Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Update nobody asked for on the 4yo.

Currently they've seen she has a uti and ear infection.
They think there's something else though. She's had bloods taken and an xray because she hurt her knee last week and still can't walk properly. So they're concerned it's an infection in the joint.

Her heart rate is currently sitting at 165bpm 😩
We were supposed to go back to a waiting room but she's fallen asleep on the bed after doing her bloods so they've left us in here!
Well done for keeping pushing, you know when they're not right! Really hope you get all the answers and the right treatment now.

I just asked my 3yo not to wipe her dirty hands on her clean jumper and said "I have enough laundry to do already!" and she looked thoughtful and said "you should get daddy to do the laundry!"
You're right, I should!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
@WhatABore what absolute bastards!!! Poor baby 😔 why can’t they take these things seriously when it comes to these kids?
I hope you’re in and out soon and she’s on the road to recovery x

Reactions: 4
@WhatABore thank goodness that you stuck to your guns and didn’t listen to the idiotic doctors you saw previously. So glad she is being treated properly. I hope she’s feeli my better asap x

So she has a uti that has spread to her kidneys, ear infection and tonsillitis.
They're still concerned about her knee so they're doing an mri tomorrow and sedating her 😭

They were a bit concerned that her oxygen dropped to 80 and heart rate up to 185 though

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
They're still concerned about her knee so they're doing an mri tomorrow and sedating her 😭

They were a bit concerned that her oxygen dropped to 80 and heart rate up to 185 though
Oh baby 😔 I still can’t believe they’ve just called you an anxious mum 😡 all while she is going through the worst pain. It’s bad enough being an adult and just having a UTI, but to throw all of this into the mix 💔

Reactions: 5

Poor girl, and poor Mummy as well. I’m so sorry she is so sick. Sending love to you x

Reactions: 3
The staff at the hospital have been amazing and she's been so brave.
She's been poked, prodded and stabbed constantly.
Blood sugars done every hour. And she's not complained once!

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Poor thing, can't believe that they kept fobbing you off with she was clearly so poorly.
Hope that in a few days she's much better and this can all become a distant memory.

Reactions: 3
What a trooper. Feel so bad she’s been going through this😞
It's horrible! It has amazed me how strong they are.
Considering she gets a paper cut and won't use her hand for days and cries every time she looks at it 😂

Asked me if I wanted to go call anyone.
Was no point because I just kept crying 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
It's horrible! It has amazed me how strong they are.
Considering she gets a paper cut and won't use her hand for days and cries every time she looks at it 😂

Asked me if I wanted to go call anyone.
Was no point because I just kept crying 😂
ahhhI’d be the same. Big hugs for you both xx

Update nobody asked for on the 4yo.

Currently they've seen she has a uti and ear infection.
They think there's something else though. She's had bloods taken and an xray because she hurt her knee last week and still can't walk properly. So they're concerned it's an infection in the joint.

Her heart rate is currently sitting at 165bpm 😩
We were supposed to go back to a waiting room but she's fallen asleep on the bed after doing her bloods so they've left us in here!
Thanks for the update (i was thinking about you both!) .. hopefully now you can start getting her on the mend xx and you can get back to normality 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 1
What is their plan for her, @WhatABore? Have they said how long she may need to stay?
Her infection rates are really high so she's just finished strong antibiotics on the drip and now she's just having some fluid and glucose through it.
Then in the morning they'll do another lot of antibiotics and hopefully her mri scan.
If they can't get her in for an mri, they'll sedate her anyway and try a needle in her joint to see if they can get any fluid out.
They've said to be prepared to be in for a few days though. All depending on the mri results tomorrow

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Her infection rates are really high so she's just finished strong antibiotics on the drip and now she's just having some fluid and glucose through it.
Then in the morning they'll do another lot of antibiotics and hopefully her mri scan.
If they can't get her in for an mri, they'll sedate her anyway and try a needle in her joint to see if they can get any fluid out.
They've said to be prepared to be in for a few days though. All depending on the mri results tomorrow
Oh my goodness, poor baby. What a lot for her to go through, and she sounds like she’s being incredibly brave.
How are you doing? Are you planning to stay the whole time or will MrBore be able to give you a chance to get home for a while?

Reactions: 2
Oh my goodness, poor baby. What a lot for her to go through, and she sounds like she’s being incredibly brave.
How are you doing? Are you planning to stay the whole time or will MrBore be able to give you a chance to get home for a while?
I'll be staying the whole time.
He has no transport as I'm the one that drives.
And he doesn't have the patience with her crying. So no chance I'm letting him deal with it! 😂

• Heart
Doctor has just come in and confirmed she has a throat infection, ear infection and pneumonia

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

Aww the poor thing and you too having to really fight for them to take you seriously. I hope she makes a swift recovery, keep us updated x

Doctor has just come in and confirmed she has a throat infection, ear infection and pneumonia
Jesus Christ! Thank god you listened to your gut and kept taking her in. Poor baby, she must have been really suffering and you were just an “anxious mum”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.