Toddler Advice Thread #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread;

The old thread was full.

Reactions: 1
Also pregnant with a toddler here and can relate to everything else everyone is saying. My boy is sooo clingy atm and just won’t let my husband do anything 😩 every minor inconvenience is ‘mummy cuddle’ and he now won’t let my husband bath him, read him a story anything so even when he does get home from work I don’t get much reprieve. I am just trying to ride it out but being pregnant and tired some days my patience is just so thin 😩 I think they can definitely sense when you’re pregnant! I just hope things get a bit easier when baby comes 🤞

we are currently toying with the idea of changing from cot to toddler bed as he’s learnt to climb out of the cot and we do have a sleep bag on him but he’s still trying to climb and I’m terrified of him flinging himself over the edge 😬 but my husband thinks he’s still too young for a bed and we’ll regret it! But I think he’ll settle so much easier at night if we do story milk etc in a bed as it’s when we go to put him in the cot now he gets worked up. What age did others transition to bed from cot?

Reactions: 2
i don’t think 2 is too young at all! If he is trying to climb over his cot then he is deffo old enough
my thoughts exactly! He is a very grown up little boy, I think making a big hoorah out of a big boy bed with bluey bedding etc as well will make him really happy and more likely to want to actually get in the bed, could be wishful thinking though 😂

Reactions: 3
Also pregnant with a toddler here and can relate to everything else everyone is saying. My boy is sooo clingy atm and just won’t let my husband do anything 😩 every minor inconvenience is ‘mummy cuddle’ and he now won’t let my husband bath him, read him a story anything so even when he does get home from work I don’t get much reprieve. I am just trying to ride it out but being pregnant and tired some days my patience is just so thin 😩 I think they can definitely sense when you’re pregnant! I just hope things get a bit easier when baby comes 🤞

we are currently toying with the idea of changing from cot to toddler bed as he’s learnt to climb out of the cot and we do have a sleep bag on him but he’s still trying to climb and I’m terrified of him flinging himself over the edge 😬 but my husband thinks he’s still too young for a bed and we’ll regret it! But I think he’ll settle so much easier at night if we do story milk etc in a bed as it’s when we go to put him in the cot now he gets worked up. What age did others transition to bed from cot?
Just after they turned 2 😊
Got them a gro clock to go along with it too

Just after they turned 2 😊
Got them a gro clock to go along with it too
yeah I was thinking of something like that also! Heard good things about the gro clocks. I just think it’s time to turn it into more of a toddlers room than babies room and like I said, make a big deal of it with him, big boys room before the baby comes and take him to pick out some new bedding etc!

Reactions: 4
yeah I was thinking of something like that also! Heard good things about the gro clocks. I just think it’s time to turn it into more of a toddlers room than babies room and like I said, make a big deal of it with him, big boys room before the baby comes and take him to pick out some new bedding etc!
This is what she was most excited about. Her dinosaur bedding she picked out 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4

Wow we are the same. My boy is literally all about mummy cuddle mummy cuddle. And wondering if we move him out of the cot too! I’ve been searching for the perfect bedding unfortunately Thomas and friends is not so popular anymore

i don’t mind when my toddler gets in our bed I enjoy the extra cuddles, it’s the not allowing his dad in the bed which I find a bit rough 😂

Wow we are the same. My boy is literally all about mummy cuddle mummy cuddle. And wondering if we move him out of the cot too! I’ve been searching for the perfect bedding unfortunately Thomas and friends is not so popular anymore

i don’t mind when my toddler gets in our bed I enjoy the extra cuddles, it’s the not allowing his dad in the bed which I find a bit rough 😂

My little boy is thomas obsessed too!

• Heart

haha yeah that is a bit mean kicking his dad out 😂 sounds like he just wants mummy all to himself! My little boy is being the exact same honestly, I just keep reminding myself in the blink of an eye he’ll be a teenager who hates me and refuses to talk to me so enjoy it whilst it lasts 😂 it is draining though sometimes I just have to lock myself in the bathroom and breatheeee 😮💨

My daughter has always been a mummy’s girl, she wanted her dad to do bedtime 3 nights in a row after Xmas and hasn’t let him since 🤣
We bought a small double bed for her room and I sleep in there with her. Im hoping she will stay in her bed when the baby comes but I doubt she will. But if we stick to bedtimes in there I think the double bed will help with being able to hold and feed the baby while also cuddling her. Or we’re going to end back in the big bed with a next to me and her dad in her room 🤣

My little girl. Is wanting me. My hubby like why wouldn't she hug me like that etc I tell him cause your nervous still you think she still the tiny human. But he does go for walks with her. Sadly she needs to stay in the cot longer but likes her travel got the most. Right wriggle one we have.

With my big 2, I moved them into a normal single bed just before their second birthdays. With my 3rd, he was a bit older as he was the best sleeper and never gave me any trouble. He was fine once we moved him though

With my big 2, I moved them into a normal single bed just before their second birthdays. With my 3rd, he was a bit older as he was the best sleeper and never gave me any trouble. He was fine once we moved him though
yeah he’s been a really good sleeper until recently and never gave it much thought until recently with him starting to climb out! His cot turns into a toddler bed so might just get a small bed guard to try at first see how he gets on with that

So my little girl came back from the childminders today really miserable, she was fine in the car but once we got home she just flopped on the couch, kept saying she was tired. She wouldn't sit up, just kept laying on the couch with her bum in the air watching Charlie and Lola. Refused her dinner and got really upset if we even suggested she eat anything. Had a bath and she was so sleepy she almost nodded off in there, then when we got her out she threw up everywhere.

Does this sound like a heat thing? I know she was in the garden most of the day at the childminders so maybe got dehydrated. I'm a bit worried, but she's been asleep since like 6.30 and not a peep.

• Heart
yeah he’s been a really good sleeper until recently and never gave it much thought until recently with him starting to climb out! His cot turns into a toddler bed so might just get a small bed guard to try at first see how he gets on with that
Exactly what I’m going to do, if it doesn’t work out I am going to put the cot sides back up. But at least I will be able to lie with him in the toddler bed (hopefully, should check those weight limits 😂)

So my little girl came back from the childminders today really miserable, she was fine in the car but once we got home she just flopped on the couch, kept saying she was tired. She wouldn't sit up, just kept laying on the couch with her bum in the air watching Charlie and Lola. Refused her dinner and got really upset if we even suggested she eat anything. Had a bath and she was so sleepy she almost nodded off in there, then when we got her out she threw up everywhere.

Does this sound like a heat thing? I know she was in the garden most of the day at the childminders so maybe got dehydrated. I'm a bit worried, but she's been asleep since like 6.30 and not a peep.
It could just be because she's been outside and it's so hot.
All of my kids get extra sleepy when it's hot.
Especially if there's a chance she isn't sleeping as well at night because of it being hot.

Are you able to check her temperature to kind of rule out heatstroke ect?

Exactly what I’m going to do, if it doesn’t work out I am going to put the cot sides back up. But at least I will be able to lie with him in the toddler bed (hopefully, should check those weight limits 😂)
yeah my thoughts exactly! Got the bits to collect from Argos today with some duggee bedding, fingers crossed bedtime goes a bit smoother tonight 🤞

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.