Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ChattyMammy

Chatty Member
I'm so sorry to hijack this thread but I don't know where to turn. I've posted similar on Mumsnet but I'm just desperate for advice. My son is 10 months old (nearly 11) sorry I know this is a toddler thread but I'm thinking you guys here might have been through something similar with yours!

I am at my wit's end :( my nipples are severely damaged from my son's teeth. He has 4 and the top 2 constantly rubbing have caused open wounds on my areolas. Both sides. It's been like this for a few weeks now, I've done absolutely everything to improve latch etc, I'm feeding in different positions too but I'm in agony every time I feed no matter what position etc I try. Honestly I was getting to the point where I was done mentally with breastfeeding anyway, I had started to introduce a sippy cup with pumped milk in to try get him used to it ready for me going back to work..but now this pure agony is making me want to stop ASAP. Even when I'm not feeding my nipples are constantly hurting. My son feeds to sleep so I know this is going to be difficult. After a nap he will take 4oz at the very most out of a sippy cup and this takes a lot of encouragement and distraction to get him to do so. And then he still cries for boob after. Honestly I'm on the edge of a breakdown. I don't know how I can keep feeding with the pain I'm in. And I just don't want to. I know I need to do this slowly and gently for both of us but part of me just wants to book a hotel for the weekend, leave baby with dad and a fridge full of pumped milk and just leave them to it. I feel awful for saying it but honestly I feel on the edge of a breakdown.

Some one please tell me how you got your EBF baby off boob fairly quickly :(

Sorry for the essay, and I am booked to see a GP about my nipples tomorrow as the wounds are quite open and oozing. Help!!!!
My mental health feels in the gutter at the minute. I should also add he had 2 sippy cups of milk yesterday that replaced 2 feeds but he didn't even manage 4oz each time and then he ended up waking in the night 3 times when he hasn't done that for weeks :(
Sorry this is so long winded I just feel really desperate and don't know where to get support really.
Sounds like a really tough time for you both 😖 is there any bf support in your area you could maybe contact? I don’t really have any advice as I was lucky my boy weaned really easily but I know a lot of babies really struggle, I hope the GP can help with your nipples I can only imagine it’s agony 😖!

BlueRose

Chatty Member
Oh bless her. I’m not sure what you could do for that. How come it annoys her ?
I'm not sure she keeps scratching. Thought it was the nappies but she been in the same ones for some time. We use the cream to help out only in the morning and night. No allergy to it. It's just don't know what else to do. She has her nappy off for about an hour a day also (have the pet and kid training sheets all down stairs has she nit ready for the potty)

Definitelyme

VIP Member
My step mum keeps saying my daughter is too big to be in nappies cos she leaked at their house once overnight. Well, she’s NEVER leaked for me or her dad. I have no rush to get her out of nappies and don’t really see the point in forcing it.
All my kids have had nappy leaks overnight since newborn. Should have trained them up then I suppose 🤣

al255

VIP Member
This was normal for us - MiniGlenCoco did amazing on her first day but then her second day was just accident after accident. The third day was marginally better and the 4th was a bit better and we just kept with it. By day 7 or 8 she was pretty much done.

She was a bit older at just over 3 years old though so she might have understood a bit better.

And you know your little one better than anyone else so if you don't feel she is ready then that's the right decision for you guys 💕
Yeah I think she’s just abit too young to get it. My Dad & step mum, grandma where all on at me to get her out of nappies and I kept saying she isn’t ready at all. So. They can do1 now 🤣🤣

When mini A goes to bed on bonfire night I put white noise on and it drowns them out x
He’s gone to bed ok thank god. The dog was going mad at th back door so I let him out and when I did my back neighbours must have let them it cos it was soooo loud and above us. He ran off screaming and crying I feel awful😭😭😭

Rlaw1978

VIP Member
So my 18 month old was waking 3/4 x at night for milk. Advice from health visitor was to reduce the milk & replace with water. We’ve done this to the point that it’s 99% water. Baby is still waking and wanting it, finishing the however much is in the bottle.
Any advice on next steps? I’m thinking reducing the volume little by little? Not sure how to get to the point where baby is not waking for it. Have tried to settle in other ways but baby gets distressed, don’t want to ‘cry it out’. Baby falls asleep initially on his own, without a bottle. It’s just a problem with the waking for a bottle.

al255

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend any games for my daughter who is nearly 3 on App Store? She likes CBeebies and number blocks but some I’ve downloaded for her you have to pay to get the full version and it’s such a con 😂 she’s claimed my iPad that I got from me to me 😂

Does anyone have a Yoto or Toniebox? I’m thinking to get one for my daughters birthday in October or Xmas. She will have a new sibling in January so I’m thinking ahead and want to record some stories that she can play when I’m exhausted or busy with the baby. Both seem quite similar but the Yoto has a few more features like sleep sounds and a nightlight which turns into a wake up light.

wakametango 2.0

VIP Member
It’s so frustrating isn’t it! She’s stopped napping for a good month now thankfully but my word. 5:30am is so early no matter how early I even go to bed! Then I don’t get an evening 😵💫 I’m hoping it’s just a phase.. 🙃

I’m going to ban drinking after 6:30pm, I wonder if she’s waking up cos she’s needing a wee.. her nappies are dry when she wakes up! Do potty trained kid mums/dads wake their child up for a wee at 10pm?
Oh toddler Waka started about 11 months and just snapped out of it at 14 months! Sometimes she woke at 4:30-5:00 too. I was a crazy lady accusing my partner of making nose in his sleep but it was actually out of our control. Yeah, It’s SO early. I have given her a pouch and fallen back asleep at times 🙊😩😩
Yes I remember from my nephew he would get taken a couple times in the night!

al255

VIP Member
Yes we went from 90 minute nap to no nap at all about a month ago. It was tricky for about a week with him being a bit grumpy and almost falling asleep at 5pm but he soon got used to it and now he’s pretty much always asleep by 6:30pm! I miss the nap but a longer evening is lovely.
Thank you - she’s usually really hyper after tea time so hopefully it’ll be ok🫠

Are you concerned about his hearing? My 3 year old had hearing tests from 1ish twice a year. He had glue ear, but he grew out of it at the beginning of this year. I can’t remember why we were concerned and how we were referred, but his speech was very delayed, only just getting much better
Nursery have suggested it to rule it out due to speech delay. I’m personally not sure There’s anything wrong with his ears. But they want to check 😊

WhatABore

VIP Member
My groclock never turns yellow, unless you press it?! It’s always been like this, so has never worked for us. 3yo is scared of it as well 😭
That's strange 🤔

You usually bring the settings up...
Go onto the star and choose the time you want it to go yellow... And then there's also a sun... Which can be used for nap times but we set them both for the same time incase I do the wrong one at night.

And then you press the button, pick the star or Sun and press the middle button, it'll go blue and it should then change back to yellow at the time you set in the settings

Jellybean093

VIP Member
Hi all

just wanting a little bit of advice..

So mini A has been waking up early (5:45am) and she’s stopped napping.. she’s going to bed at 7.30pm and she’s tired. Would putting her to bed abit earlier work when she’s up early? I’m just at a loss😳xxx
We are going through the same thing apart from slightly later at 6am. I know this isn’t a bad time, but he would normally go until 7ish. He has had the most dreadful cough the last couple of weeks, which I think wakes him and the whole house 🫠

BlueRose

Chatty Member
How long has it been since she was around someone?
It can take 4-7 days to show positive 😊
Fingers crossed you stay negative!
She was around them Friday and Saturday. The person told me late Sunday. I let's hope.
I just don't want to go through trying again..she was terrified..we was trying so hard to be careful and not scare her. 😣 it would take three of us to do it next time. I can't get her to be afraid when going nearby her face. Especially her nose when we do nosey nosey kisses. But I have to fight it to make sure she is well. Shame their no easier way.

Megatron1298

VIP Member
Does he really need a sleeping bag for a nap? I would have just put long sleeve jammies on and let him have one without and then covered him up with a blanket afterwards. Pick your battles 🤣
I couldn’t care less other than that he doesn’t climb out of bed when he’s in a sleeping bag 😂

I think that sounds pretty normal for a toddler. You’ve just had a new baby and both poorly, he’s adjusting to the change and not able to tell you how he feels. Seems like he’s using these moments to let some of it out. Go easy on yourself and defo pick your battles. It’s so easy to get into a power struggle with toddlers, but if you take a moment and think about it a lot of it isn’t worth the battle. Hope you and baby are feeling better soon ❤
Yeah it’s so difficult isn’t it, we have been giving him so much attention since the baby arrived but I guess he’s still adjusting (aren’t we all!)

al255

VIP Member
Thank you for all the replies, maybe just all her friends got it super fast? I've just never heard of a child not using the toilet several months after being potty trained but maybe it's more normal than I realised.
The main reason we want her to is for independence and convenience really, she wants to use the loo independently but our downstairs loo which is the one she mostly uses the potty in is tiny and several times she has kicked the full potty over etc which upsets her so it would just be much simpler using the toilet in other respect. And convenience when we're out and about really.

But maybe you're all right and we just need to give it more time? I just worry about school next year too but that's a long way, I'm sure she'll have got it before then.
don’t worry!! Eventually she will use the toilet. My little girl has sat on the toilet and she will use it but she prefers her potty. I honestly thought she would be in nappies forever and within 4.5 days she’s dry day and night basically. Just remember how kids are- next week she might hate the potty and love the toilet😂