake her for unnecessary things when she's already been poked and prodded enough.
We had one lot come in yesterday and ask too and she got so worked up about it and wouldn't let them.
She's so worried they'll hurt her.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
First time here and I just needed somewhere to talk/put this.

This morning my two year old bit me and I had a fight or flight response and lashed out at him, hitting his cheek. No mark was left, and I profusely apologised afterwards. He’s fine about it and we both have talked about it more and said we don’t hit or bite.

I feel absolutely awful about it. I’m totally against corporal punishment (even if I’ve been at breaking point before it would neverget that far). I just literally saw red and the place he bit (fleshy but in the side of my back) had me reaching straight back with a slapping hand, I’d have done it to anyone biting me there. It was instinctive, but I feel so much shame. I’ve been crying about it on and off since it happened.

I guess I just wanted to get it off my chest & see if anyone had similar stories to make me feel a bit more normal & not like the monster I current feel like.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

WhatABore

VIP Member
It’s so hard trusting our babies with other people. @WhatABore how did you get on at the hospital? Hope she’s feeling better soon x
After 3 hours in a side room, they did exactly the same as the gp, listened to her chest, checked her ears and checked her temperature. Which was 39.8 at the time.
Said they can't hear anything in her chest, her ears are fine so the doctor is right that it probably is just a respitory tract infection and just give her calpol.

I said she's had a temperature constant, even with calpol for 4 days now. Without calpol, it's going above 40. She's constantly sleeping. Says her stomach and back hurts. Keeps being sick. Cough for nearly 5 weeks now. Hasn't eaten for 4 days now. Says her head hurts.
And they just said "Yeah, she might take a while to get over it. Just give her calpol"

They wouldn't even check for anything else.
My biggest concern isn't so much that she is ill, it's that she's not got any better. Her temperature hasn't lowered in nearly 5 days now.

We got home and she slept for 4 hours. She woke up, I gave her a shower which knocked her out again. So I put her to bed at 6.
Checked on her a few times in the night and to give her some calpol to lower her temp.
She woke up at 10 with a temp of 39.4.
Given her some more calpol and now putting her back to bed!

5th day of refusing all food.
Got her to drink a bit of warm milk and then she's thrown it up coughing 😩

• Heart
  • Sad

WhatABore

VIP Member
So she has a uti that has spread to her kidneys, ear infection and tonsillitis.
They're still concerned about her knee so they're doing an mri tomorrow and sedating her 😭

They were a bit concerned that her oxygen dropped to 80 and heart rate up to 185 though

• Heart
  • Sad

WhatABore

VIP Member
After the 4yo slept for almost 24 hours yesterday, she was happy sitting yo and playing, I even had to tell her to calm down at one point because she was laughing so loud.
And then overnight just feels like we're back to square one.
She's difficult to wake, temp back up to 40 and heart rate back up in the 160s 😩

• Heart
  • Sad
1667250608963.png

I saw this the other week. It’s a bit cheesy but makes me feel better 💘. My 3 year old is still in nappies & feel like he’s never gonna get there !! But at nursery they say he can do things the other kids can’t and vice versa he’s not great with speech & in nappies whereas other kids are good at these things whereas he’s good at undressing himself & has shown really good problem solving.

so whenever you’re feeling stressed just remember it’s not a race & all kids are perfect in their own way 💘

• Heart
Update nobody asked for on the 4yo.

Currently they've seen she has a uti and ear infection.
They think there's something else though. She's had bloods taken and an xray because she hurt her knee last week and still can't walk properly. So they're concerned it's an infection in the joint.

Her heart rate is currently sitting at 165bpm 😩
We were supposed to go back to a waiting room but she's fallen asleep on the bed after doing her bloods so they've left us in here!
Well done for keeping pushing, you know when they're not right! Really hope you get all the answers and the right treatment now.

I just asked my 3yo not to wipe her dirty hands on her clean jumper and said "I have enough laundry to do already!" and she looked thoughtful and said "you should get daddy to do the laundry!"
You're right, I should!

• Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
I was saying to my partner how bad it is that we have to put our lives in the doctors hands but they never take it seriously.
I know they're over run and they're super busy.
This could've got so much worse.
They said we were lucky we came in when we did because it's got so bad already.

My dad was diagnosed with a chest infection. For 3 months they threw antibiotics at him instead of doing any tests.
It was only because he eventually got hospitalised struggling to breathe, realised his neck was swollen, that they did tests in hospital and turned out he had lung cancer which had spread everywhere. Only had a week to live after the diagnosis.

My partners Mum also went in with constant bad headaches. They just kept telling her she was suffering from migraines and kept prescribing pain killers.
Went for a routine eye test a week later and was told she had a brain tumour that needed operating on immediately.

It's just so scary that it happens so often!

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad

al255

VIP Member
I have 4 and definitely want more. With night feeds/wakings you just have to remember they are not forever. And it may sound strange but try to enjoy them, there’s nothing like feeding and cuddling a small baby in the dark quiet of the night. Babies are pure love :)
this is why you’ve got 4 and I’ve got one and stopping at one 😂 as I’ve said I absolutely hate the newborn stage, right up to atleast 2. If I could skip it all and get to this age my daughter is at now I would.The newborn-2 years stage puts me off ever having anymore. I’ve just got my evenings and some proper night sleeps back haha.

all I was thinking during the night feeds was hurry up and finish your bottle I’m dying to go back to sleep😂💖

• Haha
Reactions: 10

WhatABore

VIP Member
The staff at the hospital have been amazing and she's been so brave.
She's been poked, prodded and stabbed constantly.
Blood sugars done every hour. And she's not complained once!

• Heart

bottombanana

Thank you for the advice everyone. It’s good to know all these things are things others have gone through.

One thing I find hardest is every time we go through a new stage, with our eldest especially or with the baby’s constant crying, I honestly think I’ve made a massive mistake and maybe parenthood isn’t for me. I know, as with everything, it’s just a season but it just seems so hard and never ending and lonely

• Heart

al255

VIP Member
Me going on about potty training again, sorry not sorry….. 2 accidents ALL DAY at nursery!!!!!! This late afternoon when she’s getting tired. Nursery said she kept asking and asking to go and she’s really cracked it.

I got her some haribo for after nursery as a treat and her stickerchart has come. I am just bursting with proudness for her 🥹🥹🥹🥹🥹

• Heart
Reactions: 9

WhatABore

VIP Member
What is their plan for her, @WhatABore? Have they said how long she may need to stay?
Her infection rates are really high so she's just finished strong antibiotics on the drip and now she's just having some fluid and glucose through it.
Then in the morning they'll do another lot of antibiotics and hopefully her mri scan.
If they can't get her in for an mri, they'll sedate her anyway and try a needle in her joint to see if they can get any fluid out.
They've said to be prepared to be in for a few days though. All depending on the mri results tomorrow

• Heart

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
Just dropping back in, sending lots of wine (or whatever is your vice of choice) to everyone having a tough time of it :)

Fireworks were constant last night (as to be expected) but mini Pillows slept through most of them thank God. She was watching them out of the window before bed and absolutely loving them.

al255

VIP Member
So I just need to rant about my Daughters Dad.

My daughters dad & I split the weekend - So one of us has her Friday - Saturday and Saturday to Sunday (she stays with me from Sunday afternoon, all week until the weekend). It works well for us both as we get some of the weekend to ourselves.

Now. It’s probably three times a year that she will stay Friday - Sunday. The weekend just gone she did as we had just got back off holiday on the Wednesday and I had plans with my friends.

EVERY time she stays for 2 nights it’s like he can’t cope and everything he’s learn about parenting in the last nearly 3 years goes out the fucking window and he hasn’t got a clue.

She slept badly Friday and Saturday night, apparently she was up quite a lot of the night just unsettled which is understandable given she had just spent 9/10 days& nights solid with me. He told me on the Saturday he wanted her to come here and he would sleep downstairs and I said no. Mainly because it’s my only full weekend to myself, I had loads of washing to do, tidying up and I wanted to enjoy a Sunday in peace. Selfish I know but I didn’t care at that point, I’d just taken us away on holiday and didn’t get a break (my choice I know😂)

He kept moaning he was tired and he can’t function bla bla bla, I just get on with my day on both Saturday & Sunday. Sunday comes around and I wake up to a text that says “come and get her at 10am” baring in mind I hadn’t done a food shop, I’d only just woke up at 9:30am cos I was having a much needed, well deserved lie in!!!! And I firmly said no I’ll get her after lunch as I needed to get up, have a shower and go to the shops to do a big food shop. I wasn’t rushing round 😡

I pick her up at 12:30pm and we go to my dads, I notice a burn on her wrist and I text him asking
Him what’s happened cos it didn’t happen with me. We came off hol Wednesday and got a takeaway and Thursday we had oven food so there was NO way she did that with me. Anyway. He said she tried to grab something off the stove and burnt her wrist however she didn’t cry (absolute bullshit cos she won’t even let me touch it to but cream on it), anyway. He didn’t tell me she had done it. I had to see it for myself! He didn’t seem to give a shit, the story of what happened didn’t really add up. So then at nursery pick up today I got questioned and I just told them the truth about it. I said I went mad at Dad cos he doesn’t seem to realise it could have been a hot pan she grabbed and there is NO way in my Care that would have happened.

She knows full well when mummy is cooking to keep away from the cooker and oven and she knows it’s hot cos she goes “ahhh, ahhh” with her hand pretending.

I just feel like I can’t even leave her for a weekend cos something will happen, i feel guilty for having a weekend to myself which I really needed cos I was full of a cold. The last time she went to his for a full weekend she had conjunctivitis and he didn’t do anything about it, gave her to me on Sunday and I had to deal with an unhappy child all week.

I just get so pissed off cos why is it such hard work for him to just look after his child and not moan, or for something to not go wrong or for her to get injured. I’ve said she isn’t going this weekend and he said ok, he’s got a football game on Saturday anyway. I’m just sick of it. All weekend he expected me to come and get her cos he was tired and I just think GET A FUCKING GRIP!!!!!! We are all tired! We all have jobs and other things going on. I just needed to rant cos I’m completely pissed off at his lack of giving a fuck about her burning herself and I feel guilty I left her for a weekend. I don’t expect anyone to reply to my mega rant 😂 just led in bed fuming over the weekend and his shitty parenting😡

• Heart
  • Sad